Head Coaching change in Whitwell....

volsfan2008

11 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Nah Roy. We ain’t the recruiting mastermind you are. You’ll have to take a break from orchestrating for SP and help. And OP was the one that said he was going south to Texas. I’m surprised you let your girlfriend go that far from home. 

LRDAO... Figure you Milan fellars aint getting as good as a education as they can give up around the fake honey hole.  You is pathetic.  You think im joking but im not. 

24 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... Figure you Milan fellars aint getting as good as a education as they can give up around the fake honey hole.  You is pathetic.  You think im joking but im not. 

I’m sorry Roy. Didn’t mean to rattle your cage. Please don’t cry again like you did the other day. I can’t stand to see a grown retard cry. 

8 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Ok, I saw a few of those games and they were basically 50 point games. I just didn’t see it, but good luck maybe you’re right. 

Don't forget that the guy he mentioned had his defense lit up on a regular basis like a pin ball machine on tilt. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 3:21 PM, djslayer said:

On 2/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, Southtowner said:

This is the part that definitely stood out to me.  Excerpt:

However, sources close to the situation tell News 12 that a former assistant coach is the front-runner.

Griffith says no names have come across his desk just yet. However, he believes the rumored replacement would not qualify due to a previous criminal incident and lack of teaching certificate.

What makes JC the former DC of Whitwell not qualify as a head coach?  Lack of teaching certificate?  What do the by laws say? 

Edited by Southtowner
Oopsie Daisie

Just now, Southtowner said:

What makes JC the former DC of Whitwell not qualified as a head coach?  Lack of teaching certificate?  What do the by laws say? 

2019-20 TSSAA Handbook Page 11 June 20, 2019 

Coaches

Section 9. 

All coaches must be registered with TSSAA annually and will fall under one of the following categories: 

1. Full-time certified teacher (a minimum of 100 school days) of a board of education with a Tennessee teaching license or the equivalent. 

2. Retired educator (five or more years' experience) with a valid Tennessee state teaching license or the equivalent.

3. Non-faculty coach – Anyone approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education in the normal course of employment procedures in accordance with applicable state law. 

4. Classified Employee – Any individual employed by a member school or school system in a position that does not require a teaching license or the equivalent. 

A Classified Employee must be employed 30 hours or more per week in a non-coaching position and may not be an independent contractor or an employee of an independent contractor. 

A. Coaching Requirements:

1. All coaches must be approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education prior to coaching. 

2. All coaches must be submitted online in the school’s log in area to the state office annually. This must be done prior to coaching.

3. Non-faculty Coaches and Classified Employee Coaches must complete the NFHS “Fundamentals of Coaching” and “First Aid, Health, & Safety for Coaches” courses prior to assuming the position. Coaches who have successfully completed the ASEP Coaches Education Course prior to May 15, 2013, will not be required to take the NFHS courses. 

A school must pay an annual registration fee of $50.00 per Non-faculty Coach. There is no registration fee for a Classified Employee. 4. In addition to the requirements listed above, all coaches of Unified Sports must meet the requirements set forth by Special Olympics of Tennessee. 

B. Use of a coach who does not meet all the requirements listed above or the use of a Non-faculty Coach or Classified Employee Coach who has not been submitted to the state office shall result in a fine of $500.00. Use of a full-time certified teacher or retired educator who has not been submitted to the state office prior to the date of first contest allowed by the Sports Calendar shall result in a fine of $50.00. 

C. All coaches are subject to the TSSAA rules and regulation and must conduct themselves in a manner becoming of a coach and representative of the school. All coaches are responsible to the principal of his/her school. Coaches must realize that they have more responsibilities than the general public to understand the purpose of high school athletics and the principles behind the TSSAA rules, and they must maintain that level of understanding and purpose when dealing with the general public and students. 

Coaches must be paid entirely from funds approved by either the board of education, governing board of the school, Director of Schools, or the Principal of the school.   

Q. Can a non-faculty coach or a classified employee be a head coach? 

A. Yes.
Provided they have successfully completed the NFHS “Fundamentals of Coaching” and “First Aid, Health, & Safety for Coaches” courses OR the ASEP Coaches Education Course in a TSSAA-approved course combined with the TSSAA Online Coaches Training Session prior to May 15, 2013 and have been proper submitted to the TSSAA office.  

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Yeah,  and that Griffith man doesn't believe he will qualify.  

Source told me Griffith man never actually said that, just what the reporter put in her paper. Coley will be next HC. Like I stated before no matter who is getting that job next year will be tough. Talent coming up to be ok in 1A. No matter how down you are no Whitwell should never be losing to Copper Basin and Sale Creek. Coley will do fine at Whitwell. Expect him to bring some stability to the program. The kids and community are happy with the hire. 

3 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Source told me Griffith man never actually said that, just what the reporter put in her paper. Coley will be next HC. Like I stated before no matter who is getting that job next year will be tough. Talent coming up to be ok in 1A. No matter how down you are no Whitwell should never be losing to Copper Basin and Sale Creek. Coley will do fine at Whitwell. Expect him to bring some stability to the program. The kids and community are happy with the hire. 

Obviously you sound happy as well. lol

4 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Whitwell has an 11 - 8 record against Lookout Valley since 2001. 

6 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

What’s that supposed to mean? Basin was head and shoulders better than Whitwell. Sale Creek on the other hand.