Preseason Top Ten in 5A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

9 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Was talking today about Henry County to some people. I know all about Damron and a kid y’all got, Kendall maybe? Outstanding players. Your coaches should open the offense up this year, y’all could easily average 35 points a game. But no no, please count Central out. We play better when everyone overlooks us. :D

Yeah Kendall is going to be a beast I think. I'm glad we got this year to have Damron, Kendall, and Odoms at the same time. Thats going to be special. 

On 2/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, tandem said:

Beech returns just about everybody on O. They lose their starting tailback but I believe the three returning will be even better. They will have to replace a few db’s but get entire d line and mlb back. 

Wow.  Sounds like Beech will be loaded.  I thought they had a lot of seniors this past season.  Guess I was wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, JohnnyUtah said:

Powell will take a step back, talent across the field but breaking in a QB much smaller than Walker will be a factor. Walker saved them last year with his size to extend plays by bouncing off hits and could run if he needed to. West is loaded and as you said OR has the dynamic back to take the game over. 

Powell will be a MAJOR FACTOR.  Ya they break in a new QB, but the new QB has a better grasp of offense, with his reads, and where the play should go.  Walker had a tuf time after his first read, that's why plays had to be extended.  Walker was a great "athlete" playing QB.   Now Powell will have a "true" QB back there that can come off his first and second reads.  so extending the plays with his feet will not be a factor.  IMO

On 1/29/2020 at 4:45 PM, osunut2 said:

Trusley is the big loss, and Powell's success will heavily depend on the ability of Jordyn Potts to step in and be a solid replacement at QB. He played a lot of mop-up duty as a freshman last year, so he's seen a lot of varsity snaps, but the stakes will certainly be different next season.

IMO Potts will be fully ready for the season.  Very skilled and highly talented QB.  Powell will def. miss Trusley though.  The biggest difference in Trusley and Potts, is Trusley was a one read, and take off running QB.  Potts is more of a "QB" stay in the pocket and come off of multiple reads.  

44 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Summit will be the team to beat out of the West.  Smacked around Gallatin then whipped a Shelbyville team that beat Beech.   Plus they return a ton including the 2 twins that are dynamic.  

Looking forward to a return match with Gallatin!!  Hope it happens.

10 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I am not a Summit fan but just a realist.  I am sure Gallatin USB looking forward to that rematch because it means they are in the playoffs but it will end the same way.

Maybe, maybe not.  Summit lost more than you think and Gallatin has new kids as well.  Different ball game if they meet again.