Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

On 2/20/2020 at 6:13 PM, Swipes said:

Hoofkin was a great coach so I wouldn't say they finally got the "Right Coach".  There is no doubt that Haywood is one of very few favorites to make it out of the West each year in 4a.  How they didn't make it last year even without the FSU commit or the RB that has D1 offers is the confusing part because no "offense" to Springfield they didn't have a good showing against Elizabethton.  I could name 3 teams out of the East last year that were better than the Springfield team that Haywood was beaten by.  Can Haywood make the huge leap in one year we shall see because Elizabethton is bringing back their entire team....

All Hoofkin left when he went to Arkansas was an inexperienced team. What's confusing is how you think Haywood underachieved when only three or four players off last year's squad had any experience at all and two of them were injured. The team graduated 32 seniors off a team which had enough talent to win a state title. Entering last season, the team had no quarterback with game experience. Haywood got as far as it did by getting players out of the halls (Markeston Douglas) and getting the most out of some kids who didn't see the field the previous season (Andre Robertson). A kick at the end by a normally reliable kicker on a wet field was the difference. We will see how the season goes for coach at Rogers Heritage after an 0-10 season last year before making the "great coach" tag more permanent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

All Hoofkin left when he went to Arkansas was an inexperienced team. What's confusing is how you think Haywood underachieved when only three or four players off last year's squad had any experience at all and two of them were injured. The team graduated 32 seniors off a team which had enough talent to win a state title. Entering last season, the team had no quarterback with game experience. Haywood got as far as it did by getting players out of the halls (Markeston Douglas) and getting the most out of some kids who didn't see the field the previous season (Andre Robertson). A kick at the end by a normally reliable kicker on a wet field was the difference. We will see how the season goes for coach at Rogers Heritage after an 0-10 season last year before making the "great coach" tag more permanent.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Every bit of this is true.^^^^^

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

Didnt Springfield make a kick to win it on that same field?

I didn't realize Coach H was so disliked. I thought he did a good job.

He is a pretty good coach. It all started when I said Haywood got the right coach now in Coach Smith. Which I think majority of people would agree with. In my opinion Coach Smith is a greater coach than Coach Hook. Smith has proven it at Germantown with I believe 2 undefeated regular seasons in 6A football. Then his first year at Haywood they made it to the semifinals in 4A. Not to mention the part I hate most is Smith has 3 straight wins over my Patriots of Henry County which is very impressive. The man is proven and it is just a matter of time before Haywood is lifting that Gold Ball. 

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

We lost to Springfield because of youth. The team that went to state we lost 32 seniors from that team. I agree hookfin got us back to the haywood of old. But let it sink in that coach smith had 6 months... and got them to the semis 

You act like other teams didn't lose a ton of talent either.  The Springfield team that showed up to Cookeville in my opinion would have been fighting for 3rd place in Region 1.  Greeneville Lost their head coach and 14 starters off of their state championship team and lost to the Champs by 3 points and 11 points in the playoffs without their starting RB and their best lineman playing on a torn ACL (Both at Betsy).  I've said that Haywood is always in the top 2 coming out of the west but can they get over the hump

20 hours ago, GangTackle said:

How many starters does Elizabethton return? Does Greeneville have a nice team returning? 

Can Anderson County upset one or the other?

Does Nolensville have a chance to make it?

Betsy returns everyone except their RB on O and 8 out of their 11 starters on D.  Greeneville returns 3 out of 5 OL, QB, RB (That ran 1,258 yards and avg. 9.4 yards a carry last year), and  2 out of their 3 starting WR.

Anderson County returns quite a bit also but can they get over the Quarterfinal hump is yet to be seen coming out of Quad 1 gauntlet they have to go through.

No clue about Nolensville with the Senior standouts they had last year. 

Edited by Swipes

18 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

With the athletes in Brownsville has "Loads of talent and will be a hard team to beat for anyone. Some of their players are absolute beasts" per PatriotNation is why i see them as underachieving against a Springfield team that after watching them play did not impress me at all.

No doubt that Haywood in 2018 had a ton of talent but they didn't have enough to beat Greeneville and the talent that was on that team ( 7 D1 Signees, 3 d2 signees, D1 wrestler, and 2 players that joined one of the best JUCO baseball programs in the nation)

27 minutes ago, Swipes said:

With the athletes in Brownsville has "Loads of talent and will be a hard team to beat for anyone. Some of their players are absolute beasts" per PatriotNation is why i see them as underachieving against a Springfield team that after watching them play did not impress me at all.

No doubt that Haywood in 2018 had a ton of talent but they didn't have enough to beat Greeneville and the talent that was on that team ( 7 D1 Signees, 3 d2 signees, D1 wrestler, and 2 players that joined one of the best JUCO baseball programs in the nation)

I wouldnt say they are underachieving after making it to the semifinals in their first year with a new head coach. Thats pretty dang impressive! All I'm saying is stay tuned because I know for a fact Haywood isnt done yet.....

51 minutes ago, Swipes said:

We always have D-1 prospects we had just as much as greeneville did if we want to talk about prospects. The difference is coach smith has more connections then Hookfin had. A week after Coach smith got there Darion Williamson became a 3 star athlete and had a offer from TN in 72 hrs.. and I’m not saying other teams don’t have the talent i know teams like Greenville and Elizabethan have talent over there, and with them having open zone it makes them that much dangerous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

We always have D-1 prospects we had just as much as greeneville did if we want to talk about prospects. The difference is coach smith has more connections then Hookfin had. A week after Coach smith got there Darion Williamson became a 3 star athlete and had a offer from TN in 72 hrs.. and I’m not saying other teams don’t have the talent i know teams like Greenville and Elizabethan have talent over there, and with them having open zone it makes them that much dangerous.

I'm talked about signing LOI and going to that school not prospects.  A Coach getting a kid a higher ranking and having connections doesn't mean that he is a better football coach or anything to do with what we have been talking about.    If you read back through my post about Haywood the last couple of year I had you coming out of the west. (Yes including last year because of the athletes Haywood always has).  I'm just waiting for that final jump because the Springfield team that beat you last year was in my opinion not that good after watching them play (I think 3 first downs the entire state championship games proves that).  That is why i was surprised they beat Haywood

5 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Haywood is open zone as well. See board policy below. 

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ADcSme1Mpvnkd6w&cid=C425CC264269ABEF&id=C425CC264269ABEF!7929&parId=C425CC264269ABEF!7670&o=OneUp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

I'm talked about signing LOI and going to that school not prospects.  A Coach getting a kid a higher ranking and having connections doesn't mean that he is a better football coach or anything to do with what we have been talking about.    If you read back through my post about Haywood the last couple of year I had you coming out of the west. (Yes including last year because of the athletes Haywood always has).  I'm just waiting for that final jump because the Springfield team that beat you last year was in my opinion not that good after watching them play (I think 3 first downs the entire state championship games proves that).  That is why i was surprised they beat Haywood

All that won’t be settled til we see what smith does. I’m not saying he’s better then hookfin, I’m not saying he’s behind them either. With hookfin we were predictable with smith not so much. Oh players are signing left and right not just prospects anymore since smiths arrival