Chloe Moore McNeil - Greenfield High School

Greenfieldfan

On 1/28/2020 at 1:10 PM, lionsupport said:

You can count on one hand the number of Class A players from TN that have played in the SEC.  

Not an expert on college destinations from across the state but a bit of cursory research turned up these facts. In addition to the aforementioned Tess Darby, headed to Tennessee, I count 4 Class A Miss Basketball winners who played in the SEC. 

1986 Lynn Stevenson      Richland        Auburn

1995 Brynae Laxton        Oneida          Tennessee

1999 Ashley McElhiney   Gleason         Vanderbilt

2013 Jaycee Coe               Jackson Co.    Kentucky

That fills up one hand. Off the top of my head I can add Tiffany Adkins from Gibson Co. who started her career at Ole Miss. These are just SEC players from Class A. Know of some others who've gone to other power conferences such as ACC & Big 10. Not much of a jump for the best in Class A. 

As far as what Chloe does will be what is best for her and her family. We should not be concerned with it.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 1:10 PM, lionsupport said:

I bet Greenfield fan is looking for some rope right now.  Chloe Moore is a great Class A basketball player.  Probably will be Miss Basketball again but she is a Class A basketball player.  You can count on one hand the number of Class A players from TN that have played in the SEC.  It is a major jump in skill level.  She demonstrates night in and night out she is the best player on the floor against inferior talent.  She just hasn't played against the top tier talent in the country and that will or has hurt her. I am not knocking her at all because like many have said she would be my first pick if I had a Class A team. I hope she does go to Kentucky and I wish her the best in whatever she does because she has pounded Dresden for 4 years.

High school basketball isn't typically where the top players get the looks of major college coaches. Chloe has been playing against some of the top talent from all over the country on the Exposure ball circuit for years. Coaches/ Recruiters from every team attend these tournaments because it's a one stop shop where they can evaluate all the best players in one location & they have all had their eyes on Chloe. The interest is there and my guess is she's being patient and taking every offer or school of interest into account to make the best decision for herself and her family. Everyone can see the amazing player she is on the court but to know her off the court, you see what type of high caliber, high moral, family minded young woman she is. She is going to have a bright future wherever she chooses & the team will be better by having her on it. It's been a blessing to watch her play all these years.

10 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Not an expert on college destinations from across the state but a bit of cursory research turned up these facts. In addition to the aforementioned Tess Darby, headed to Tennessee, I count 4 Class A Miss Basketball winners who played in the SEC. 

1986 Lynn Stevenson      Richland        Auburn

1995 Brynae Laxton        Oneida          Tennessee

1999 Ashley McElhiney   Gleason         Vanderbilt

2013 Jaycee Coe               Jackson Co.    Kentucky

That fills up one hand. Off the top of my head I can add Tiffany Adkins from Gibson Co. who started her career at Ole Miss. These are just SEC players from Class A. Know of some others who've gone to other power conferences such as ACC & Big 10. Not much of a jump for the best in Class A. 

As far as what Chloe does will be what is best for her and her family. We should not be concerned with it.

So 5 players in Class A have played in the SEC in the last 33 years and you say it is not much of jump. I think the sheer number alone should be enough to show it is a major jump in talent level.

5 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

So 5 players in Class A have played in the SEC in the last 33 years and you say it is not much of jump. I think the sheer number alone should be enough to show it is a major jump in talent level.

Those are just five I know of right off. May be the only ones. Not going to argue the numbers or how much of a jump it is. There have been plenty of Class A kids who have chosen mid-major or NAIA because of various reasons who could have played in a Power conference. Yes, it IS a big jump in competition level for MOST Class A players. I said it was NOT as much for the elite players, ones who played serious schedules in high school & played high level AAU ball.

The thread is about Chloe. She is capable of playing in a Power conference if she chooses too. If she does not, she will excel wherever she makes her choice because of the quality of person she is.

• Like 2

It is a huge jump from Class A to the SEC.....it is a huge jump from any classification to the SEC!! However, since we're talking about the limited number of players that have done so, how about we talk about the ones that are capable/will jump pretty soon. Chloe in my opinion will play Power 5 somewhere. It is her thread so I will come back to her. Loretto has one that will play wherever she wants to! And...or course Chloes teammate headed to Tennessee already. 3 just in the next couple of years is pretty amazing. 

I personally have watched Chloe play many times on the exposure level against some of the top talent in the country. She is NO DOUBT capable of playing in the SEC or whatever other level she chooses. As talented a kid as there is around this year in my opinion. She is not a "flight kid" and for whatever reason, people like to dock her for that, but the fact is she isn't a flight kid because she didn't want to be...I assure you they wanted her a tried their darndest to add her in July!! 

The kid can play! And will be a HUGE success at the college level.

24 minutes ago, Play 4 Fun said:

It is a huge jump from Class A to the SEC.....it is a huge jump from any classification to the SEC!! However, since we're talking about the limited number of players that have done so, how about we talk about the ones that are capable/will jump pretty soon. Chloe in my opinion will play Power 5 somewhere. It is her thread so I will come back to her. Loretto has one that will play wherever she wants to! And...or course Chloes teammate headed to Tennessee already. 3 just in the next couple of years is pretty amazing. 

I personally have watched Chloe play many times on the exposure level against some of the top talent in the country. She is NO DOUBT capable of playing in the SEC or whatever other level she chooses. As talented a kid as there is around this year in my opinion. She is not a "flight kid" and for whatever reason, people like to dock her for that, but the fact is she isn't a flight kid because she didn't want to be...I assure you they wanted her a tried their darndest to add her in July!! 

The kid can play! And will be a HUGE success at the college level.

Chloe playing with Flight is pointless in this conversation. There are several kids who have high major offers, or are going high major, that aren't Flight kids across the state. I will say this.... if she did play with the Flight and show she was capable of playing in the SEC,  I guarantee you she'd be going to the SEC. Regardless of what people's opinions are whether she can/can't play in the SEC, time is running out...... and there should be a sense of urgency. If she doesn't have high major offers, go to a good mid-major and beat those high major schools.

Additionally, Heather Butler and Jasmine Newsome were phenomenal high school players that had outstanding careers at UTM and are now in the Hall of Fame there. Heather had a career playing pro ball and Newsome is now an assistant at UTM. Be sure to go into a good situation and not just the biggest offer. I would say it worked out well for these two.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 2

State Tournament is in a few weeks. Got a feeling she is going to go up there and put on a show in front of the state again. TN is who I am disappointed in  Jolley Harper watched her take over the game against a girl with SEC offers against Loretto. I seen her lead a team to dominate another with a TN offer from Jonesboro. It is not like she don’t know about her. 

Edited by pioneer42

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

State Tournament is in a few weeks. Got a feeling she is going to go up there and put on a show in front of the state again. TN is who I am disappointed in  Jolley Harper watched her take over the game against a girl with SEC offers against Loretto. I seen her lead a team to dominate another with a TN offer from Jonesboro. It is not like she don’t know about her. 

Tennessee doesn't need a point guard.... and has no more room to sign players in this class.... there is a lot more to this stuff than her being good enough to play there. The reason Tess is going to Tennessee is because she's a great 3-point shooter, proved herself as an elite shooter on the Nike circuit, and Tennessee NEEDS a 3-point shooter.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Tennessee doesn't need a point guard.... and has no more room to sign players in this class.... there is a lot more to this stuff than her being good enough to play there. The reason Tess is going to Tennessee is because she's a great 3-point shooter, proved herself as an elite shooter on the Nike circuit, and Tennessee NEEDS a 3-point shooter.

Chloe can shoot the three well. She can do it all. I just don’t see how you pass up a talent like that. TN women have been notorious for bonehead TO’s in losses. Chloe is not going to turn it over. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 2

For the ones that say Tennessee does not need a PG....what games are you watching? They don’t have a PG. It is painfully obvious watching a much smaller South Carolina turning them over. They cant handle the ball under pressure. Maybe Kelly should have saved one of those spots for a true point guard and not just a big guard who can dribble a little bit. I would take Chloe Moore over Massengil any day! 

24 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

For the ones that say Tennessee does not need a PG....what games are you watching? They don’t have a PG. It is painfully obvious watching a much smaller South Carolina turning them over. They cant handle the ball under pressure. Maybe Kelly should have saved one of those spots for a true point guard and not just a big guard who can dribble a little bit. I would take Chloe Moore over Massengil any day! 

I’m with you. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

TN’s Coach is still under the radar. They were beyond abysmal last year and yes they have improved, but they have a ways to go win a national title. Turning down a player like Chloe Moore don’t look to be a great decision, IMO. I have seen one of her other recruits and I wasn’t impressed.