Preseason Top Ten in 5A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

• 4 weeks later...

Alright fellas, I seriously like to see some "Top Ten" lists from you guys.   

I'm planning to do a our "Spring Preview Show" sometime in the next couple of weeks and I do respect the opinion of many of your guys.    We plan to reveal our spring top ten on this show and your input would be appreciated.   Obviously, I try and keep up with returning players and other indicators, but first hand knowledge from you guys goes a long way in our decision process.    Help us out by providing your top ten and reasoning behind it.

Thanks so much guys!

On 3/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, FridayMainEvent said:

Alright fellas, I seriously like to see some "Top Ten" lists from you guys.   

I'm planning to do a our "Spring Preview Show" sometime in the next couple of weeks and I do respect the opinion of many of your guys.    We plan to reveal our spring top ten on this show and your input would be appreciated.   Obviously, I try and keep up with returning players and other indicators, but first hand knowledge from you guys goes a long way in our decision process.    Help us out by providing your top ten and reasoning behind it.

Thanks so much guys!

It’s just hard for me to picture a Top 10 right now especially with no spring football to go off of. I’m terms of our team, I think we’ll definitely be in the hunt but not number 1 to begin with. We have a long ways to go but I’ve got faith our staff will get the job done in the end. Here’s three teams to watch for: Knox West- returns both RBs and QB and offense will be dangerous. Lose two studs on defense but they will still be solid. Fulton-Small and in-experienced team last year took their lumps. Look for them to bounce back with most starters returning and them being “Fulton” again. Daniel Boone-My pick from NET to be best team in Region 1 5a. Return most starters including RB who is a workhorse and ran well last year. They are a dark horse contender to make it to Cookeville. Just my opinion Go Bobcats!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

It’s just hard for me to picture a Top 10 right now especially with no spring football to go off of. I’m terms of our team, I think we’ll definitely be in the hunt but not number 1 to begin with. We have a long ways to go but I’ve got faith our staff will get the job done in the end. Here’s three teams to watch for: Knox West- returns both RBs and QB and offense will be dangerous. Lose two studs on defense but they will still be solid. Fulton-Small and in-experienced team last year took their lumps. Look for them to bounce back with most starters returning and them being “Fulton” again. Daniel Boone-My pick from NET to be best team in Region 1 5a. Return most starters including RB who is a workhorse and ran well last year. They are a dark horse contender to make it to Cookeville. Just my opinion Go Bobcats!

I'll throw out 10, and please understand it's just a throw, no telling how they land at the end of the season:

1. Knox West  (agree with Bobcat, they will be hard to handle)

2. S. Doyle  (before you say it, I will, yes they lost Young, but they have a ton of returning starters back)

3. Powell  ( a lot of skill position talent back)

4. Henry Co.  (Soph. QB time to shine and talent to go with him)

5. Knox Central  (Good talent coming back, backups from last year good enough to make run)

6. Summit (Twins are very good, but can they replace last year's seniors?)

7. Oak Ridge ( Good talent returning, may have them to low, could be a top 2-3 team to end season.)

8,9,10  Look for Beech, Gallatin, Daniel Boone to work up the ladder.

Let's pray this virus passes and we can get back to some form of normalcy. 

10 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Appreciate the insight.  Especially on Boone and West.   Hard to keep up with the entire State.   That's what makes this site such a valuable resource!

46 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

I'll throw out 10, and please understand it's just a throw, no telling how they land at the end of the season:

1. Knox West  (agree with Bobcat, they will be hard to handle)

2. S. Doyle  (before you say it, I will, yes they lost Young, but they have a ton of returning starters back)

3. Powell  ( a lot of skill position talent back)

4. Henry Co.  (Soph. QB time to shine and talent to go with him)

5. Knox Central  (Good talent coming back, backups from last year good enough to make run)

6. Summit (Twins are very good, but can they replace last year's seniors?)

7. Oak Ridge ( Good talent returning, may have them to low, could be a top 2-3 team to end season.)

8,9,10  Look for Beech, Gallatin, Daniel Boone to work up the ladder.

Let's pray this virus passes and we can get back to some form of normalcy. 

That looks pretty good.   I think most of us will have a version of these 10-12 teams.   Just figuring out what position to slot them in...

11 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I agree with most of your assessment but Boone's Starting RB was Charlie Cole who committed to play at Army and was injured in the Game against Greeneville.  The RB your talking about is a converted WR after Cole went down.  I would have liked to have seen how they would have faired against South Doyle last year if Cole was Healthy at 6'2 230lb at RB and MLB.

Edited by Swipes

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I find it interesting no one is mentioning Dyer Co. they did make the semis last year. 

As much as I cant stand Dyer County. (I believe everyone knows that by now) I agree with you. They should be at least in the conversation of top 10 but they lost their heart and soul with Dain Patterson (QB) and Laquinton Wells (RB)

1 hour ago, PatriotsNation said:

As much as I cant stand Dyer County. (I believe everyone knows that by now) I agree with you. They should be at least in the conversation of top 10 but they lost their heart and soul with Dain Patterson (QB) and Laquinton Wells (RB)

I hear ya. But that whole team was gritty and had a lot of fight in them. 2 big things impress me about that coaching staff. One think about where they were prior to this season. Constant door mat that rarely made the playoffs. Also that coaching staff made strides throughout the season and they got better from week to week and peaked at the right time. Obviously that coaching staff is doing something right. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I hear ya. But that whole team was gritty and had a lot of fight in them. 2 big things impress me about that coaching staff. One think about where they were prior to this season. Constant door mat that rarely made the playoffs. Also that coaching staff made strides throughout the season and they got better from week to week and peaked at the right time. Obviously that coaching staff is doing something right. 

No doubt. Like I said they should be in the conversation. But those 2 young men carried them a long ways. It will be interesting to see how they perform without them.