Preseason Top Ten in 3A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

It does my heart a lot of good to South Gibson getting a little love from folks across the state. A few years ago we had a great team and we got 0 love from across the state. I guess it has to do with being a fairly new school and not making deep playoff runs. If we were in most other regions in the state we would be a lock to make it to at least the 2nd or 3rd round every single year. Playing in region 7 is gauntlet week in and week out. It is also EXTREMELY hard to beat a great team twice. We beat Covington at their house last year to win the region crown and Covington turned around a few weeks later and beat us at our house to advance in the playoffs. Both games were single possession games that 1 or 2 plays made the difference. 

Not sure why anyone is making a list honestly. We all know who is winning the gold ball so....... unless someone can talk to mother nature and have her stop producing F5's we are all playing for silver. 

Stay safe, healthy, and love your neighbors my friends! 

LET'S ALL PRAY WE HAVE A FOOTBALL SEASON!

South Gibson???  Who???? Never heard of them. 

2 hours ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Man of millions how many kids they got coming back this yr that started last yr

Not many. I think its 6-7 starters from last year. Last seasons senior class was pretty loaded up with athletes. We have some athletes in the lower classes just not very many started because of the senior class being so large. I think they will get better towards the end of the season. Coaching staff seems to always find a way to get them ready to play and I think we will have a solid team. Losing so much due to graduation makes it extremely difficult to get a whole new batch of kids ready to play Region 7 ball. Let all just hope we get to have a football season with all of the stupid that going on right now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Not many. I think its 6-7 starters from last year. Last seasons senior class was pretty loaded up with athletes. We have some athletes in the lower classes just not very many started because of the senior class being so large. I think they will get better towards the end of the season. Coaching staff seems to always find a way to get them ready to play and I think we will have a solid team. Losing so much due to graduation makes it extremely difficult to get a whole new batch of kids ready to play Region 7 ball. Let all just hope we get to have a football season with all of the stupid that going on right now. 

South Gibson will be fine. Dealing with stupid is something people in Medina are very good at. :)

On 4/20/2020 at 7:24 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

South Gibson will be fine. Dealing with stupid is something people in Medina are very good at. :)

ONLY and do mean ONLY because you are such a good guy will I leave this one right here..... 

On a side note, everything at the house is slick. We are totally good, not a single worry. 

On 4/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, ManOfMillions said:

What you know about Covington

Just now, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

What you know about Covington

They are always really good!

They have a great coaching staff, community support, and always seem to have athletes to play ball. Most of the time they run and old school smash mouth style of football. Control the clock and play great defense. Lots of respect from the Chargers program. 

in regard to this coming season I think they have a lot coming back on the offensive side of the ball but they are losing a lot on the defensive side of the ball. 

That is all I got my friend. 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

They have a great coaching staff, community support, and always seem to have athletes to play ball. Most of the time they run and old school smash mouth style of football. Control the clock and play great defense. Lots of respect from the Chargers program. 

in regard to this coming season I think they have a lot coming back on the offensive side of the ball but they are losing a lot on the defensive side of the ball. 

TY for the info

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

ONLY and do mean ONLY because you are such a good guy will I leave this one right here..... 

On a side note, everything at the house is slick. We are totally good, not a single worry. 

Good deal bro. Any idea of when you may be able to open back up. The news makes it sound like it could be soon. 

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

This is true. Bringing back the house on offense and losing everyone but a couple on defense.