Preseason Top Ten in 2A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, TigerNation said:

Loaded might be a bit of a stretch, but we should be good enough to be very competitive after losing 20+ seniors and the unofficial leader in passing, rushing, and possibly scoring in our school history. Our defense will have to find a secondary. A lot of young, untested players on the roster that will have to step up.

Will Logan Carrol play in the secondary on defense? Considering what the what the underclassmen have achieved the last few years and what freshman we have coming up and having seen their ability I think we wont have a problem besides line play again. I hope that's the case anyway. I still hope Will Meadows brother decides to play.

Edited by Imthayeti

2 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

lol every school gets them don't get excited was not a knock lol

Not excited lol, I'll take any players we get we dont exactly have a pipeline going but have benefitted over the years from transfers and suffered from kids going out as well. It goes both ways. The whole transfer thing never bothered me as families are gonna come and go. You will either benefit sometimes or suffer the loss of a good player. It happens.

5 hours ago, Tide21 said:

What’s wrong with the coach you have ?  I’ve always thought he was good. 

McKenzie has always had good athletes, not a good coach. We went from a program that regularly competed for region/ district titles to a team that barley or doesn't make the playoffs. He treats the players like crap which forces most of them to quit. Comer never has anything positive to say and is always negative. Back in the mid 2010s we had prolly 60 to 70 kids on the team and now we have 40 to 45. People in the community and in the school system are fed up with how much the program underachieves.  

3 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

McKenzie has always had good athletes, not a good coach. We went from a program that regularly competed for region/ district titles to a team that barley or doesn't make the playoffs. He treats the players like crap which forces most of them to quit. Comer never has anything positive to say and is always negative. Back in the mid 2010s we had prolly 60 to 70 kids on the team and now we have 40 to 45. People in the community and in the school system are fed up with how much the program underachieves.  

Weren’t you guys in 1a back then ?  Wasn’t comer the coach then ? 

22 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Will Logan Carrol play in the secondary on defense? Considering what the what the underclassmen have achieved the last few years and what freshman we have coming up and having seen their ability I think we wont have a problem besides line play again. I hope that's the case anyway. I still hope Will Meadows brother decides to play.

Might have to play some. Hopefully his back will not bother him as much in 2020. He will be the quarterback either way. 

31 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Might have to play some. Hopefully his back will not bother him as much in 2020. He will be the quarterback either way. 

Yeah I had thought he would be the Qb, and like you I hope his back is good this year. Hes a great athlete all the way around. Look forward to seeing what hes capable of at the helm. I hope Will Meadows has another year like he did last year. Was great to see how much he improved from the start to the end of the season. Look forward to seeing what leaders emerge this season.

Edited by Imthayeti