Macon vs Upperman round 1

jimbo44

10 hours ago, twistedsister said:

Macon has won 3 in a row against upperman. Chances are very likely to b 4 and 5 in a row before this season is over im not saying it will but highly likely and here's why. Since the levy girl graduated is been different for upperman she was in a class all by herself and one of the best I ever seen play. She could beat u by herself. Upperman has good players now don't get me wrong but u can't coach what this girl had. Macon has a lot of good players with speed and lots of experience if one don't do it the other will and depth on the bench to go with it.The levy girl made every player in the district better including macon big time.

save this same paragraph for next year and we can just remove Levy name and put Carter name in there . Upperman has good players and Macon has good players,high school sports fluctuates , Levy was surrounded by a great group of players(they gone now ) as is Carter. This is the same Macon team ,this is not the same Uhs team. Macon is more seasoned and this year they have more weapons no doubt.

4 hours ago, repoman said:

Prolly opposite,  more $ = no grudges, less $= grudges,  if you think refs don't hold grudges, I got some dry land in bottom of a holler in Jackson co I will sale ya!

2 hours ago, tnchad1980 said:

Refs are human! There's many reasons they could have grudges

Of course they are human. But most humans would not subject themselves to the abuse referees receive every time they officiate a game. That is far beyond my comfort zone.

Refs are not normal people, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It is pretty evident they must have thick skins in order to let the boos go in one ear and out the other. It's possible they put themselves above all the abuse, knowing they are better than the boos and jeers. 

So why do they referee games at the high school level in Tennessee? I don't know what they get paid, but whatever it is would not be enough for me. Do they like the exercise and being part of a game they once may have played? Do they like having some authority? Maybe, but that's no crime.

How about they like to see the kids competing and accomplishing things?  There's some fantastic players out there.

There is no way I could do their job, so, instead of projecting my inabilities on to someone else whose motivations I do not understand, I choose to look for the good.

As far as "not being paid enough", a grudge might develop if a referee's actual livelihood was at stake—say at the professional level. Even then, allowing a grudge to affect the outcome of a game would be a rare exception to the rule.

Finally, if I choose to see the negative side, what would be the point to going to any of the games?

I have been known to question calls. I paid my five bucks. But I always believe things have a tendency to even out. As far as booing during games, that's something I don't do. Again, if someone paid the price of admission, that's their privilege. 

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Of course they are human. But most humans would not subject themselves to the abuse referees receive every time they officiate a game. That is far beyond my comfort zone.

Refs are not normal people, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It is pretty evident they must have thick skins in order to let the boos go in one ear and out the other. It's possible they put themselves above all the abuse, knowing they are better than the boos and jeers. 

So why do they referee games at the high school level in Tennessee? I don't know what they get paid, but whatever it is would not be enough for me. Do they like the exercise and being part of a game they once may have played? Do they like having some authority? Maybe, but that's no crime.

How about they like to see the kids competing and accomplishing things?  There's some fantastic players out there.

There is no way I could do their job, so, instead of projecting my inabilities on to someone else whose motivations I do not understand, I choose to look for the good.

As far as "not being paid enough", a grudge might develop if a referee's actual livelihood was at stake—say at the professional level. Even then, allowing a grudge to affect the outcome of a game would be a rare exception to the rule.

Finally, if I choose to see the negative side, what would be the point to going to any of the games?

I have been known to question calls. I paid my five bucks. But I always believe things have a tendency to even out. As far as booing during games, that's something I don't do. Again, if someone paid the price of admission, that's their privilege. 

Have a nice day.

I agree with you 150%!!! I could NOT do their job, nor do I have the restraint required to do what they do.  I really do like your point of view though!

10 hours ago, repoman said:

save this same paragraph for next year and we can just remove Levy name and put Carter name in there . Upperman has good players and Macon has good players,high school sports fluctuates , Levy was surrounded by a great group of players(they gone now ) as is Carter. This is the same Macon team ,this is not the same Uhs team. Macon is more seasoned and this year they have more weapons no doubt.

there's one to take cater's place that im sure will b almost if not as good next year but the year after that it could fall off a lot. And just for the record it would not surprise me if upperman beat macon once this year at some point. It's hard to beat a good team 3 or 4 times and upperman is good.