Preseason Top Ten in 2A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

7 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Top 10 is top ten..  It has been since they started rankings and since I believe there are more than 100 teams in 2A ( I may be wrong) means that we are indeed in the top 10%. (Standard math)   

Now if your trying to say the classes are weaker  since they’ve increased the number of  said classes since 93. I would have to concur, but make no bones about it 10 % of 100 is 10. ( that hasn’t changed)

There aren't 100 teams in 2a.  There was close to that in AA through 1992.  There are currently about 40 teams in 2a. 

Edit:  This is close to the current 2a without updates during the off cycle TSSAA adjustments.

Fairley High School

2A

Trousdale Co. High School

2A

Peabody High School

2A

Cosby High School

2A

Oneida High School

2A

Wartburg Central High School

2A

East Robertson High School

2A

Houston Co. High School

2A

Hampton High School

2A

McKenzie High School

2A

Clarksville Academy

2A

Rockwood High School

2A

Eagleville High School

2A

Halls High School

2A

Memphis Academy of Health Sciences

2A

Jackson Co. High School

2A

Trinity Christian Academy

2A

Summertown High School

2A

Tellico Plains High School

2A

Union City High School

2A

Manassas High School

2A

Gibson Co. High School

2A

Frederick Douglass High School

2A

Columbia Academy

2A

Sullivan North High School

2A

Cascade High School

2A

Loretto High School

2A

Scotts Hill High School

2A

Hickman Co. High School

2A

Lewis Co. High School

2A

Mitchell High School

2A

Community High School

2A

South Greene High School

2A

Meigs Co. High School

2A

Marion Co. High School

2A

Westmoreland High School

2A

Decatur Co. Riverside High School

2A

Tyner Academy

2A

East Hickman High School

2A

Bledsoe Co. High School

2A

Watertown High School

2A

Hamilton High School

2A

Happy Valley High School

2A

Forrest High School

2A

Polk Co. High School

2A

Cumberland Gap High School

2A

Adamsville High School

2A

Waverly Central High School

2A

Edited by rlh

On 1/27/2020 at 4:44 PM, Imthayeti said:

He said in a previous post they would take a large step back I believe. More like the 17 and 18 season. Course who knows.

6-4 7-3 makes sense - just enjoy the games and atmosphere. kind of like we do with basketball. we seldom get blown out. we are almost always competitive. sometimes we steal a win. that kind of thing.  

btw. the Riverside fiasco fallout has spilled over to the basketball games. Forrest seems to never get a break, but this season when there can be a charge/block situation, a foul vs jump ball, aggressive defense vs a reach in foul, etc, the refs have gone against Forrest.  i have no doubt Forrest is on the TSSAA's most hated list. any refs we get are worse than ever. and it was never good. Forrest will eventually have to drop it's name and become Chapel Hill High School or Hill High or something. The Confederate General's name, rightly or not, just has too much negativity associated with it.   

I think Peabody will be number 1 in polls going into week one simply because of the last 2 years however, after week one and they destroy a Milan team thay will be senior talent loaded on their hone field with a guy thats "Football Jesus" at the wheel "haha". They will have earned the 1 spot ! With the backs peabody will start next year as well as a line that really loses so little they will domi ate in the run game and will be in the top 10 mix till the end of the season imho . My 2 A preseason top 5 are as follows

1. Peabody

2. Watertown

3. Trousdale

4. Meigs 

5. Everyone else at this point

59 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

really steppin out on a limb. 

i expect TC to be good Watertown to be almost as good and Meigs to fall a little. Adamsville is due to improve as is Lewis. Fairley. Maybe Hampton out east. 

Adamsville will be much improved.Fairleys recruited class has graduated all 20 somethimg of them and might field 20 players " mostly underclass" a 5 win season would be a accomplishment,I dont know enough about Hampton and figure you do so I will take your word on them. Who do you think has the capability to shock 2 a next year ?

Edited by PeabodyPride

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Adamsville will be much improved.Fairleys recruited class has graduated all 20 somethimg of them and might field 20 players " mostly underclass" a 5 win season would be a accomplishment,I dont know enough about Hampton and figure you do so I will take your word on them. Who do you think has the capability to shock 2 a next year ?

I think McKenzie will be in the mix in your region and I would be shocked if Coach Bowling's team isn't much better this year.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:43 AM, GeneralForrest said:

6-4 7-3 makes sense - just enjoy the games and atmosphere. kind of like we do with basketball. we seldom get blown out. we are almost always competitive. sometimes we steal a win. that kind of thing.  

btw. the Riverside fiasco fallout has spilled over to the basketball games. Forrest seems to never get a break, but this season when there can be a charge/block situation, a foul vs jump ball, aggressive defense vs a reach in foul, etc, the refs have gone against Forrest.  i have no doubt Forrest is on the TSSAA's most hated list. any refs we get are worse than ever. and it was never good. Forrest will eventually have to drop it's name and become Chapel Hill High School or Hill High or something. The Confederate General's name, rightly or not, just has too much negativity associated with it.   

CURSES THE LIBERAL MEDIA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

really steppin out on a limb. 

i expect TC to be good Watertown to be almost as good and Meigs to fall a little. Adamsville is due to improve as is Lewis. Fairley. Maybe Hampton out east. 

I do believe Meigs may fall some considering what talent we will graduate. Supposed to have done the same thing in 17 though as well, and ended up having a much better than anticipated season. Hopefully we will have some kids step up to their new roles and overachieve. The 5-10 spot at worse is what I predict for us this season. All in all not terrible.

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I think Peabody will be number 1 in polls going into week one simply because of the last 2 years however, after week one and they destroy a Milan team thay will be senior talent loaded on their hone field with a guy thats "Football Jesus" at the wheel "haha". They will have earned the 1 spot ! With the backs peabody will start next year as well as a line that really loses so little they will domi ate in the run game and will be in the top 10 mix till the end of the season imho . My 2 A preseason top 5 are as follows

1. Peabody

2. Watertown

3. Trousdale

4. Meigs 

5. Everyone else at this point

You feeling frisky today ain’t ya. Lol!!!

In 203 days 24-0 becomes 24-1. Book it. And by the way.... football Jesus says hi. :)