Preseason Top Ten in 2A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

Yikes, waverly as a top 5 is a stretch.  We have lost a lot.  Not sure Houston County should be there.  They just don’t play anyone to get much love,  Riverside should be higher.i though Forrest list everything this year.  Thanks for taking the time but I think some stuff is off. 

With this layoff Peabody definitely benefits, our JV teams backs destroyed their competition  and we ran at will for 300 plus yards on high quality teams like USJ. The line is almost completely intact,lost very few starters from there,Jones Vaughn and several other backs will be seniors and those 2 could start anywhere up to 3 A plain and simple ! Coaching , run game,line dominance,ask Meigs coach ,I believe he said best line he had ever seen,if I remember correctly ! Coaches son at  QB defensive genius on the sideline,head coach that could get the best from anyone ,let's see ,I say it now 3 peat plain n simple !! These remarks do not represent our kids coaches or Tide Nation these are the opinions of Peabody Pride " but he ain't never wrong" 

Roll Tide 

3 peat

Nuff  Said

Edited by PeabodyPride

On 4/16/2020 at 1:08 AM, MannBlue said:

Yikes, waverly as a top 5 is a stretch.  We have lost a lot.  Not sure Houston County should be there.  They just don’t play anyone to get much love,  Riverside should be higher.i though Forrest list everything this year.  Thanks for taking the time but I think some stuff is off. 

Not a stretch simply because 2 A will be very down except for a few imo. Look at the size of senior groups like Peabody,Meigs and Foorrest, hard to compensate for that in small ball.

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

With this layoff Peabody definitely benefits, our JV teams backs destroyed their competition  and we ran at will for 300 plus yards on high quality teams like USJ. The line is almost completely intact,lost very few starters from there,Jones Vaughn and several other backs will be seniors and those 2 could start anywhere up to 3 A plain and simple ! Coaching , run game,line dominance,ask Meigs coach ,I believe he said best line he had ever seen,if I remember correctly ! Coaches son at  QB defensive genius on the sideline,head coach that could get the best from anyone ,let's see ,I say it now 3 peat plain n simple !! These remarks do not represent our kids coaches or Tide Nation these are the opinions of Peabody Pride " but he ain't never wrong" 

Roll Tide 

3 peat

Nuff  Said

Not having spring will hurt us, lots of young guys needing to fill some big shoes especially at QB. Defense will be big next year, we will have a big defensive line and O line

16 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Not having spring will hurt us, lots of young guys needing to fill some big shoes especially at QB. Defense will be big next year, we will have a big defensive line and O line

Yep with very fast big elusive running  backs ,Vaughn  is fast and shifty,jones is a 220 pound bo e breaker and gannaway is lighting in a bottle, I think the line will go about 265 but very fast ! Lots of starting beast last year that was 10 th graders..

Edited by PeabodyPride

Riverside had 5 Allstate players 4 of which graduated not including the kid who played quarterback in the playoffs who really helped turned the season around so I would expect a dip in play this year with that being said I’ve heard they’ve gotten a transfer from Huntingdon who should help replace an all state running back and Allstate safety 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yep with very fast big elusive running  backs ,Vaughn  is fast and shifty,jones is a 220 pound bo e breaker and gannaway is lighting in a bottle, I think the line will go about 265 but very fast ! Lots of starting beast last year that was 10 th graders..

Indeed. I could see us maybe going under center some next year