13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Alcoa

2.  Pearl Cohn

3. Covington

4.  Milan

5.  Loudon 

6. Gatlinburg Pittman

7. AE

8. Wooddale (if the Jones brothers are back)

9. South Gibson

10. East Nashville 

Alcoa as always 1 and a big gap before everyone else. I think Pearl brings back the house and should be 2 but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Covington or Milan beat them and it wouldn’t be an upset. They will all be very could. You can book it now it will be Pearl vs a region 7 team in the semis. Milan’s talent is legit just was lacking in the coaching department and we just got that upgrade. Remember we beat Covington last year and they took PC to the limit. On the east side AE graduated a lot and many people think GP has closed the gap on them in that region. Don’t be surprised to see them playing Alcoa in the qtrs. The coach in Loudon just flat gets it done with those kids. His track at Loudon is impressive. And what he did last year after where that team was just a couple of years ago was amazing. I think you see Alcoa vs Loudon in the semis again. Just my two cents. But I wouldn’t be surprise to see Upperman, Fairview, Red Bank, Stratford, Giles Co or McNairy end up being top 10 teams. 

Great post BPM!  We see 3A through the same lens.  I was at your field last week.  Still a ton of work to do there.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

39 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Great post BPM!  We see 3A through the same lens.  I was at your field last week.  Still a ton of work to do there.

Yeah there is a lot left to do. But will be impressive when done. I am thankful that they are still able to work during this time. You should get over and see a game this fall if able. Forgot to mention Camden. They were not a top 10 team last year but were better and making strides. With the addition of McConnell they may upset a region 5 team and be a dark horse to win region 6. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 4/10/2020 at 8:24 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

We've got our 2020 Preseason Top Ten posted now:

FME Preseason Top Ten

I like the list but Loudon lost allot of players in this graduating class. They will compete but i dont think It will be close to last Yrs team. 
AE was carried by their QB last season and now he is gone. They will be ok but i think they end up losing to Kingston or GP This yr

what is your thinking behind it FME

10 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

I like the list but Loudon lost allot of players in this graduating class. They will compete but i dont think It will be close to last Yrs team. 
AE was carried by their QB last season and now he is gone. They will be ok but i think they end up losing to Kingston or GP This yr

what is your thinking behind it FME

It's like we told Coach Rankin, region 2 will be one of the toughest this year.   I'm a huge Derek Rang fan and I could definitely see GP taking that second spot.   You guys are in the area, so you'd know that region much better than me.   Coach Rankin did say Kingston would be much better this year.

• Like 1

It does my heart a lot of good to South Gibson getting a little love from folks across the state. A few years ago we had a great team and we got 0 love from across the state. I guess it has to do with being a fairly new school and not making deep playoff runs. If we were in most other regions in the state we would be a lock to make it to at least the 2nd or 3rd round every single year. Playing in region 7 is gauntlet week in and week out. It is also EXTREMELY hard to beat a great team twice. We beat Covington at their house last year to win the region crown and Covington turned around a few weeks later and beat us at our house to advance in the playoffs. Both games were single possession games that 1 or 2 plays made the difference. 

Not sure why anyone is making a list honestly. We all know who is winning the gold ball so....... unless someone can talk to mother nature and have her stop producing F5's we are all playing for silver. 

Stay safe, healthy, and love your neighbors my friends! 

LET'S ALL PRAY WE HAVE A FOOTBALL SEASON!