Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

53 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

#10 Sleeper?  No Sleeper for the folks around Chattanooga.   You better move them boys on up the ladder.  That fellow came in and took over a dumpster fire and turned that whole program upside down overnight and won several games last year. Year two in their system and returning their QB.  Wouldn't surprise if they win their region and that would entail beating Anderson Co. which has pretty much dominated that region for awhile.  

AC has dominated that region since being placed there you are correct but how much improved will East Hamilton be?  Last year  Sullivan South the 3 seed came from region 1 (over 3

hrs on a bus)  into Chattanooga and put the the Hurricanes out in the first round.  There has been quite a bit of difference in playing level from Region 1 to Region 2 the last 3 years.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 10:06 AM, Allthetalk said:

Didn't Fayette Ware get bounced this season from the playoffs by Ripley? I don't know if they can be considered top 10 with a weak schedule like they play. Although, I will give you credit because I think it is hard to put teams in the the last couple spots based off last years finish. I do think either Jackson Northside or Southside will be on this list however just not sure which one. I also think 2 to 3 teams from region 7-4A will be on this list before its all said and done. At least that has what it has been in

17 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Fayette Ware lost 28-18 to a horrible Bolivar team last year. That doesn’t speak well for them. 

recent years. 

People have been putting in a sleeper team, and Fayette Ware is mine. Trust me, North Side would be in the top 10 over Fayette Ware, but if everyone is putting in a sleeper team, the Wildcats would be my sleeper team, even though I would still choose North Side over them. It's my fault for not addressing that as my initial sleeper. I'm also not doing my list based off what happened in 2019, more of what I expect to happen in 2020. 

But despite having a weak schedule, Fayette Ware scored over 30 points a game offensively last year. Yes, they dropped a game to Bolivar in which they shouldn't. But FW doubled the amount of wins as what a lot of people expected last year. If Wallace being their OC and actually having a full offseason at Fayette Ware, who knows what could be on the horizon. They were playing for the right to win their district last year against Millington, which they lost. They'll host Millington this year. 

Region 7-4A to me will take a major step back in 2020. There's cloudy skies in Dyersburg, there's uncertainty in Crockett County, and Ripley and Obion Central are having a free for all in terms of who wants to end their season a week earlier than the other. Haywood is like a -2000 favorite to win that district.  I would much rather have momentum in which Fayette Ware has entering 2020, then have a lot of uncertainty and questions, which that's what the opponents that Fayette Ware will be playing in November. Wouldn't shocked me if they can make it to the quarterfinals. 

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

People have been putting in a sleeper team, and Fayette Ware is mine. Trust me, North Side would be in the top 10 over Fayette Ware, but if everyone is putting in a sleeper team, the Wildcats would be my sleeper team, even though I would still choose North Side over them. It's my fault for not addressing that as my initial sleeper. I'm also not doing my list based off what happened in 2019, more of what I expect to happen in 2020. 

But despite having a weak schedule, Fayette Ware scored over 30 points a game offensively last year. Yes, they dropped a game to Bolivar in which they shouldn't. But FW doubled the amount of wins as what a lot of people expected last year. If Wallace being their OC and actually having a full offseason at Fayette Ware, who knows what could be on the horizon. They were playing for the right to win their district last year against Millington, which they lost. They'll host Millington this year. 

Region 7-4A to me will take a major step back in 2020. There's cloudy skies in Dyersburg, there's uncertainty in Crockett County, and Ripley and Obion Central are having a free for all in terms of who wants to end their season a week earlier than the other. Haywood is like a -2000 favorite to win that district.  I would much rather have momentum in which Fayette Ware has entering 2020, then have a lot of uncertainty and questions, which that's what the opponents that Fayette Ware will be playing in November. Wouldn't shocked me if they can make it to the quarterfinals. 

I agree with you that they are a good pick for a sleeper and have momentum. 

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Good post.

I got to see East Hamilton play 2 times last year.  They had a big turnaround.  They were 4-7 2 years ago and the new coach got that flipped to 7-4.  They will continue to improve with the changes they have made.  Defense has been good for the last 2 years.  Offense seemed to come along last year.  They had some good success in there first year going from the wing t to the spread.  They'll be good with there staff if they get some more athletes over there.

Don't think they beat AC.  I watched AC play last year.  They have alot of guys coming back.  

Chattanooga area doesn't have the best football top to bottom but the top teams are pretty good.  Red Bank is good in 3a.  Tyner is good in 2a. South Pitt is good in 1a.  East Hamilton is coming along in 4a.  Soddy has had some good years in 5a. Bradley Central is competitive in 6a.  

11 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Dyersburg had a down year and everyone is turning on Stowe. I mean the previous year he went 12-1 and lost to a team that played in the state championship, year before that respectfully 8-4 and before that 10-3. So I believe they will bounce back. Crockett and Kevin Ward never seem to be down much so I have a lot of confidence in them year in and year out. Haywood is year after year starting to produce elite talent and should still be the one everyone is chasing. Ripley is a mystery because they were young last season and have had the same coach fora couple years for the first time in a long time and have improved a little year to year under that staff. Obion is still struggling with numbers but are always scrappy and well coached. Decker does a great job with them. I believe whoever the 4 is that come out of 7-4A will sweep 8-4A in the first round and definitely no later than the 2nd. Thats based on the last few years. But, no doubt Fayette Ware has a ton of big athletes and could be dangerous. Look at their basketball team year after year. 

12 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Also I believe Bo Wallace took an OC job at a community college in Mississippi and is no longer with Fayette Ware. 

6 hours ago, Allthetalk said:

Dyersburg had a down year and everyone is turning on Stowe. I mean the previous year he went 12-1 and lost to a team that played in the state championship, year before that respectfully 8-4 and before that 10-3. So I believe they will bounce back. Crockett and Kevin Ward never seem to be down much so I have a lot of confidence in them year in and year out. Haywood is year after year starting to produce elite talent and should still be the one everyone is chasing. Ripley is a mystery because they were young last season and have had the same coach fora couple years for the first time in a long time and have improved a little year to year under that staff. Obion is still struggling with numbers but are always scrappy and well coached. Decker does a great job with them. I believe whoever the 4 is that come out of 7-4A will sweep 8-4A in the first round and definitely no later than the 2nd. Thats based on the last few years. But, no doubt Fayette Ware has a ton of big athletes and could be dangerous. Look at their basketball team year after year. 

No one in Dburg is turning on Stowe. Support for him is strong. He is a good coach and a great person. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 2/7/2020 at 4:14 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No one in Dburg is turning on Stowe. Support for him is strong. He is a good coach and a great person. 

Stowe is a good man but lacks innovation as a coach. Runs the wing t with no threat of passing. There is some frustration in Dyersburg over the lack of creativity on offense. Never understood why he doesn’t put a really good athlete at QB to have another threat in backfield if he’s not going to throw the ball. Everybody knows what he’s going to do and just stack the box. I’m not saying throw the ball around like a video game, but a little jolt of innovation to his offensive scheme is MUCH needed.

On 1/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, 423Ball said:

I'd say the Top 10 could look something like this based on last year.

1. Elizabethton-champs until proven different

2. Greeneville-always find a way to be a top team

3. Springfield-state runner up

4. Anderson County-good team, return a lot of talent and experience

5. Nolensville-final 4 team last year, newer school, won't be in 4a for long

6. Haywood-final 4 team, always a factor out west

7. Crockett County-quarters team that put up big points in the playoffs

8. Livingston Academy-11-1, great season, don't know what they return

9. Dekalb County-quarters team last season, don't know what they return

10. East Hamilton-2nd year under the new coach, turned it around last season, lost some key guys, return the qb, OL, and some skill.

Look out for Macon County, big time TE/DE getting some big time offers