Stone at Clarkrange

smalltownguy1966

9 minutes ago, tnchad1980 said:

What is the enrollment parameters for A-AA-AAA?? I looked for it online and can't pinpoint it

https://tssaa.org/article/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021#di-basketball

0-494 A

495-1033 AA

1034-infinity AAA

My point is we are way past the “little ole Clarkrange” comments as 

A It is actually not the smallest school in their district (Red Springs)

B There are 8 gold balls in the trophy case along with a few Silver ones (good luck finding their Boys runner up trophy as it’s hidden away)

C Let’s not pretend  just get the players from small town Clarkrange many of their players come from all over the upper Cumberland area. It’s highly possible that both Dishman and Capps would have played there if not for their relationship to the coaches at Cumberland and Stone. 

The Clarkrange team that beat the Stone team last night played the game with six players. All from Clarkrange. All attended South Fentress Elementary. The 19-20 Clarkrange team does not have a player from outside of Fentress County on the team. A couple attended elementary schools on the North end of the county and chose to go to their county high school instead of York. Alot of schools get players from different places at different times. Just as some at Stone in the past came from CCHS fed elementary schools. We are talking about the game last night. I don't cry the "little school" bit but I also don't cry the "players go there from other places" bit either when other schools have kids from different places on their teams and beat Clarkrange. "Little ole Clarkrange" has something other teams don't have that set them apart and that is Coach Lamar Rogers. Clarkrange was the better team last night and its not because they have anyone from another town. Just ask Mike Buck...who played at "little ole Clarkrange". 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ringmaster17 said:

The Clarkrange team that beat the Stone team last night played the game with six players. All from Clarkrange. All attended South Fentress Elementary. The 19-20 Clarkrange team does not have a player from outside of Fentress County on the team. A couple attended elementary schools on the North end of the county and chose to go to their county high school instead of York. Alot of schools get players from different places at different times. Just as some at Stone in the past came from CCHS fed elementary schools. We are talking about the game last night. I don't cry the "little school" bit but I also don't cry the "players go there from other places" bit either when other schools have kids from different places on their teams and beat Clarkrange. "Little ole Clarkrange" has something other teams don't have that set them apart and that is Coach Lamar Rogers. Clarkrange was the better team last night and its not because they have anyone from another town. Just ask Mike Buck...who played at "little ole Clarkrange". 

Some teams just have more tradition no matter their size. White County understands. We are barely big enough to be AAA.

Edited by 85warrior

3 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

I meant no disrespect, Clarkrange is one of my favorite gyms and teams to watch. Coach Rodgers has built an incredible tradition and program. He has earned every accolade he gets. I just laughed at the “little ole Clarkrange” type comment when everyone knows about the type of program there. It’s not like Rodgers is standing with a clipboard begging girls to sign up, they grow up playing basketball and dreaming of being a Lady Buffalo. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

I'm just saying out of everyone in attendance last night, maybe 10% ofcthem thought the game turned out as it did. I take nothing from away from Stone or Mike Buck he is an awesome coach and think very highly of him. Was a very exciting game. Best of luck to both teams.:popcorneater:

I was shocked by the margin of victory but not the result. Stone does not have the depth to run with a highly skilled team like Clarkrange who is the best team in the area outside of Macon IMO. Barring major injuries They should make it at least to the State Tournament if not win the whole thing. Stone can make the tournament but will need a good night from Capps and/or someone to step up. The rematch should be fun to watch I may attend it since I missed this one. 

Edited by Khall555

19 hours ago, Khall555 said:

https://tssaa.org/article/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021#di-basketball

0-494 A

495-1033 AA

1034-infinity AAA

My point is we are way past the “little ole Clarkrange” comments as 

A It is actually not the smallest school in their district (Red Springs)

B There are 8 gold balls in the trophy case along with a few Silver ones (good luck finding their Boys runner up trophy as it’s hidden away)

C Let’s not pretend  just get the players from small town Clarkrange many of their players come from all over the upper Cumberland area. It’s highly possible that both Dishman and Capps would have played there if not for their relationship to the coaches at Cumberland and Stone. 

Not one time in my topic did I say Clarkrange was the smallest in Class A. :geek::thumb: