Preseason Top Ten in 3A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

Alcoa has the most loaded senior class in a long time. returning 9 starts on defense and all the skill positions on offense. They will need to replace 6 senior offensive linemen, three of which made various all state teams. 

PC was loaded with talented Jrs and Soph last year

Covington will be tough, South Gibson took a big step last year. Gatl-Pitt took a big step and with AE's loss of Ligon and Foster, Highlanders may finally get that #2 spot in the region. Loudon is well coached, with a smart QB and should win their region, the loss of Jackson will hurt.

East nash will have athletes to cause folks problems. Milan looking for a new coach but still should compete for a top 10 spot. Upperman is probably the favorite to win their region

Alcoa

PC

Covington

South Gibson

G-P

A-E

Loudon

East Nash

Upperman

Milan

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa has the most loaded senior class in a long time. returning 9 starts on defense and all the skill positions on offense. They will need to replace 6 senior offensive linemen, three of which made various all state teams. 

Covington will be tough, South Gibson took a big step last year. Gatl-Pitt took a big step and with AE's loss of Ligon and Foster, Highlanders may finally get that #2 spot in the region. Loudon is well coached, with a smart QB and should win their region, the loss of Jackson will hurt.

East nash will have athletes to cause folks problems. Milan looking for a new coach but still should compete for a top 10 spot. Upperman is probably the favorite to win their region

Alcoa

PC

Covington

South Gibson

G-P

A-E

Loudon

East Nash

Upperman

Milan

I agree with you on the teams. Just maybe not on the order unless you listed them in no particular order. Covington and South Gibson both lost ALOT of firepower off of last years teams. With Covington’s coaching staff they will be good but may take a step back. I definitely think Alcoa should be 1 and Pearl should be 2. Milan hired a coach and a good one at that some time ago. His strengths are in all the areas we were lacking. And keep in mind we beat Covington last year. 

37 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with you on the teams. Just maybe not on the order unless you listed them in no particular order. Covington and South Gibson both lost ALOT of firepower off of last years teams. With Covington’s coaching staff they will be good but may take a step back. I definitely think Alcoa should be 1 and Pearl should be 2. Milan hired a coach and a good one at that some time ago. His strengths are in all the areas we were lacking. And keep in mind we beat Covington last year. 

Keep in mind that was last year!! Lol Covington returns all players but one on offense but defense is a different story! We’ll have to out score folks I’m pretty sure.

32 minutes ago, bglass said:

Keep in mind that was last year!! Lol Covington returns all players but one on offense but defense is a different story! We’ll have to out score folks I’m pretty sure.

No one in Milan is scared of that offense. The defense was the strong suit for y’all last year. Your losses there help us. But you and I both know it will be a war regardless. Probably happen twice. 

6 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa

PC

Covington

South Gibson

G-P

A-E

Loudon

East Nash

Upperman

Milan

Pretty accurate list IMO

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I put them in "train of thought" order.  Could easily have switched a few. With the brand of high quality football that the teams in Milan's region play, not only could their be some shifts in the order those three teams listed with finish, but I could see any one of the three knocking off a more talented PC team in the playoffs.  Covt. almost did it last year.

I don't get a chance to follow the west Tn teams as much as I would like, but based on the results last few years and what little film I 've seen, I ranked them as best I could.

But you know me BPM, I'm always hoping for Milan to do well and would love to see them in Cookeville.

On 1/30/2020 at 2:23 PM, 32hammer said:

Alcoa

PC

Covington

South Gibson

G-P

A-E

Loudon

East Nash

Upperman

Milan

Agree for the most part. My eyes Covington will always be top 3-4 because of what they run no matter who they lose. East Nashville lost a HUGE senior class I mean probably 16 out of 22 starters plus the backup QB and a few underclassmen.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:59 AM, FBfan26 said:

Agree for the most part. My eyes Covington will always be top 3-4 because of what they run no matter who they lose. East Nashville lost a HUGE senior class I mean probably 16 out of 22 starters plus the backup QB and a few underclassmen.

Good info. I didn't realize East lost so much. How are you guys looking this year? How is the QB doing? Hopefully he is fully recovered.