Preseason Top Ten in 1A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Yet they didn't make the playoffs and that is on the coach and administration.

We could discuss the details and argue about who gets the most blame but at the end of the day the TSSAA decided Fayetteville was wrong and that resulted in 6 forfeits. That’s over now. 

Looking forward, they still have talent. Not sure if that will translate into big wins though. I think that region is pretty even. No cupcakes. 

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Freedom prep might be the not talented team out west but Memphis is a mess right now. I'm hearing they might not even go to school

I know one thing in Memphis that they have informed schools regarding to games that'll effect schools. That is confirmed. I'm not going to release that info because of panic. Personally, I don't see how we can return by Aug 21. I just don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to tell how things will pan out with everything going on these days. I still feel like Huntingdon will be tough. This years seniors and Jr’s have played a ton for ball the last few years because starters were out early in most games. 
Huntingdon should continue to be ranked high if the talent shows up that has come through the middle school ranks and youth squads. The middle school has only lost 2 or 3 games total in the last 6 or 7 years. This season’s freshman were the most size I’ve seen come through in quite a while. Plus there is a new crop of well known Huntingdon last names getting ready to roll through. 
Some of the schools in rural west TN that I think will be improved over the next few seasons (not necessarily 1a)

Milan(new coaching staff, new facilities)

Mckenzie(their sophomore class is loaded with athletes. One got offers To Memphis as a freshman)

Parsons Riverside(I don’t know where they find these big ole boys in youth and middle school) 

Martin Westview.

Edited by Waker
  • Upvote 1

On 6/24/2020 at 9:57 PM, Richmond30 said:

We could discuss the details and argue about who gets the most blame but at the end of the day the TSSAA decided Fayetteville was wrong and that resulted in 6 forfeits. That’s over now. 

Looking forward, they still have talent. Not sure if that will translate into big wins though. I think that region is pretty even. No cupcakes. 

They still cry about them getting games forfeited like they had a chance against Lake county or Huntington anyway.. LC would’ve beat em so bad they’d wished they had to forfeit games 

20 hours ago, Outsider1998 said:

They still cry about them getting games forfeited like they had a chance against Lake county or Huntington anyway.. LC would’ve beat em so bad they’d wished they had to forfeit games 

Who is crying about it? I understand we had to take our medicine. I am over it. They did have the talent to go 10-0 on the field. Having watched 9 of those games, I think they were better with the region mvp at qb than the kid they got popped for. None of that matters now and we will never know how they would have matched up.

i think we might get a chance to see how they will match up against the top teams over the next few years. Time will tell.

how good is lake co going to be with Puckett gone?

On 7/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, Richmond30 said:

Who is crying about it? I understand we had to take our medicine. I am over it. They did have the talent to go 10-0 on the field. Having watched 9 of those games, I think they were better with the region mvp at qb than the kid they got popped for. None of that matters now and we will never know how they would have matched up.

i think we might get a chance to see how they will match up against the top teams over the next few years. Time will tell.

how good is lake co going to be with Puckett gone?

Still be a contender. Still a lot of talent in LC. Losing Cayden Puckett hurt a lot but expect LC to be in the 4th round again barring no set backs. New coach is first time head coach but he’s highly motivated and I think he’ll be a good fit. Got a Sophomore running back that is legit. Will be a monster the next 3 years