Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

20 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I told you this the other day but you apparently are not listening. Alcoa cannot play up in 5A. They are classified 3A and tssaa rules only allow a team to play up 1 class. So the highest they could go is 4A. 

Alcoa or any other school can play up more than 1 class.  

Memphis East was slotted for 2A (enrollment 494) in 2017 but opted to play 4A football.       In 2019 during the mid classification cycle Memphis East had a 20% or greater decrease in enrollment which allowed them to drop all the way down to class 1A football.  They could have also opted to stay in 4A.  

So, yes one can play up more than just 1 class.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Alcoa or any other school can play up more than 1 class.  

Memphis East was slotted for 2A (enrollment 494) in 2017 but opted to play 4A football.       In 2019 during the mid classification cycle Memphis East had a 20% or greater decrease in enrollment which allowed them to drop all the way down to class 1A football.  They could have also opted to stay in 4A.  

So, yes one can play up more than just 1 class.

Wasn’t that based off enrollment numbers in 2016 when they took the numbers for reclassification that started the cycle in 2017?  You posted numbers for 2017. They would have to report the numbers from the previous year to give Americans or time to draw up the districts and classes.  When did this rule change??   If I am wrong I definitely own it. 

49 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Wasn’t that based off enrollment numbers in 2016 when they took the numbers for reclassification that started the cycle in 2017?  You posted numbers for 2017. They would have to report the numbers from the previous year to give Americans or time to draw up the districts and classes.  When did this rule change??   If I am wrong I definitely own it. 

Yes those are 2016 numbers that set the classifications for 2017-2020. 

Idk that the rule did change?  You might be thinking of the multiplier rule where it couldn't bump a school up more than 1 class.  Even that was interpreted to mean a school couldn't be bumped up more than 1 subclass. 1A to 2A, 2A to 3A etc etc.   Goodpasture was one that was allowed to play 2A football with a multiplier that put them squarely in 3A. 

I thought the Alcoa/Maryville game was one of the better games I watched all year.  I was finally able to take that rivalry in.   I wish the game were played on Thursday or even Saturday would be better so other folks can have the opportunity to watch this rivalry matchup. 

The game is scheduled during the big rivalry week and rightfully so.  Just wish it was on a different day than our game against Jasper. 

Honestly, it should be an ESPN game every year. 

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I thought the Alcoa/Maryville game was one of the better games I watched all year.  I was finally able to take that rivalry in.   I wish the game were played on Thursday or even Saturday would be better so other folks can have the opportunity to watch this rivalry matchup. 

The game is scheduled during the big rivalry week and rightfully so.  Just wish it was on a different day than our game against Jasper. 

Honestly, it should be an ESPN game every year. 

How could a 3A team be good enough to either beat or play a powerhouse 6A school close unless they had an advantage most teams don't have. Their using at least 20 plus tuition students from the county schools and a handful from Knoxville is why. This is a formula that Shad couldn't even screw up if he were at the driver seat at Alcoa. My only problem with this at all is enrollment is not a fair measuring stick for all teams especially with deep pockets. Alcoa in 5A with a multiplier rule of 20 students per tuition football player. If you look at most schools like Maryville that has 80 players with 1,600 students equals about 20 per every football player is the fairest way to do this. It would be the best thing for high school football period. I still think Alcoa would dominate in 5A but at least there would be some fair competition and some great games. A couple of good things would happen for Alcoa if they did this which would triple attendance and believe it or not possibly even bring in more tuition football players than what they already have. Some people on here can't see the forest for the trees that are in their way.

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

How could a 3A team be good enough to either beat or play a powerhouse 6A school close unless they had an advantage most teams don't have. Their using at least 20 plus tuition students from the county schools and a handful from Knoxville is why. This is a formula that Shad couldn't even screw up if he were at the driver seat at Alcoa. My only problem with this at all is enrollment is not a fair measuring stick for all teams especially with deep pockets. Alcoa in 5A with a multiplier rule of 20 students per tuition football player. If you look at most schools like Maryville that has 80 players with 1,600 students equals about 20 per every football player is the fairest way to do this. It would be the best thing for high school football period. I still think Alcoa would dominate in 5A but at least there would be some fair competition and some great games. A couple of good things would happen for Alcoa if they did this which would triple attendance and believe it or not possibly even bring in more tuition football players than what they already have. Some people on here can't see the forest for the trees that are in their way.

You and I may not agree on this issue and with my son graduating I wont be very involved with Alcoa but I think we are both excited about the Eagleton project moving forward. I didn't see the article,  but sounds like some good things are happening.

Edited by 32hammer
Spelling