Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

Betsy is the favorite but if you think they are taking the Devils lightly you are dead wrong because the Devils are the team to beat in the East TN.Betsy has one state championship but that can’t touch what the Devils have done the last Decade.I for one respect what they have done and expect that trend to continue with the coach that have right now.

US Army 4A Preseason All State from Murphy Fair 

Offense

Stone Hatmaker Anderson County                     Axel Aldino DeKalb County                                   Ryder Galardi Nolensville                                         Bryson Rollins Elizabethton                                    Mason Gudger Greeneville                                   Kaunyae Burgans East Hamilton                         Parker Hughes Elizabethton                                 Hudson Wolfe Hardin County                                 Stone Cummins Anderson County                          Cole Morganstern Elizabethton                           Tristan Petit Springfield                                         John Estes Marshall County    

Defense

Desmond Nokes DeKalb County                             Blaine Savage East Hamilton                                    Nick Iezzi Greeneville                                                 Gabe Kelly Springfield                                               Deuce Morton Elizabethton                                        Christian Stacey Marshall County                             Eli Topping Sullivan South                                          Landon Whittemore Macon County                       Grant Reeder Nolensville                                           Cam Douglas Haywood                                             Jaylin Newsom Tullahoma                                         Daniel Bethel Anderson County 

1 hour ago, JMorton said:

US Army 4A Preseason All State from Murphy Fair 

Offense

Stone Hatmaker Anderson County                     Axel Aldino DeKalb County                                   Ryder Galardi Nolensville                                         Bryson Rollins Elizabethton                                    Mason Gudger Greeneville                                   Kaunyae Burgans East Hamilton                         Parker Hughes Elizabethton                                 Hudson Wolfe Hardin County                                 Stone Cummins Anderson County                          Cole Morganstern Elizabethton                           Tristan Petit Springfield                                         John Estes Marshall County    

Defense

Desmond Nokes DeKalb County                             Blaine Savage East Hamilton                                    Nick Iezzi Greeneville                                                 Gabe Kelly Springfield                                               Deuce Morton Elizabethton                                        Christian Stacey Marshall County                             Eli Topping Sullivan South                                          Landon Whittemore Macon County                       Grant Reeder Nolensville                                           Cam Douglas Haywood                                             Jaylin Newsom Tullahoma                                         Daniel Bethel Anderson County 

Sweet AC has some guys on it!

Ok so I have to point this out. Murphy Fair calls himself the guru. In his magazine he lists 5 teams from each class that he thinks has the best chance of making it to Cookeville. In 4A he selected Hardin Co, Haywood, Jackson NS, Springfield and Anderson Co. he says this is not a top 5 poll but just based on what odds in his opinion of making it. I can see Haywood, Springfield and Hardin Co coming from the West. Guarantee to be one of theses teams. But I busted at the gut laughing at North Side and was shocked not to see GreenEville and Betsy. Guess he thinks this is Anderson CO’s year?  What is everyone’s thoughts??

@Swipes

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok so I have to point this out. Murphy Fair calls himself the guru. In his magazine he lists 5 teams from each class that he thinks has the best chance of making it to Cookeville. In 4A he selected Hardin Co, Haywood, Jackson NS, Springfield and Anderson Co. he says this is not a top 5 poll but just based on what odds in his opinion of making it. I can see Haywood, Springfield and Hardin Co coming from the West. Guarantee to be one of theses teams. But I busted at the gut laughing at North Side and was shocked not to see GreenEville and Betsy. Guess he thinks this is Anderson CO’s year?  What is everyone’s thoughts??

@Swipes

I haven’t seen the magazine yet. Just a pic of the preseason all state team. Betsy returns the vast majority of the team from last season. Would have to be the favorite. 

13 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

@Swipes

We've got Betsy number one in our Poll.  Only argument you could make for his reasoning would be Betsy and Greenville have the toughest route going thru each other.   I'm still giving the best team in the State a solid shot at being there.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

@Swipes

I would trust @FridayMainEvent ranking before Murphy.  I could see how Murphy believes that the West is Wide open but maybe he knows something about AC we don't.  Betsy returns almost their entire team from last year and should be the favorites with everyone they have coming back.  Coming out of the East you know the team is going to be battle tested coming into the Semi's and Finals.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

We've got Betsy number one in our Poll.  Only argument you could make for his reasoning would be Betsy and Greenville have the toughest route going thru each other.   I'm still giving the best team in the State a solid shot at being there.

But Anderson Co will have to get thru both of them  I just don’t see that happening. I think greeneville and Betsy have much better odds than AC. Definitely better than Jackson NS. 

• Like 1