Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

12 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

Just my opinion but I think he was leaving G-Town regardless. He may have stayed another year but I think it was a matter of time before he left anyways

That is probably true.    I was told it was a pay raise to take the smaller Haywood program and obviously the cupboard was not bare..

4 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

That is probably true.    I was told it was a pay raise to take the smaller Haywood program and obviously the cupboard was not bare..

I heard similar rumblings.  But as long as he is at Haywood I see them being in the 3rd, 4th round each year with some years maybe going to Cookeville. They are a solid team and program. I expect a big year this year though...

7 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

All I'm saying is they finally got the right coach who will be in his 2nd year with Haywood and with their talent I like their chances in 4A. Its at least possible they could be in Cookeville. 

Hoofkin was a great coach so I wouldn't say they finally got the "Right Coach".  There is no doubt that Haywood is one of very few favorites to make it out of the West each year in 4a.  How they didn't make it last year even without the FSU commit or the RB that has D1 offers is the confusing part because no "offense" to Springfield they didn't have a good showing against Elizabethton.  I could name 3 teams out of the East last year that were better than the Springfield team that Haywood was beaten by.  Can Haywood make the huge leap in one year we shall see because Elizabethton is bringing back their entire team....

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Hoofkin was a great coach so I wouldn't say they finally got the "Right Coach".  There is no doubt that Haywood is one of very few favorites to make it out of the West each year in 4a.  How they didn't make it last year even without the FSU commit or the RB that has D1 offers is the confusing part because no "offense" to Springfield they didn't have a good showing against Elizabethton.  I could name 3 teams out of the East last year that were better than the Springfield team that Haywood was beaten by.  Can Haywood make the huge leap in one year we shall see because Elizabethton is bringing back their entire team....

Hookfin was a great coach at Haywood and Liberty, but his main issue was the fact that he could never get his team over the hump. The boys in Brownsville are different. They're fast, athletic, and huge at all positions on the field. I'm not worried about the "past results" from Haywood. I heard the kid that went to Florida State only played football for one season, is that true? Smith will give credit for winning and potentially getting this team to Cookeville, which will happen in the next two seasons for sure. However, a lot of Haywood's success should be credited by Hookfin, just that a lot of people will give Smith credit. If there was no Hookfin at Haywood, then there would be no Smith. 

On 2/20/2020 at 7:43 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Hookfin was a great coach at Haywood and Liberty, but his main issue was the fact that he could never get his team over the hump. The boys in Brownsville are different. They're fast, athletic, and huge at all positions on the field. I'm not worried about the "past results" from Haywood. I heard the kid that went to Florida State only played football for one season, is that true? Smith will give credit for winning and potentially getting this team to Cookeville, which will happen in the next two seasons for sure. However, a lot of Haywood's success should be credited by Hookfin, just that a lot of people will give Smith credit. If there was no Hookfin at Haywood, then there would be no Smith. 

Yes previously he was only a basketball player before this year his last time playing football was 8th grade

5 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

I don't think Springfield had that many seniors and have the majority of their team coming back. Look for another semi final game for the 4th year in a row. I don't see anyone beating Elizabethton or Greeneville from the east. Haywood is a special place! They have alot of great looking players!

I think springfield had 5 seniors so I’m very sure they’ll be the favorite to come out the west. But don’t sleep on haywood. We reload. The freshmen class turning sophomores and this sophmore class turning juniors! Gonna be a good show. Y’all know the names Decourtney Reed and Andrew reed, for the next 3 years you’ll hear of the youngest jamarious reed 

43 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

Haywood is special! The annual semi final game is becoming a rivalry! I'd expect it to be another great one if both teams make it back! Personally I would like to see any team other than an east tn team win it. Is Crockett gonna challenge Haywood?

Crockett will always be a challenge. Coach ward always has them prepared