Preseason Top Ten in 1A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

Alright fellas, I seriously like to see some "Top Ten" lists from you guys.   

I'm planning to do a our "Spring Preview Show" sometime in the next couple of weeks and I do respect the opinion of many of your guys.    We plan to reveal our spring top ten on this show and your input would be appreciated.   Obviously, I try and keep up with returning players and other indicators, but first hand knowledge from you guys goes a long way in our decision process.    Help us out by providing your top ten and reasoning behind it.

Thanks so much guys!

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, powerp said:

I would have Clay County in that honorable mention group as well.

Ya, like I said, there were a good 12 teams we could of put in that category.   Being brutally honest, all those teams are hoping for a second round game.   It would be a huge surprise in the State Champ came outside that top five as it is almost every year.

I think some of you just looked at our Top Ten on our website but didn't watch our "reveal" show for our Top Ten.   In most cases, we tried to explain how we arrived at out selections.   Absolutely positive we screwed up on a few picks in every class.   It happens every year!  Our main reason for putting one out so early this year is because we felt the high school football fan needed a brief refrain from all this "Corona Virus" stuff.  

Hopefully whether you agree with our picks or not, you do see that we are trying to make the best of a bad situation.   I absolutely hate this for all the the 2020 seniors.   What a crappy hand they were dealt.  Luckily for the Football seniors, they were able to complete their sport and most of the basketball was concluded except for obviously the Championship (real bummer!)   The spring sports... I feel the worse for you guys.    Just remember, sometimes life isn't fair, but the sun will come up tomorrow and 30 years from now, this will not have a major impact on your life.

If anyone did disagree with our picks, at least take the time to watch our show and perhaps we did answer a few questions about how we came up with our pics.   As always, appreciate you guys tuning in to our show and we can't wait to get things started back up this fall:

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 12:16 PM, rtl112 said:

It will be another year or two for us before we will play any significant role.  We lost four starting lineman and the McKinney kid.  If we can put a decent line together then maybe we will be able to give the Cherokees something to talk about.  Our junior varsity faired well against all their opponents last year but I don't see us in the mix till the season after next.  I believe you guys are the clear favorite next year.  I really don't think anybody in the east will have anything for you all from what I've been reading on here.  But you never know with transfers now a days.  

GB has a really good freshman class this year. With several of our line returning and a few skill guys coming back. Time will tell how we will be this year. Hopefully good lol. 

29 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

GB has a really good freshman class this year. With several of our line returning and a few skill guys coming back. Time will tell how we will be this year. Hopefully good lol. 

Let you know after game 2.:ph34r: 

Hopefully after game 2 you can tell me how good we were.:roflol:

Edited by Imthayeti

10 minutes ago, powerp said:

I'm riding with my Pirates all the way this year. Skill guys are going to be stupid good and line will be better than most think. Just ready for sports to be back.

It would surprise me if it wasnt Pirates and Cherokees in the semis again.

Unless another Whitwell type team shows up. Who else from the East may pose a threat to either of ya? 

Edited by Imthayeti

13 minutes ago, powerp said:

I'm riding with my Pirates all the way this year. Skill guys are going to be stupid good and line will be better than most think. Just ready for sports to be back.

I don’t blame you for taking the pirates lol. Should be a hand full but call me crazy.  I will stick with my Kees. 
the new additions SP got should help out a bunch  Good looking players.