Tyner Academy 1993 Schedule

FridayMainEvent

Can anyone tell me what Tyner's record was for that year?   I'm trying to update my database of Coaches and I've found Wayne Turner's record was listed incorrectly during his tenure at Tyner so I was trying to verify it for my notes.   I've got his record as 210-106 from 1994-2019, but I believe 93 was his first season to coach there. 

Thanks,

Mike Molder

Edited by FridayMainEvent

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Can anyone tell me what Tyner's record was for that year?   I'm trying to update my database of Coaches and I've found Wayne Turner's record was listed incorrectly during his tenure at Tyner so I was trying to verify it for my notes.   I've got his record as 210-106 from 1994-2019, but I believe 93 was his first season to coach there. 

Thanks,

Mike Molder

Tyner had a record of 5-5 in 1993.  Are you sure '93 was his first year and not 1992? 

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

No, I'm not sure, but 2 different sources said he had been there 27 years.   That would make 1993 his first season, correct?

Main event man I got my 1994 Murphy Fair book out to see what that Turner mans record was in 1993.  He went 5-5. That Turner mans first year was 1991.  He started out the season  in 1993 beating ooltewah, Madisonville and Lenoir city.  Then that Turner man lost four in a row to McMinn central, Tullahoma,Marion County, and Brentwood Academy.  That Turner man won the last two games beating Kingston and Howard.  He had that Geiger boy that was 6"6 305 pounds.  He could have played in the SEC.  

Main event man dont ever question me or Murphys football knowledge.  You think im joking but im not. 

20 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Main event man I got my 1994 Murphy Fair book out to see what that Turner mans record was in 1993.  He went 5-5. That Turner mans first year was 1991.  He started out the season  in 1993 beating ooltewah, Madisonville and Lenoir city.  Then that Turner man lost four in a row to McMinn central, Tullahoma,Marion County, and Brentwood Academy.  That Turner man won the last two games beating Kingston and Howard.  He had that Geiger boy that was 6"6 305 pounds.  He could have played in the SEC.  

Main event man dont ever question me or Murphys football knowledge.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy,  I have all my Murphy Fair books hermetically sealed inside my Pirate chest.  If you come over I'll serve you up all the hot cocoa you can drink.  I'll even let you read to me out of my books. 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

@FridayMainEvent,  I did a bit of checking.  Tyner went 4-6 in 1991,   8-3 in 1992  and 5-5 in 1993. The best source will prolly be Stephen Hargis.   He did a segment called 100 yards on area coaches.  They are on YouTube.  The Wayne Turner video said he was starting his 30th year at Tyner beginning with the 2019 season.

Towner man I garuntee ive done said this mess in my post.  That Turner man started in 1991 at that Tyner school.  We dont need this Hargis man to answer this mess.  I already did in my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not. 

11 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Towner man I garuntee ive done said this mess in my post.  That Turner man started in 1991 at that Tyner school.  We dont need this Hargis man to answer this mess.  I already did in my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not. 

Don't get smart with me Roy.  That Hargis man is a great source as well.  He even has a paper that comes out daily.  You can still come over and drink some hot cocoa with me. 

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@FridayMainEvent,  I did a bit of checking.  Tyner went 4-6 in 1991,   8-3 in 1992  and 5-5 in 1993. The best source will prolly be Stephen Hargis.   He did a segment called 100 yards on area coaches.  They are on YouTube.  The Wayne Turner video said he was starting his 30th year at Tyner beginning with the 2019 season.

Okay, he's been there longer than 27 seasons then.   I knew something wasn't jiving with what I had read.   Thanks for clearing that up.