Preseason Top Ten in 6A for 2020

FridayMainEvent

On 7/31/2020 at 10:50 AM, HTV said:

And if you listen to Dabo Sweeny before games, every team Kliempsein plays is 3 TDs better than his team is. 

Coach Hunt is a class act.  He's always going to give the other guys credit.  That's just what he does.  

But Maryville will still be the snot out of all of those teams on the field.  It's just what they do. 

Probably right. May be just one booger less than normal. Pretty much all I have been saying the whole time.

Derek Hunt is like George Quarles in the fact that he will always brag on other teams and downplay his team.  I remember George telling me before the 2011 season that they will be Okay. I knew then Maryville was going to roll. George usually talked about how good other team are and how Maryville could be in trouble. 

On 7/31/2020 at 10:50 AM, HTV said:

But Maryville will still be the snot out of all of those teams on the field.  It's just what they do. 

Correct. Maryville is at a completely different level in 6A football than everyone else in ET. Better coaching + better talent= total domination. Offseason talk of challengers to Maryville is always amusing.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:01 PM, kingindian33 said:

DB just hasn't had the Discipline... That has/is changing ! 

Bingo! We have a winner. It's been Discipline for many years. I've seen the coaches have a Discipline problems. Time will tell if Christian can fix it. I know they took a giant step last year but still way to many mistakes. Penalties, fumbles, players out of position, countless personal fouls. It was still bad last year, just not as bad. 

On 8/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, REBELRON said:

Derek Hunt is like George Quarles in the fact that he will always brag on other teams and downplay his team.  I remember George telling me before the 2011 season that they will be Okay. I knew then Maryville was going to roll. George usually talked about how good other team are and how Maryville could be in trouble. 

I call it the Lou Holtz special

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 10:44 PM, CrossStateTraveler said:

Well, well, well...

Some of you tried to take me to the shed on my statement above.  Looks like you need to talk to Coach Hunt and give him the same treatment as he basically said the same thing I did, but he added McMinn to the mix. 

From Coach Hunt:

“I know and understand that everybody points to Maryville just based on past history, but it’s hard to say who the favorite is,” said Hunt.

“Bradley has probably as good a team as it has ever had, and McMinn County has two players as good as anybody in the region.”

I personally am a big fan of Coach Hunt (and for that matter Coach Quarles.) He is a stand up guy on and off the field. He also shoots straight. 

He also has the same expectations that he did last year, and I think that is one of the things that make the program special.

Too my initial point, I think he and I see it the same way. It "might" not be as easy as it has been in years past. If forced to bet my house on them, I would be taking Maryville as they are the safest bet to win the district again. If using play money, I would have been betting it all on Bradley before Tray Curry was kicked off the team.

I still don't think McMinn can do it. They have two really good players, but one is a lineman, and they lost a very speedy QB that paired with Jalen Hunt was hard to deal with. With the QB being gone I think they aren't as good as they were but could still end up third and at worst 4th.

Lastly when you bring up my post to slam me later in the year, I will just point to this one where your own coach agreed with me.

When is the Maryville game? 

Today or Tomorrow?

• Upvote 1