smalltownguy1966

20 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Based on what I could find on tssaa website it's 

A      0-494

AA     495-1033

AAA  1034-and greater

thank you both!!!!

20 hours ago, Khall555 said:

https://tssaa.org/article/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021#di-basketball

0-494 A

495-1033 AA

1034-infinity AAA

My point is we are way past the “little ole Clarkrange” comments as 

A It is actually not the smallest school in their district (Red Springs)

B There are 8 gold balls in the trophy case along with a few Silver ones (good luck finding their Boys runner up trophy as it’s hidden away)

C Let’s not pretend  just get the players from small town Clarkrange many of their players come from all over the upper Cumberland area. It’s highly possible that both Dishman and Capps would have played there if not for their relationship to the coaches at Cumberland and Stone. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Khall555 said:

I was shocked by the margin of victory but not the result. Stone does not have the depth to run with a highly skilled team like Clarkrange who is the best team in the area outside of Macon IMO. Barring major injuries They should make it at least to the State Tournament if not win the whole thing. Stone can make the tournament but will need a good night from Capps and/or someone to step up. The rematch should be fun to watch I may attend it since I missed this one. 

The rematch was a different outcome than the first game. I guess maybe Stone does have the depth to run with a highly skilled team like Clarkrange. ( who is, in fact, incredibly fun to watch and definitely highly skilled. ) good luck to both teams in the post season. 

Be hard for me to pick a “best” out of these 4 as they all bring something different.  I have watched ball in Fentress  Co for many years and have enjoyed watching all 4 develop.  The twins are lightening quick and very fundamental and just plain fun to watch. They both had off games last night but that game sure doesn’t define them. Miller is an amazing athlete that is gonna be hard for any team to Handle. Capps is not as athletic as the other three mentioned but makes up for that with tremendous skill and shooting ability. I think they all will be successful players at the next level.  To have 2 great players on each of these teams is very awesome and unusual. I was impressed at how well Capps and Miller look to pass to each other last night. That is not always the case when you have that much talent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fentressbb said:

Be hard for me to pick a “best” out of these 4 as they all bring something different.  I have watched ball in Fentress  Co for many years and have enjoyed watching all 4 develop.  The twins are lightening quick and very fundamental and just plain fun to watch. They both had off games last night but that game sure doesn’t define them. Miller is an amazing athlete that is gonna be hard for any team to Handle. Capps is not as athletic as the other three mentioned but makes up for that with tremendous skill and shooting ability. I think they all will be successful players at the next level.  To have 2 great players on each of these teams is very awesome and unusual. I was impressed at how well Capps and Miller look to pass to each other last night. That is not always the case when you have that much talent.

You are trying to ride the fence,Miller is the best of the 4 ,no debating.. her D 1 offers are proof ,these college coaches aren't idiots, (as some posters think,dont sleep on so and so,etc.. get so tired on twitter etc..)The twins are great high school players period. Capps is a great hs player and will be niche player  and will be role player at D 1 GW, Miller will be a dominate starter at Belmont eventually .

53 minutes ago, repoman said:

You are trying to ride the fence,Miller is the best of the 4 ,no debating.. her D 1 offers are proof ,these college coaches aren't idiots, (as some posters think,dont sleep on so and so,etc.. get so tired on twitter etc..)The twins are great high school players period. Capps is a great hs player and will be niche player  and will be role player at D 1 GW, Miller will be a dominate starter at Belmont eventually .

Nope, not trying to ride the fence at all. Really don’t see the point in debating and trying to rank 4 really good players in our area that all have bright futures. I doubt any of these 4 kids even care if they are called “ the best “. They seem to all be great kids trying to win games.  Like I stated, they all are strong in different areas which has led to much success for all.  I do think some D 2 school will be very excited to get the twins. They will play at the next level and they will have success past high school. As for Capps, I have not seen many 6’2 girls that have great footwork in the paint and also qualify as one of most effective three point shooters in the state. I am certain Gardner Web is happy to get her and has big plans for her. And you are 100% correct , Miller has a very high ceiling due to her athleticism.  I hope you are right and I hope she goes to Belmont and leaves her mark.  To play at the next level is awesome, no matter the level. Let’s celebrate the fact that all these girls are great players. And like I said - I think all the comparing and trying to rank is only for adult ego and pride.  I see success in the future for all 4 of these young ladies. 

• Like 1