Head Coaching change in Whitwell....

volsfan2008

16 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Source told me Griffith man never actually said that, just what the reporter put in her paper. Coley will be next HC. Like I stated before no matter who is getting that job next year will be tough. Talent coming up to be ok in 1A. No matter how down you are no Whitwell should never be losing to Copper Basin and Sale Creek. Coley will do fine at Whitwell. Expect him to bring some stability to the program. The kids and community are happy with the hire. 

I understand what you're saying.  But I don't know why one person would quote another in an article and it not be what the person said.  The only point I was trying to make above is one doesn't have to be a certified teacher to be a head coach.  

JC has been at Whitwell before.  Did he teach then? 

29 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I understand what you're saying.  But I don't know why one person would quote another in an article and it not be what the person said.  The only point I was trying to make above is one doesn't have to be a certified teacher to be a head coach.  

CNN does it all the time. It's called fake news

35 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't know why as well but what I was told Griffith supports the hiring if they go that direction. Coley didn't teach at Whitwell when he was there. From what I understand he runs a logistics company. 

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

CNN does it all the time. It's called fake news

I read/watch a broad variety of the news.  To think that one side, whether it's left or right is reporting 100% accurately, one has to be drinking the koolaid.   

I believe our hopes, answers and most of all the Truth, do not lie either left or right but straight above. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I don't know why as well but what I was told Griffith supports the hiring if they go that direction. Coley didn't teach at Whitwell when he was there. From what I understand he runs a logistics company. 

If Griffith does support the hire then it should get done.  I haven't heard anything other than it being Coley.   Good luck to Whitwell.  Regardless of which direction they go, having now 10 coaches in 16 years shows the route they have traveled.  

11 minutes ago, Indian said:

Laugh if you want, but Sale Creek is a sleeping giant in 1A. Just takes a few who didn't get the playing time at Rhea or Soddy, or moved into the north part of the county, to take the next step. 

I have been surprised that Sale Creek hasn't come along faster given the Athletes they used to have in their Basketball program during their power house days. Wait until they get to actually have home games at home.  Frankly, I think the pound Whitwell this year.

Edited by rlh

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I read/watch a broad variety of the news.  To think that one side, whether it's left or right is reporting 100% accurately, one has to be drinking the koolaid.   

I believe our hopes, answers and most of all the Truth, do not lie either left or right but straight above. 

I watch that news on Sundays and Wednesdays mostly and 1 hour each morning on the way to work. It hasn't lied to me yet.

Edited by Imthayeti

Whitwell just posted the job to the TSSAA board 18 hours ago.  What are your thoughts about why they would do this if they already have a person in mind

Whitwell High School is now taking applications for Head Football Coach. Teaching position is To Be Determined. If interested, please send your resume to Teena Casseday: [email protected].