Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

Looks like Eagleton College and Career Academy may have turf before Heritage or William Blount.  I'm also hearing that the Eagleton youth football program might get restarted.

Proposed Eagleton College and Career Academy track and field | |  thedailytimes.com

No concession stands in the plan?

No Way Randy GIF by Zack Kantor - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by MLREB

6 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Any idea when they'll start playing football and what classification  they'll be in im guessing they'll be playing  2a ball

Freshmen team in 2021, Freshmen & JV in 2022.  Varsity in 2023.  Probably 1A or 2A.

Edited by OldRebel2

I'm pretty excited about Eagleton! I've always been an advocate of small community schools.  Hoping to see one in the Lanier /Carpenters area soon. Great for the communities and great for the kids.

Glad to see the county is moving towards correcting the massive mistake it made over 40 years ago shipping kids like cattle 16 miles from their homes and communities.

If we can get a 1a and a 2a school, Blount County has an opportunity to win a state championship in 4 different classifications ( maybe in the same year. lol)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/9/2021 at 8:16 AM, 32hammer said:

I'm pretty excited about Eagleton! I've always been an advocate of small community schools.  Hoping to see one in the Lanier /Carpenters area soon. Great for the communities and great for the kids.

Glad to see the county is moving towards correcting the massive mistake it made over 40 years ago shipping kids like cattle 16 miles from their homes and communities.

If we can get a 1a and a 2a school, Blount County has an opportunity to win a state championship in 4 different classifications ( maybe in the same year. lol)

How can that happen with schools like Alcoa getting all the players and playing in 3A with a 6A roster?

33 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

How can that happen with schools like Alcoa getting all the players and playing in 3A with a 6A roster?

I think a lot of kids will choose to go to a smaller school like Eagleton. If so, they could have a good opportunity to build a team that could compete for 1A or 2A state championship in a few years. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, MLREB said:

No concession stands in the plan?

No Way Randy GIF by Zack Kantor - Find & Share on GIPHY

Got that covered my friend. La Pupita just outside the gates of the school. Great Mexican Food and large seating area in the back. Always treat my crew there when we have work nearby. These people running to a Taco Bell don't have a clue what their missing.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, Haydiboy said:

Then  they Pondered around about building a 3rd city high school and I'd be all for that could see an athens city high school being in 3a

I really believe in small community schools. Hope they do build that 3A school for Mcminn county kids. I have some great friend that graduated from Mcminn in 87 and 88

23 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Awfully  close to when my dad graduated!   My Dad's a few years older than that though. We're actually riding up to Nashville  for today and tommorow. If your cool with sharing who you're buddies were I'd love to ask if he possibly knew them

Jody crisp, Michael Bonnett , Christy Runyon, Jill Runyon.  Went to college with the first three.  Jill was a little older.

• 1 month later...