Preseason Top Ten in 4A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 8:33 AM, 423Ball said:

I'd say the Top 10 could look something like this based on last year.

1. Elizabethton-champs until proven different

2. Greeneville-always find a way to be a top team

3. Springfield-state runner up

4. Anderson County-good team, return a lot of talent and experience

5. Nolensville-final 4 team last year, newer school, won't be in 4a for long

6. Haywood-final 4 team, always a factor out west

7. Crockett County-quarters team that put up big points in the playoffs

8. Livingston Academy-11-1, great season, don't know what they return

9. Dekalb County-quarters team last season, don't know what they return

10. East Hamilton-2nd year under the new coach, turned it around last season, lost some key guys, return the qb, OL, and some skill.

Don't count out Marshall County. Returning a lot of players on Offense and defense.

12 hours ago, Marshall1969 said:

Don't count out Marshall County. Returning a lot of players on Offense and defense.

I will agree.  Osteen and MC always seem to find those kids that continuously get them to the playoffs.  I believe it was just 2 years ago that they really did not have a great regular season but still ended up in the 2nd round of the playoffs, pretty close to making the 3rd round.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

I will agree.  Osteen and MC always seem to find those kids that continuously get them to the playoffs.  I believe it was just 2 years ago that they really did not have a great regular season but still ended up in the 2nd round of the playoffs, pretty close to making the 3rd round.  

Osteen is an excellent young Coach.   Sophomore QB started every game this year and looked to mature as the season progressed.   They'll have a say in region 4 this year.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 2:55 PM, Swipes said:

AC has dominated that region since being placed there you are correct but how much improved will East Hamilton be?  Last year  Sullivan South the 3 seed came from region 1 (over 3

hrs on a bus)  into Chattanooga and put the the Hurricanes out in the first round.  There has been quite a bit of difference in playing level from Region 1 to Region 2 the last 3 years.

That is three years in a row that South has had to travel to Chattanooga , the two years before was Chattanooga Central the first year an L the second a W.  It is just the curse of this conference.  I just think that region is very weak compared to Region 1.  I will say East Hamilton was the best team in the three years, but it is just not the same as Region 1. Swipes is correct 

10 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

I will say this. I believe Haywood is easily a top 3 team in 4A. Loads of talent and will be a hard team to beat for anyone. Some of their players are absolute beasts. 

Totally agree. If not for multiple injuries including to a guy who just signed with Florida State and a rb recruit with an offer to Memphis they're back in the state title game last year 

12 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

I will say this. I believe Haywood is easily a top 3 team in 4A. Loads of talent and will be a hard team to beat for anyone. Some of their players are absolute beasts. 

Haywood is always loaded but when is the last time they have won a state championship game?  The Springfield team that beat them last year was held to 133 yards and 3 first downs in the state championship to a team that returns almost their entire team from last year except the RB.

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Haywood is always loaded but when is the last time they have won a state championship game?  The Springfield team that beat them last year was held to 133 yards and 3 first downs in the state championship to a team that returns almost their entire team from last year except the RB.

All I'm saying is they finally got the right coach who will be in his 2nd year with Haywood and with their talent I like their chances in 4A. Its at least possible they could be in Cookeville. 

19 minutes ago, MunfordBball said:

The previous coach, was the right coach. He got that program back to its winning ways. Coach Smith walked into a much different program.

Both are good coaches but I think Coach Smith can take them over the hump. I feel its just a matter of time.....

Edited by PatriotsNation
  • Like 1