TN gets two Tulsa Champs

durdon

8 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

No it really doesn’t. If that’s the case why do you sometimes wrestle for minions which is a GA club? I would almost bet you rarely ever even practice with that team down in GA. So no the team name matters very little. Who actually did the training is what matters and I would almost bet there was very little training has taken place with this family and Boom Ranch. Oh and by the way to help get his name out there I have a bunch of drag cars and would be happy to place some Boom Ranch stickers on them. That name does have a big ring to it!

The Minions had a practice this past Saturday in Chattanooga that Dan Dennis ran.  Kids that wrestle under the minion flag are either traveling with the Minions to tournaments or practicing with the Minions almost every single weekend.  This is why kids on that travel team will sometimes register and wrestle under the Minion flag, but most of the time for individual tournaments the Minion kids will wrestle under their own club, Grindhouse, Higher Calling, Compound, Storm, Boom Ranch, level Up, etc.  as they choose usually to give credit to the club they feel has developed them the most. 

And, if you don’t know who is doing the majority of training of the Hilton kids then you really shouldn’t be speculating about them.  I can guarantee you that combined Cooper and Caroline Hilton spend more time training at Boom Ranch than they do anywhere else.  

And, your reference to sponsorship is completely wrong in this case, even though Boom Ranch has anonymously poured money into sponsoring TN kids to go to tournaments, the Hilton’s have never received sponsorship money from Boom Ranch. And, Boom Ranch has never asked any kid who have been sponsored by Boom Ranch to wrestle under their flag and in fact most haven’t. 

Bottomline, the Hilton’s choose to have their daughter wrestle under the Boom Ranch flag and give the credit to Boom Ranch.  If you have an issue with that then talk to the parents.  

This thread is about the incredible accomplishment that these two young girls achieved and celebrating that these girls won Tulsa which by the way NO ONE FROM TN HAS EVER DONE BEFORE!  

But instead, you two guys have decided to be total jerks because she registered under a Chattanooga flag and not a Nashville Flag. 

Seriously, can you guys just not say something nice about these two young wrestlers? 

Edited by durdon

1 hour ago, durdon said:

The Minions had a practice this past Saturday in Chattanooga that Dan Dennis ran.  Kids that wrestle under the minion flag are either traveling with the Minions to tournaments or practicing with the Minions almost every single weekend.  This is why kids on that travel team will sometimes register and wrestle under the Minion flag, but most of the time for individual tournaments the Minion kids will wrestle under their own club, Grindhouse, Higher Calling, Compound, Storm, Boom Ranch, level Up, etc.  as they choose usually to give credit to the club they feel has developed them the most. 

And, if you don’t know who is doing the majority of training of the Hilton kids then you really shouldn’t be speculating about them.  I can guarantee you that combined Cooper and Caroline Hilton spend more time training at Boom Ranch than they do anywhere else.  

And, your reference to sponsorship is completely wrong in this case, even though Boom Ranch has anonymously poured money into sponsoring TN kids to go to tournaments, the Hilton’s have never received sponsorship money from Boom Ranch. And, Boom Ranch has never asked any kid who have been sponsored by Boom Ranch to wrestle under their flag and in fact most haven’t. 

Bottomline, the Hilton’s choose to have their daughter wrestle under the Boom Ranch flag and give the credit to Boom Ranch.  If you have an issue with that then talk to the parents.  

This thread is about the incredible accomplishment that these two young girls achieved and celebrating that these girls won Tulsa which by the way NO ONE FROM TN HAS EVER DONE BEFORE!  

But instead, you two guys have decided to be total jerks because she registered under a Chattanooga flag and not a Nashville Flag. 

Seriously, can you guys just not say something nice about these two young wrestlers? 

Pretty sure I did say something nice about the 2 girls that went and wrestled for TN being the only 2 girls on the entry list and WON the tournament and looked dang good with their 2 big freaking eagle trophies.

So you might want to re-read my posts since it seems all you care about is the Boom Ranch name and nothing else. I just take issue in AAU wrestling being not any better than AAU basketball it seems. It's about like you guys never mentioning Higher Calling and being the reason that your son is where he is at after the years spent by Josh helping build your son to the championship caliber that he is, just like he did with a ton of others including the years spent building Chittum. I am a Chattanooga guy, I wrestled here and been doing this MUCH longer than you have, spent the years volunteering as a high school coach not getting paid a dime for any of it because I loved the sport. So this isn't about Chattanooga vs Nashville, this is about taking credit from where it's due and again it's not any better than that crap I see from basketball. We all know you and your love for Mr Chittum, I have the same reverence for Coach Henry who did all my building as a wrestler. 

• Upvote 1

I listed Higher Calling for Piper, just like I listed Boom Ranch for Carolyn.  

Had you guys attacked Higher Calling because Piper moved here this past summer from Nashville,  I would have defended Higher Calling just as much as I defended Boom Ranch. Over the past few years,  I have boosted and defended Higher Calling, Cleveland wrestling and their high school kids a thousand times more than I’ve  ever even mentioned Boom Ranch.  

Higher Calling and Josh are the reason why my son is in wrestling still today. I always have and always will give Josh credit for everything he has done for my son.  And just FYI, my son still trains some with Josh and I talk to Josh every few days.  

1 hour ago, durdon said:

I listed Higher Calling for Piper, just like I listed Boom Ranch for Carolyn.  

Had you guys attacked Higher Calling because Piper moved here this past summer from Nashville,  I would have defended Higher Calling just as much as I defended Boom Ranch. Over the past few years,  I have boosted and defended Higher Calling, Cleveland wrestling and their high school kids a thousand times more than I’ve  ever even mentioned Boom Ranch.  

Higher Calling and Josh are the reason why my son is in wrestling still today. I always have and always will give Josh credit for everything he has done for my son.  And just FYI, my son still trains some with Josh and I talk to Josh every few days.  

Well maybe that’s because Boom Ranch hasn’t been around all that long AND Hilton’s family didn’t move to Cleveland from Culleoke they still live the 3 hours away from Boom Ranch and even higher calling. That’s why her situation is different she actually moved here to train with higher calling while the other does not. It’s about like the girl from TN softball that played on the Cobb county softball team but lived down in Florida. She played for them yes, but didn’t do weekly practices with that team or spend countless hours every single week training by witH them.

Congrats to both girls for all their hard work and congrats on their wins at a tough tournament!