Welcome to the TSSAA Green Hill High School

fredjones

8 hours ago, longtimeretired said:

I need to get out more. I did not even know a new school was being built. Opening? How many students? Seniors and Athletes have an option? So a coach has been chosen? When is an announcement?

Opens in the fall.  1200 to 1600 students to open with.  As of now, only current juniors have an option to stay at MJHS; everyone else goes to the school they are newly zoned to.  No coach yet, but Dr. Chris Tucker from White House Heritage is the AD

On 1/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, workinprogress said:

Spoon I don't think it's a rumor. Most of the time the admin already know who they want. If there are interviews to be had its for assistant coaches. 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:36 AM, TheSpoon said:

Rumor is they already have a coach who has previous experience in the district...

Interviews were done and are complete.  An offer was been made but not yet accepted.  The potential HC does have district ties.  It is not my place to release any details so out of respect for him and all parties involved I would prefer to leave it at that level of detail.

Green Hill has a football coach.  His name is Josh Crouch.  For the past two seasons he was the DC at St. George's in Memphis.  Before that, he was on staff at Wilson Central  from 2013-2017 and started his coaching career at Ezell Harding in 2012.  He is a Smyrna native who graduated from Smyrna in 2007.

1 hour ago, fredjones said:

Green Hill has a football coach.  His name is Josh Crouch.  For the past two seasons he was the DC at St. George's in Memphis.  Before that, he was on staff at Wilson Central  from 2013-2017 and started his coaching career at Ezell Harding in 2012.  He is a Smyrna native who graduated from Smyrna in 2007.

Also played college football at Cumberland University.  Wishing him the very best.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:40 PM, Jokur said:

What is the word with the coaching staff? Seems to be an appealing area with above average talent. Would think a few from nashville may want to come over with the big time facilities

How will this school affect Mount Juliet zone? Also, money may keep current coaches in other counties from coming to Wilson Co.

Edited by longtimeretired

57 minutes ago, longtimeretired said:

How will this school affect Mount Juliet zone? Also, money may keep current coaches in other counties from coming to Wilson Co.

Instead of two middle school feeders for Mount Juliet (MJ) they have divided them so Green Hill (GH) has a dedicated feeder as well as MJ having one dedicated feeder.  Wilson Central (WC) now has a similar sized middle school as a feeder that opened this year.  The physical zone did also change for MJ quite a bit (smaller) since GH is relatively close.  It didn't effect WC much.