Preseason Top Ten in 1A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

53 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Freedom Prep is one that I wonder about from the west.  They were tough last year until they were hit hard by the TSSAA.  

I've agreed with Team69 about this since the end of last season, Clay County will make some noise this year and probably the next 2 years.  

Freedom Prep has no doubt been impressive record wise the last few years. But every time they met up with a physical and well disciplined football team they got steam rolled. Every time they played Lake Co the years before last they got manhandled with the physical running game. Would have happened last year to if they hadn’t of had the forfeits. Will be tough for them to beat the Huntingdung’s and South Pitts in 1A. 

57 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Freedom Prep is one that I wonder about from the west.  They were tough last year until they were hit hard by the TSSAA.  

I've agreed with Team69 about this since the end of last season, Clay County will make some noise this year and probably the next 2 years.  

Two out of the top four teams in the 1A West were bounced out of the playoffs by TSSAA. If Fayetteville has the same kids that they did in middle school they will be as good or better as last season for the next 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Freedom Prep has no doubt been impressive record wise the last few years. But every time they met up with a physical and well disciplined football team they got steam rolled. Every time they played Lake Co the years before last they got manhandled with the physical running game. Would have happened last year to if they hadn’t of had the forfeits. Will be tough for them to beat the Huntingdung’s and South Pitts in 1A. 

Yea Freedom prep did get steamed rolled by Lake county, but don't forget they only been established for 3 years. Not like others football programs. It will be alil tough for them to beat SP or Huntingdon but it's possible

Everyone else seems to be taking a big step back in the West and East except So Pitt. They lost in semis with a WR playing QB by 1 point and have a ton of experience coming back. If GB doesn’t land some big time kids moving in and So Pitt gets adequate line play I will take them to bring home Gold in 2020. They seem like the obvious choice to me. I’m just keeping it real

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Two out of the top four teams in the 1A West were bounced out of the playoffs by TSSAA. If Fayetteville has the same kids that they did in middle school they will be as good or better as last season for the next 3 years. 

Flakeyville didn't get bounced out for playing the kids they did in middle school.  Same thing for Freedom Pop.

28 minutes ago, rlh said:

Flakeyville didn't get bounced out for playing the kids they did in middle school.  Same thing for Freedom Pop.

Fayetteville was 10-0 and then had to forfeit 6 games because of a kid that moved in and not handling it correctly per TSSAA. He is gone and I think they were better when they had their region MVP at QB anyway. Doesn’t matter now. I think what Salem is referencing is the kids in the sophomore class didn’t lose a middle school game for 3 years. They lost a couple of kids from that group to Lincoln Co but no one that was a game changer. Not sure what they will look like this year. They have the talent to make some noise in the West if they can figure out how to put it together. 

45 minutes ago, rlh said:

They in fact did go 10-0 with the kids from middle school . They would've been 10-0 with or without the one kid last season. There was an entire thread on why they got bounced last year detailing how small a factor he was in their success. 

Forrest played Marshall County and Fayetteville in middle school three years ago. Fayetteville was by far the more talented team and Marshall County is a solid 4A program. 

3 hours ago, Salem said:

They in fact did go 10-0 with the kids from middle school . They would've been 10-0 with or without the one kid last season. There was an entire thread on why they got bounced last year detailing how small a factor he was in their success. 

Forrest played Marshall County and Fayetteville in middle school three years ago. Fayetteville was by far the more talented team and Marshall County is a solid 4A program. 

That's not the point.  They got bounced because of mistakes by the coach and administration.  I am well aware of the thread and the drama following the TSSAA ruling etc. 

4 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Fayetteville was 10-0 and then had to forfeit 6 games because of a kid that moved in and not handling it correctly per TSSAA. He is gone and I think they were better when they had their region MVP at QB anyway. Doesn’t matter now. I think what Salem is referencing is the kids in the sophomore class didn’t lose a middle school game for 3 years. They lost a couple of kids from that group to Lincoln Co but no one that was a game changer. Not sure what they will look like this year. They have the talent to make some noise in the West if they can figure out how to put it together. 

Yet they didn't make the playoffs and that is on the coach and administration.

7 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Freedom prep might be the not talented team out west but Memphis is a mess right now. I'm hearing they might not even go to school

18 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You can disagree. It’s all good but he did say it. Said it several years ago at the end of the season and then would change his pick at the start of the next season when he saw how other teams were gonna shape up. 

Bass definitely said it then several other posters piggybacked off that statement

• Upvote 1