Eagleton College and Career Academy

BarneySox2007

On 2/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

It don't bother me what you say BigPurple because your not from here and picking up second hand or bias information. This is a 100% fact about Alcoa and you need to digest this very well because it was in the local newspaper. 17% of Alcoa's entire school system are tuition students but the high school as a whole is 28% tuition students. It was reported Alcoa has 684 students meaning 192 pay tuition. That's one heck of a jump my friend. I do take in consideration that the school is new and would be attractive to neighboring kids that seem to find their way there after going to the county schools through grade eight. If you are anywhere good at math as I am the lower grades 1 thru 8 would have a tuition rate of only 11.5%. That is a 16,5% jump at the high school level. Now as I said I'll give credit for a new school attracting families but for some unknown reason the male population at Alcoa has always been much higher than the female enrollment. Could it be something in the water over there or might it be the extra boys coming in from the outside to play football. I looked at the roster for last years team and the families I personally know which was 12. Out of those I know four do live in the City of Alcoa and eight live in the county. I guess the one thing that surprised me was 4 were from the William Blount Zone. I know those families well and only wish the best for their kids. I also know there are more but let's say 20 of those players are from the county and you add 20 students as a multiplier ratio to this it would register Alcoa at 1,084 kids which is enough to be in 5A. The T$$AA wasn't shy about a multiplier rule when the private schools were playing with the public schools. This all makes so much sense that we refuse to admit I'm right and keep on playing a game called "Taking candy from a baby and glorifying ourselves with rings and trophies to feel good in doing so". It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out from that article in the paper about new stands and a turf field that Blount County has had their fill with it and plan on reversing this cycle known as the McClurg Heist.  Mr. Justin Ridge looked proud as a peacock in The Daily Times pointing out to the football field at all the improvements the county is planning on doing. That was as clear a message as you could of sent saying we want our players back. If that happens it remains to be seen but that article definitely was focused around athletics and the kids leaving the county system after middle school to attend Alcoa.

What a bunch of BS!

Whine,  whine....blah, blah, blah...... Alcoa has less than 700 students and had 65 football players.  But, Ol Barney is melting down at the thought his team becomes the next baby seal!:lol:

8 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Whew... Ok. I'm glad that Blount County is looking at possibly opening up some smaller community high schools. ( Trying to fix the disaster they created 40 years ago wrecking our community schools, building two population control- indoctrination centers)

Barney, there is some value in your comments, especially the part about parents that went to Heritage and WB being very dissatisfied with their own experience and sending their children elsewhere.but you really seem to focus on Blount County's frustration over  Alcoa getting kids from other schools when Maryville also benefits greatly from kids from other schools. 

BPM- rumor is the big issue is Alcoa's 18 State championship trophies. Some folks really don't like that, they want Alcoa to have a much together road to a state title regardless of how many students they have enrolled.

Have no problem with Alcoa having 18 championship trophies at all. I was very glad to see the schedule ramped up some last year playing two 6A teams other than Maryville. I'm not downing Alcoa period. They are a great football program and they can win in 5A but everyone wants to stay where it's safe especially Rankin. I love high school football but watching Alcoa play a team like Northview, G-P, Kingston, P-G and Scott County is a total joke. Those schools all put together couldn't give Alcoa a decent football game. That's why the stadium is empty during those games on those teams side of the field. Alcoa has evolved into a power house due to great coaching, great school academically, great fan support and the ability to draw kids from neighboring schools such as Heritage and William Blount because those parents want better for their kids then the county wants to offer and I can't blame them. When you have a tremendous amount of kids on the football team paying tuition then it's really not fair to those schools such as the five I mentioned. I wouldn't pay a nickel to see any of those game and apparently neither are those teams fans either. What Alcoa is doing is ruining high school football by not playing up because of the over abundance of tuition students. I personally think they would have won the last two years had they been in 5A and you all know it also. I know if Alcoa was playing Oak Ridge or Powell and Maryville was playing Heritage or William Blount which game I would be going to as a big fan of high school football.

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

What a bunch of BS!

Whine,  whine....blah, blah, blah...... Alcoa has less than 700 students and had 65 football players.  But, Ol Barney is melting down at the thought his team becomes the next baby seal!:lol:

You were like this last year until Maryville beat you on your own field on TV for everyone to see and you all the sudden went into hiding mode and not a one of us gave you any grief over it.  I'm not going to worry about next fall until it gets here.  I know Alcoa will have a great team in 2020 and could possibly be the best team in the state. I guess if anything less then I'll be very disappointed.

40 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Have no problem with Alcoa having 18 championship trophies at all. I was very glad to see the schedule ramped up some last year playing two 6A teams other than Maryville. I'm not downing Alcoa period. They are a great football program and they can win in 5A but everyone wants to stay where it's safe especially Rankin. I love high school football but watching Alcoa play a team like Northview, G-P, Kingston, P-G and Scott County is a total joke. Those schools all put together couldn't give Alcoa a decent football game. That's why the stadium is empty during those games on those teams side of the field. Alcoa has evolved into a power house due to great coaching, great school academically, great fan support and the ability to draw kids from neighboring schools such as Heritage and William Blount because those parents want better for their kids then the county wants to offer and I can't blame them. When you have a tremendous amount of kids on the football team paying tuition then it's really not fair to those schools such as the five I mentioned. I wouldn't pay a nickel to see any of those game and apparently neither are those teams fans either. What Alcoa is doing is ruining high school football by not playing up because of the over abundance of tuition students. I personally think they would have won the last two years had they been in 5A and you all know it also. I know if Alcoa was playing Oak Ridge or Powell and Maryville was playing Heritage or William Blount which game I would be going to as a big fan of high school football.

I told you this the other day but you apparently are not listening. Alcoa cannot play up in 5A. They are classified 3A and tssaa rules only allow a team to play up 1 class. So the highest they could go is 4A. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I told you this the other day but you apparently are not listening. Alcoa cannot play up in 5A. They are classified 3A and tssaa rules only allow a team to play up 1 class. So the highest they could go is 4A. 

I know that Mr. Know-it-All, just stating what it should be. My statements are issues the T$$AA need to take in consideration before they run the game of high school football out of business due to the lack of fan interest because of letting a team run rough shot over a group of rural area type teams. I get floods of messages from fans of those schools on here supporting this argument that are just sick of it. The way it is now Alcoa in those other teams minds are like the bully everyone went to school with that failed three times and was driving to school in the eighth grade. That's something to really be proud of isn't it. Enrollment does not work in all situations, especially in this one.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know that Mr. Know-it-All, just stating what it should be. My statements are issues the T$$AA need to take in consideration before they run the game of high school football out of business due to the lack of fan interest because of letting a team run rough shot over a group of rural area type teams. I get floods of messages from fans of those schools on here supporting this argument that are just sick of it. The way it is now Alcoa in those other teams minds are like the bully everyone went to school with that failed three times and was driving to school in the eighth grade. That's something to really be proud of isn't it. Enrollment does not work in all situations, especially in this one.

And name calling is something to be proud of too. Way to go tough guy. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You were like this last year until Maryville beat you on your own field on TV for everyone to see and you all the sudden went into hiding mode and not a one of us gave you any grief over it.  I'm not going to worry about next fall until it gets here.  I know Alcoa will have a great team in 2020 and could possibly be the best team in the state. I guess if anything less then I'll be very disappointed.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I will add that was a great effort by the Maryville players and a great job coaching by the Maryville staff.  I went on the field after the game and congratulated some of my Maryville kids, some of my Maryville friends and two Maryville coaches that were also friends of mine. Tough loss for  Alcoa, but my friends  were all very gracious in victory.

There were two  guys ( not friends of mine)  that were out of line but that happens in every crowd and it all gets settled in the end for folks like that.

They are a great football program and they can win in 5A but everyone wants to stay where it's safe especially Rankin. I love high school football but watching Alcoa play a team like Northview, G-P, Kingston, P-G and Scott County is a total joke.

I hope we just appreciate what we are getting to enjoy, because nothing great lasts forever.

That's why the stadium is empty during those games on those teams side of the field.

If other parents and schools don't want to support their kids, that's their own fault.

Alcoa and Maryville have  evolved into a power house due to great coaching, great school academically, great fan support and the ability to draw kids from neighboring schools such as Heritage and William Blount because those parents want better for their kids then the county wants to offer and I can't blame them.

When you have a tremendous amount of kids on the football team paying tuition then it's really not fair to those schools such as the five I mentioned. I wouldn't pay a nickel to see any of those game and apparently neither are those teams fans either. What Alcoa is doing is ruining high school football by not playing up because of the over abundance of tuition students.

Most tuition students in Alcoa do not play football.  Most schools in Tennessee are open enrollment and many of those DO NOT require a student to pay tuition. For example Upperman ( any kid in Putnam county can go there ) as well as East Nashville and Pearl Cohn. non of these schools have won a state championship in football 3A in the last 20 years despite the advantage of open enrollment ( and if I'm not mistaken , no tuition required for OOZ students)