Head Coaching change in Whitwell....

volsfan2008

3 hours ago, djslayer said:

@rlh   They have picked up on the word Shuffle.    I coined the RIckey Shuffle years ago.  :)

@Roy Dillard   I have heard there's a large group at the Crossroads with buckets collecting money.  Mainly from little fellers piggy banks and babies milk money.  They're all wearing red caps initialed MWGA.  Anyone have any ideas what MWGA means?   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@rlh   They have picked up on the word Shuffle.    I coined the RIckey Shuffle years ago.  :)

@Roy Dillard   I have heard there's a large group at the Crossroads with buckets collecting money.  Mainly from little fellers piggy banks and babies milk money.  They're all wearing red caps initialed MWGA.  Anyone have any ideas what MWGA means?   

:roflol:

47 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Rumors probably.  It appears the former DC Coley has it on lock according the QB Club President TigerFootballFan

From the sounds of it, it was a closed behind the door discussion! (Sarcasm)

I have no dog in the fight, just from some articles I’ve read and the tv report I watched, seems like the young men wanted him to stay! Don’t believe any coach could have done any better after what they lost after state! 
 Good luck to the next hire is all I can say! He may want to rent a place before selling his house and moving his family! 

45 minutes ago, powerp said:

Just my opinion...but people need to look at a few things before considering any coaching job. 1. Talent 2. Tradition 3. Community support.

With that said, the next coach that walks into Whitwell will have none of the three.

There's a 4th, administration support . . . Seems that O didn't have the latter.

55 minutes ago, powerp said:

Just my opinion...but people need to look at a few things before considering any coaching job. 1. Talent 2. Tradition 3. Community support.

With that said, the next coach that walks into Whitwell will have none of the three.

Everyone in whitwell knows talent  Isn’t there this year. The next group of kids will be sophomores, freshmen and in 8th grade. That is Whitwells next “window”. Your right Whitwell doesn’t have the tradition, but administration didn’t want to see what was started fall off back to “same ole Whitwell”. If JC is named I guarantee the community support is there. Most are trilled of the possible hire. They know what he did with the defense while there. This year for Whitwell will be building for the future.  

On 2/15/2020 at 10:23 AM, Southtowner said:

LRDAO.... Towner man that might be code for tithing money for the SOS so they can get some out of towners passing through.  Them Whitwell lites is a little behind the jailhouse fellars when it comes to doing the smart thing.  You think im joking but im not.