Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Which part of what I said isn’t true?  I said lots of stuff. 

It don't bother me what you say BigPurple because your not from here and picking up second hand or bias information. This is a 100% fact about Alcoa and you need to digest this very well because it was in the local newspaper. 17% of Alcoa's entire school system are tuition students but the high school as a whole is 28% tuition students. It was reported Alcoa has 684 students meaning 192 pay tuition. That's one heck of a jump my friend. I do take in consideration that the school is new and would be attractive to neighboring kids that seem to find their way there after going to the county schools through grade eight. If you are anywhere good at math as I am the lower grades 1 thru 8 would have a tuition rate of only 11.5%. That is a 16,5% jump at the high school level. Now as I said I'll give credit for a new school attracting families but for some unknown reason the male population at Alcoa has always been much higher than the female enrollment. Could it be something in the water over there or might it be the extra boys coming in from the outside to play football. I looked at the roster for last years team and the families I personally know which was 12. Out of those I know four do live in the City of Alcoa and eight live in the county. I guess the one thing that surprised me was 4 were from the William Blount Zone. I know those families well and only wish the best for their kids. I also know there are more but let's say 20 of those players are from the county and you add 20 students as a multiplier ratio to this it would register Alcoa at 1,084 kids which is enough to be in 5A. The T$$AA wasn't shy about a multiplier rule when the private schools were playing with the public schools. This all makes so much sense that we refuse to admit I'm right and keep on playing a game called "Taking candy from a baby and glorifying ourselves with rings and trophies to feel good in doing so". It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out from that article in the paper about new stands and a turf field that Blount County has had their fill with it and plan on reversing this cycle known as the McClurg Heist.  Mr. Justin Ridge looked proud as a peacock in The Daily Times pointing out to the football field at all the improvements the county is planning on doing. That was as clear a message as you could of sent saying we want our players back. If that happens it remains to be seen but that article definitely was focused around athletics and the kids leaving the county system after middle school to attend Alcoa.

24 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It don't bother me what you say BigPurple because your not from here and picking up second hand or bias information. This is a 100% fact about Alcoa and you need to digest this very well because it was in the local newspaper. 17% of Alcoa's entire school system are tuition students but the high school as a whole is 28% tuition students. It was reported Alcoa has 684 students meaning 192 pay tuition. That's one heck of a jump my friend. I do take in consideration that the school is new and would be attractive to neighboring kids that seem to find their way there after going to the county schools through grade eight. If you are anywhere good at math as I am the lower grades 1 thru 8 would have a tuition rate of only 11.5%. That is a 16,5% jump at the high school level. Now as I said I'll give credit for a new school attracting families but for some unknown reason the male population at Alcoa has always been much higher than the female enrollment. Could it be something in the water over there or might it be the extra boys coming in from the outside to play football. I looked at the roster for last years team and the families I personally know which was 12. Out of those I know four do live in the City of Alcoa and eight live in the county. I guess the one thing that surprised me was 4 were from the William Blount Zone. I know those families well and only wish the best for their kids. I also know there are more but let's say 20 of those players are from the county and you add 20 students as a multiplier ratio to this it would register Alcoa at 1,084 kids which is enough to be in 5A. The T$$AA wasn't shy about a multiplier rule when the private schools were playing with the public schools. This all makes so much sense that we refuse to admit I'm right and keep on playing a game called "Taking candy from a baby and glorifying ourselves with rings and trophies to feel good in doing so". It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out from that article in the paper about new stands and a turf field that Blount County has had their fill with it and plan on reversing this cycle known as the McClurg Heist.  Mr. Justin Ridge looked proud as a peacock in The Daily Times pointing out to the football field at all the improvements the county is planning on doing. That was as clear a message as you could of sent saying we want our players back. If that happens it remains to be seen but that article definitely was focused around athletics and the kids leaving the county system after middle school to attend Alcoa.

None of those improvements will happen. There’s no way the county is spending money on a turf field. I’d bet money that Eagleton will never field a varsity high school team. The new school will end up being the county vocational center. 

26 minutes ago, HHSFB10 said:

None of those improvements will happen. There’s no way the county is spending money on a turf field. I’d bet money that Eagleton will never field a varsity high school team. The new school will end up being the county vocational center. 

You could very well be right, always enjoy your feedback. One other thing we have thought about that hasn't been mentioned is where will everyone park. Pull up that school on google earth and tell me where a couple hundred students are going to park at. That school was designed for a junior high school where the only one driving other than the teachers may have been Jethro. Wouldn't be a true county school if you didn't have at least one Jethro.

Edited by BarneySox2007

4 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You could very well be right, always enjoy your feedback. One other thing we have thought about that hasn't been mentioned is where will everyone park. Pull up that school on google earth and tell me where a couple hundred students are going to park at. That school was designed for a junior high school where the only one driving other than the teachers may have been Jethro. Wouldn't be a true county school if you didn't have at least one Jethro.

They can probably just park them where the football field is now. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You are so funny. Telling me what I need to digest and I have “biased” information. I haven’t disputed anything you’ve said other than about the recruiters. None of the stuff you are bringing up about Alcoa’s enrollment and where the students are from even have anything to do with what I asked you. I doubt you have talked to enough recruiters to know what all of their opinion is regarding Alcoa football. That’s all all I questioned. Geez. All this other stuff you bring up shows how foolish you are whether it’s true or not.  It’s like if I said the Chiefs were soft and wouldn’t win the super bowl. And in response I started going off for an hour about climate change. It’s silly and has nothing to do with what I asked you. Digest that. Or better yet type another 10 paragraph narrative about something that I didn’t even ask about. SMDH.......

53 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The thread is about Eagleton College not a Senate Hearing if Barney really heard a recruiter say that and the names of the Recruiters. I have a lot of friends that are recruiters and would like to keep it that way.

85138307-10221036830298264-4003072260477

Now was that so hard?  You could have said that from the beginning without the paragraphs and paragraphs of non sense about stuff I didn’t even ask you about. Geez. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 11:07 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are so funny. Telling me what I need to digest and I have “biased” information. I haven’t disputed anything you’ve said other than about the recruiters. None of the stuff you are bringing up about Alcoa’s enrollment and where the students are from even have anything to do with what I asked you. I doubt you have talked to enough recruiters to know what all of their opinion is regarding Alcoa football. That’s all all I questioned. Geez. All this other stuff you bring up shows how foolish you are whether it’s true or not.  It’s like if I said the Chiefs were soft and wouldn’t win the super bowl. And in response I started going off for an hour about climate change. It’s silly and has nothing to do with what I asked you. Digest that. Or better yet type another 10 paragraph narrative about something that I didn’t even ask about. SMDH.......

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:38 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

The thread is about Eagleton College not a Senate Hearing if Barney really heard a recruiter say that and the names of the Recruiters. I have a lot of friends that are recruiters and would like to keep it that way.

85138307-10221036830298264-4003072260477

Whew... Ok. I'm glad that Blount County is looking at possibly opening up some smaller community high schools. ( Trying to fix the disaster they created 40 years ago wrecking our community schools, building two population control- indoctrination centers)

Barney, there is some value in your comments, especially the part about parents that went to Heritage and WB being very dissatisfied with their own experience and sending their children elsewhere.but you really seem to focus on Blount County's frustration over  Alcoa getting kids from other schools when Maryville also benefits greatly from kids from other schools. 

BPM- rumor is the big issue is Alcoa's 18 State championship trophies. Some folks really don't like that, they want Alcoa to have a much together road to a state title regardless of how many students they have enrolled.

Let me shed some light. This goes at least back to Alcoa Coach Bill Cochran, and probably earlier, who sent his son to Eagleton Elementary School. The Village is also on Alcoa power/water/sewer. 

Alcoa seems like a nice place to live. Do you all like living there. Do you live close to Coach Rankin?

I hope Alcoa and Eagleton become best friends and they even hang out on the weekend!

Eagleton-Alcoa-Besties.png

Edited by Red Rebels