Preseason Top Ten in 6A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

On 5/5/2020 at 11:11 PM, Red Rebels said:

Since you claim to be new around here, in TSSAA Football, the lowest grouping is called a Region.

https://portal.tssaa.org/common/classification/?schoolYear=2019&sportid=1&type=high 

f8754ead4de5aff9f3cace72a1da6036.gif

Not new. Been around awhile. Just started posting and yeah I meant region. It wasn't a typo, just had a brain malfunction. Thanks for noticing it.

Edited by CrossStateTraveler

On 4/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, CrossStateTraveler said:

I don't think this is bulletin board material, but printing it would be fine with me. I don't have a dog in the fight.

All I implied was that it won't be a cake walk like it is normally. If you think I am partial to Bradley Central you would be very wrong. I don't like them at all. They have two very talented players that will be seniors and at their prime. The Maryville mystique might kick in on game day and BC gets drilled like normal. I am just saying if there has ever been a chink in the armor it would be next year. 

Having said that, I will leave the topic with this statement:

The upcoming Jr. class (2022) is pretty talented and some of them got to show it this past year. If they are ready to take the reigns next year then my previous statement is a moot point.

BC has wilted against any good team. Maryville gets the benefit of the doubt, BC doesn't. People thought the same thing about Oakland in 2017 and they went 13-1

On 5/13/2020 at 7:18 PM, MidTennFootball said:

BC has wilted against any good team. Maryville gets the benefit of the doubt, BC doesn't. People thought the same thing about Oakland in 2017 and they went 13-1

Fair points. The one thing you can count on even if the talent "may" be down from normal is that the Maryville coaching staff will coach them up.

19 hours ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

Fair points. The one thing you can count on even if the talent "may" be down from normal is that the Maryville coaching staff will coach them up.

Seems like just about every year we hear that "talent is down at Maryville."  Funny how that rarely ever seems to affect the results on the field.  

I ran into DBs (Kingsport)  QB last week .. with only 4 starters gone , he is excited ! He said they are going to be great this year and tougher than last .... Excited to see this team this year and all the rest . I just hope all these kids get to play across the State (nothing like Friday Night Lights ) 

Good Luck to all fans and players across the state !!

On 1/29/2020 at 6:31 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

Define "Top 10". My definition is - the 10 teams that have the best shot at going all the way.

So please, just leave Dobyns Bennett out.  There is a zero chance that they will make the finals, much less win it.

Wow...such confidence....you sure you didnt go to South?

On 5/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, tj3775 said:

Wow...such confidence....you sure you didnt go to South?

Yeah .... They must not follow DB like many do ! I have more confidence this year than I did in 2014 ..this team is stacked with only 4 starters gone , heck of a QB and two great running backs and plenty of great lineman - that is if we get to see Football this fall !

11 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

Yeah .... They must not follow DB like many do ! I have more confidence this year than I did in 2014 ..this team is stacked with only 4 starters gone , heck of a QB and two great running backs and plenty of great lineman - that is if we get to see Football this fall !

I'm sure he follows DB just fine.  He Statement was "Define "Top 10". My definition is - the 10 teams that have the best shot at going all the way."  DB has to go through Maryville a team that handled them by 35 point and wasn't even a game last year in the play-offs.  When was the last time a team other than Maryville won the Quarter Finals coming out of Region 1 and 2?  I'll hang up and listen......:popcorneater:

22 hours ago, Swipes said:

When was the last time a team other than Maryville won the Quarter Finals coming out of Region 1 and 2?  I'll hang up and listen......:popcorneater:

TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals 

2009 MHS 35 Farragut 14

2010 MHS 52 Bearden 20

2011 MHS 41 Sevier Co. 7

2012 MHS 41 Dobyns-Bennett 20

2013 MHS 56 Sevier Co. 14

2014 MHS 45 Science Hill 0

2015 MHS 42 Blackman 7

2016 MHS 48 Blackman 28

2017 MHS 45 Bradley Central 10

2018 MHS 26 Farragut 10

2019 MHS 45 Dobyns-Bennett 10

giphy.gif

Edited by Red Rebels

3 hours ago, HTV said:

DB is a great regular season team. 

Then they have to play Knoxville area teams in the playoffs.  

Hate away.  Just being realistic.  

It's not so much Knoxville area teams It's the Big Red Machine.  DB has wins against other Knoxville area Team like Bearden, Farragut, HV, Oak Ridge over the past 5 years.  Before 6a was a class DB had won quite a few conference championships in the Big East with Knox Co teams being in that Conference