Preseason Top Ten in 6A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

On 4/18/2020 at 11:49 PM, CrossStateTraveler said:

With Maryville losing so much last year, it will be hard (not saying they wont) to repeat this year. They will have their hands full next year at Bradley Central. At least two FBS players on that team. Add in the local refs and that is a tougher game than usual. All I am saying is for the first time in a LONG time, region 2 is winnable by a team not named Maryville. Normally, Maryville just reloads, I truly think it won't be that easy this next year.  

I am printing this. Thanks! 

With Maryville losing so much last year, it will be hard (not saying they wont) to repeat this year. They will have their hands full next year at Bradley Central. At least two FBS players on that team. Add in the local refs and that is a tougher game than usual. All I am saying is for the first time in a LONG time, region 2 is winnable by a team not named Maryville. Normally, Maryville just reloads, I truly think it won't be that easy this next year.  

I laughed at Mr. CrossStateTraveler. Yes it is hard. But my boys in red and black have staying power.

Tee Hee Hee

Tee hee gif 14 » GIF Images Download

On 4/23/2020 at 12:35 PM, MarevulBigGal said:

I laughed at Mr. CrossStateTraveler. Yes it is hard. But my boys in red and black have staying power.

Tee Hee Hee

Tee hee gif 14 » GIF Images Download

For the record, I am not saying they wont repeat, I just think this year has the potential to be bumpier than it has in a long time.

Edited by CrossStateTraveler

On 4/20/2020 at 10:12 PM, Red Rebels said:

I am printing this. Thanks! 

I don't think this is bulletin board material, but printing it would be fine with me. I don't have a dog in the fight.

All I implied was that it won't be a cake walk like it is normally. If you think I am partial to Bradley Central you would be very wrong. I don't like them at all. They have two very talented players that will be seniors and at their prime. The Maryville mystique might kick in on game day and BC gets drilled like normal. I am just saying if there has ever been a chink in the armor it would be next year. 

Having said that, I will leave the topic with this statement:

The upcoming Jr. class (2022) is pretty talented and some of them got to show it this past year. If they are ready to take the reigns next year then my previous statement is a moot point.

12 minutes ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

I don't think this is bulletin board material, but printing it would be fine with me. I don't have a dog in the fight.

All I implied was that it won't be a cake walk like it is normally. If you think I am partial to Bradley Central you would be very wrong. I don't like them at all. They have two very talented players that will be seniors and at their prime. The Maryville mystique might kick in on game day and BC gets drilled like normal. I am just saying if there has ever been a chink in the armor it would be next year. 

Having said that, I will leave the topic with this statement:

The upcoming Jr. class (2022) is pretty talented and some of them got to show it this past year. If they are ready to take the reigns next year then my previous statement is a moot point.

47 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Several things. One, no matter what kind of a team Bradley has, Maryville will always continue to own us. 2, it's our coaches vs their coaches. No need to say more. 3, Bradley would be much better if we could actually find a defense. You can have an high powered offense all you want, but if you don't have a defense to go with it, it does no good. Bradley can put up 40-50 points a game, but when Maryville rolls around, we are the only team that cannot score on them.  Our region is weak compared to Maryville. I see Cleveland being the only team in our region that might be able to knock them down in the future. Time will tell, if there is a season anyways.

I knew I was turning you...

:popcorneater:

(not saying they wont)  At least you know enough to insert this disclaimer in your post. 

On 5/1/2020 at 10:24 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

(not saying they wont)  At least you know enough to insert this disclaimer in your post. 

I know enough about the tradition at Maryville to know they will be good enough even in a possible down year. I will try to say it again in a different way. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they get beat in the regular season by BC. I actually don't think they will lose that game, but it has a potential to be a loss, unlike the last few years where there hasn't been any real competition for them inside the district. 

On 5/2/2020 at 2:06 PM, CrossStateTraveler said:

I know enough about the tradition at Maryville to know they will be good enough even in a possible down year. I will try to say it again in a different way. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they get beat in the regular season by BC. I actually don't think they will lose that game, but it has a potential to be a loss, unlike the last few years where there hasn't been any real competition for them inside the district. 

Since you claim to be new around here, in TSSAA Football, the lowest grouping is called a Region.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2019&sportid=1&type=high 

f8754ead4de5aff9f3cace72a1da6036.gif