District 1-AAA Outlook for week of 1-20-20

TribalEmpire

Well we are through the first go round of conference play in most, if not every district in the Volunteer state.  Tomorrow will start the second round for most everyone.  I will focus on District 1 schools as far as giving outlooks and reviews as we head rapidly toward the postseason.

After Friday's district contests in District 1-AAA:

1. Science Hill                  13-7, 6-0
  2. Dobyns-Bennett         16-6, 5-1
  3. Daniel Boone                9-8, 4-2
  4. David Crockett            12-10, 3-3
  5. Volunteer                     11-10, 2-4
  6. Tennessee High            5-17, 1-5
  7. Cherokee                       6-14, 0-6

Games involving district teams this week:

Monday, January 20:

• Daniel Boone at Greeneville
  • Morristown East at Cherokee

Tuesday, January 21:

• Dobyns-Bennett at Tennessee High
  • Daniel Boone at Volunteer
  • Cherokee at David Crockett

Friday January 24:

• Science Hill at Tennessee High
  • Cherokee at Daniel Boone
  • David Crockett at Volunteer

Saturday, January 25:

• Dobyns-Bennett at Greeneville

After the first go round of district play, it is clear that Science Hill is unquestionably the top team in the conference.  The Hilltoppers thrashed D-B on Friday night in a battle of conference undefeated foes.  Also on Friday, Boone demolished Crockett and Volunteer hit a shot at the buzzer to defeat county rival Cherokee to keep them winless in the district.  None of the district contests should be competitive this week.  The top four are pretty much set as the bottom three are clearly a step below them, even though Volunteer is above .500.  

On 1/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, SWVAHavokFan said:

Well we are through the first go round of conference play in most, if not every district in the Volunteer state.  Tomorrow will start the second round for most everyone.  I will focus on District 1 schools as far as giving outlooks and reviews as we head rapidly toward the postseason.

After Friday's district contests in District 1-AAA:

1. Science Hill                  13-7, 6-0
  2. Dobyns-Bennett         16-6, 5-1
  3. Daniel Boone                9-8, 4-2
  4. David Crockett            12-10, 3-3
  5. Volunteer                     11-10, 2-4
  6. Tennessee High            5-17, 1-5
  7. Cherokee                       6-14, 0-6

Games involving district teams this week:

Monday, January 20:

• Daniel Boone at Greeneville
  • Morristown East at Cherokee

Tuesday, January 21:

• Dobyns-Bennett at Tennessee High
  • Daniel Boone at Volunteer
  • Cherokee at David Crockett

Friday January 24:

• Science Hill at Tennessee High
  • Cherokee at Daniel Boone
  • David Crockett at Volunteer

Saturday, January 25:

• Dobyns-Bennett at Greeneville

After the first go round of district play, it is clear that Science Hill is unquestionably the top team in the conference.  The Hilltoppers thrashed D-B on Friday night in a battle of conference undefeated foes.  Also on Friday, Boone demolished Crockett and Volunteer hit a shot at the buzzer to defeat county rival Cherokee to keep them winless in the district.  None of the district contests should be competitive this week.  The top four are pretty much set as the bottom three are clearly a step below them, even though Volunteer is above .500.  

I don’t know if I would say Unquestionably. I was a little surprised when I seen the Crockett score 65-69 vs SH, what happened in that game?

19 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I don’t know if I would say Unquestionably. I was a little surprised when I seen the Crockett score 65-69 vs SH, what happened in that game?

Alasia Smith was injured in that game, she was out that game and the following game against Volunteer.  Volunteer actually led Science Hill at the half, until Science Hill waxed them the second.

1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Alasia Smith was injured in that game, she was out that game and the following game against Volunteer.  Volunteer actually led Science Hill at the half, until Science Hill waxed them the second.

She played against Crockett she was out maybe 3-4 minutes in the 4th quarter. Coach Gordon coached his tail off that game.

21 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Alasia Smith got injured in the 4th quarter missed maybe 3-4 minutes came right back in. Crockett played the best game of the season. Coach Gordon coached his tail off that game.