Whitwell playing North Jackson - could this be the return

CougarDadx2

3 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

of the valley rivalries? Jasper vs. NJ was a pretty good series, and back in the day of the old SVC, the stadiums were packed on Friday nights from Bledsoe to Stevenson. I think even some of the mountain teams played SP, Jasper and Whitwell? And let's not forget Grundy.

North Jackson never was in the Sequatchie Valley Conference.  The SVC was nearly folded by the time Bridgeport and Stevenson merged to become North Jackwagon.  N.J. dropped the game with Jasper because shockingly, Jasper whipped them the few times they met.  Which Mountain teams are you talking about?  Only Grundy was in the SVC.  North Sand Mtn never was.  SMA played SVC schools in basketball and once in a while in football before they got swallowed by St. Andrews.

I realize NJ was never SVC, but was thinking back to Bridgeport, Stevenson. I also know the AL mountain teams were never in the SVC

Seems like SP or Jasper may have played Pisgah or Section in the late 80's maybe? Help my memory the SVC was (north to south):

Bledsoe County

Whitwell

Jasper

South Pittsburg

Grundy

Bridgeport

Stevenson

Yes, it looks like NJ and Whitwell have a one year deal.

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I realize NJ was never SVC, but was thinking back to Bridgeport, Stevenson. I also know the AL mountain teams were never in the SVC

Seems like SP or Jasper may have played Pisgah or Section in the late 80's maybe? Help my memory the SVC was (north to south):

Bledsoe County

Whitwell

Jasper

South Pittsburg

Grundy

Bridgeport

Stevenson

Yes, it looks like NJ and Whitwell have a one year deal.

That's the SVC.  SP played North Sand Mtn a couple of times in 86 and 87.  Later they played Section and maybe Sky Line but can't remember for sure. The only other AL team I can recall SP playing in football is Courtland.