Head Coaching change in Whitwell....

volsfan2008

8 hours ago, djslayer said:

I did hear that they are getting applications from some 5A coaches. If they go down that road, captain victory may be in trouble as are those guys in the nation.... however, I'm betting on them hiring the local guy who was fired 2 years ago....same ole whitwell..lol

JC stepped down and was never fired. He was very involved the rest of the season and even coached in the state game that they won. JC coached at the 6A level in Florida last year. I'm sure the local guy will be fine if they go that route. However, hearing that has changed. Top candidate took another job, DC at Goodpasture. CB the lead candidate now.

9 hours ago, djslayer said:

I did hear that they are getting applications from some 5A coaches. If they go down that road, captain victory may be in trouble as are those guys in the nation.... however, I'm betting on them hiring the local guy who was fired 2 years ago....same ole whitwell..lol

LRDAO... Are you joking? I garuntee you Grider aint skeered of them Whitwell fellars no matter if it is that Bellicheck man coaching them.  You think im joking but im not. 

Just learned Justin Palmer is applying for the job and his father will be helping him... as the father of a middle school kid deciding between valley schools, I wonder if the admin is bright enough to see the potential.  If not its ok... the word is SP knows the kid has talent. Maybe they'll be pirates next year... the drive may be longer and we look better in red but coaching matters and this is a proven winner...not CB...

Coach Palmer by the numbers

From: Hamilton, Alabama where he played quarterback and earned 1st Team All-State honors and was a Mr. Football nominee after his senior season at Hamilton High School.

Justin Palmer - Head Coach
uc?id=0B6neC396gdf7a1lxNGZSZUFPVnFBSmdlczQwYUxoZ3laZU5N&export=download

Coach Palmer is entering his 1st year as the Head Football Coach for the Golden Eagles in 2016. He is a graduate of Hamilton High School in Alabama and Troy University. Coach Palmer comes to back to Shelbyville after previously being the Offensive Coordinator at SCHS from 2011-1014. He comes back after a one year stint as the head coach at Creek Wood High School. He began his high school coach career as the offensive coordinator at West Creek H.S. from 2010-2011. Coach Palmer teaches Strength & Conditioning and is very involved with special education at SC. His wife Brittany teaches Special Education at Southside Elementary School. They have a son Jax (2 years old) who you will see roaming the sidelines on Friday nights.

Wade Palmer - Wide Recievers

uc?id=0B6neC396gdf7RlBkaVdjQXVXQlE&export=download
The other Coach Palmer on staff is known by the players as Coach Pops or Coach Wade. He is the father of head coach Justin Palmer. Coach Wade also serves as the Head Girls Softball coach at SCHS. He is a graduate of Hackleburg High School and the University of North Alabama. He began his coaching career in 1979 at Winfield High School. He coached 3 SEC players at Hamilton High School from 1981-1983. In 1985 as the Head Football Coach at Mt. Hope H.S. he lead the team to their first ever undefeated regular season and their only birth in the quarterfinals of the state playoffs. Palmer worked as a head coach in Football, Basketball, Track, Baseball, and Softball during his 11 year coaching tenure before taking over the family business.  Coach Wade is a Physical Education teacher at SC. He and his wife Nancy have been married for 33 years. They have three children, Justin, Lacy, and Katie, and two grandchildren, Jax (2) and Ellie (4). 

3 hours ago, djslayer said:

Just learned Justin Palmer is applying for the job and his father will be helping him... as the father of a middle school kid deciding between valley schools, I wonder if the admin is bright enough to see the potential.  If not its ok... the word is SP knows the kid has talent. Maybe they'll be pirates next year... the drive may be longer and we look better in red but coaching matters and this is a proven winner...not CB...

I don’t think the problem is his winning. It’s the reasoning behind his dismissal at Shelbyville. That’s just A LOT of baggage to be quite honest. I don’t think the Whitwell admin will hire him. It’s not everyday an 11-2 coach is fired. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, djslayer said:

Coach Palmer by the numbers

From: Hamilton, Alabama where he played quarterback and earned 1st Team All-State honors and was a Mr. Football nominee after his senior season at Hamilton High School.

Justin Palmer - Head Coach
uc?id=0B6neC396gdf7a1lxNGZSZUFPVnFBSmdlczQwYUxoZ3laZU5N&export=download

Coach Palmer is entering his 1st year as the Head Football Coach for the Golden Eagles in 2016. He is a graduate of Hamilton High School in Alabama and Troy University. Coach Palmer comes to back to Shelbyville after previously being the Offensive Coordinator at SCHS from 2011-1014. He comes back after a one year stint as the head coach at Creek Wood High School. He began his high school coach career as the offensive coordinator at West Creek H.S. from 2010-2011. Coach Palmer teaches Strength & Conditioning and is very involved with special education at SC. His wife Brittany teaches Special Education at Southside Elementary School. They have a son Jax (2 years old) who you will see roaming the sidelines on Friday nights.

Wade Palmer - Wide Recievers

uc?id=0B6neC396gdf7RlBkaVdjQXVXQlE&export=download
The other Coach Palmer on staff is known by the players as Coach Pops or Coach Wade. He is the father of head coach Justin Palmer. Coach Wade also serves as the Head Girls Softball coach at SCHS. He is a graduate of Hackleburg High School and the University of North Alabama. He began his coaching career in 1979 at Winfield High School. He coached 3 SEC players at Hamilton High School from 1981-1983. In 1985 as the Head Football Coach at Mt. Hope H.S. he lead the team to their first ever undefeated regular season and their only birth in the quarterfinals of the state playoffs. Palmer worked as a head coach in Football, Basketball, Track, Baseball, and Softball during his 11 year coaching tenure before taking over the family business.  Coach Wade is a Physical Education teacher at SC. He and his wife Nancy have been married for 33 years. They have three children, Justin, Lacy, and Katie, and two grandchildren, Jax (2) and Ellie (4). 

Apparently character doesn't matter. 

7 minutes ago, djslayer said:

Seemed like the previous coach had lots of character but got canned in favor of a leader who has proven he can win... JP seems like he can do that better than the guy tiger fan had mentioned. 

JP took job at summit, and is no longer a candidate. Another name has emerged. Lots of folks still want JC but looks like that isn't happening . CB still an option but no trigger has been pulled. 

Edited by TigerfootballFan

7 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

JP took job at summit, and is no longer a candidate. Another name has emerged. Lots of folks still want JC but looks like that isn't happening . CB still an option but no trigger has been pulled. 

From what I have gathered, The Palmer situation is strictly personal, but Shelbyville was not willing to deal with it.  Happens a lot.  As far as Whitwell is concerned, Palmer is very much in play.  

10 minutes ago, ocac said:

From what I have gathered, The Palmer situation is strictly personal, but Shelbyville was not willing to deal with it.  Happens a lot.  As far as Whitwell is concerned, Palmer is very much in play.  

Whitwell will not go with Palmer. Situation seems to much like Malone. CB will more than likely be the HC at Whitwell 

20 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I don’t think the problem is his winning. It’s the reasoning behind his dismissal at Shelbyville. That’s just A LOT of baggage to be quite honest. I don’t think the Whitwell admin will hire him. It’s not everyday an 11-2 coach is fired. 

what happened?

Well palmer met with them today and I think his situation in shelbyville is in no way comparable to malone's.  TM had issues with coaches, parents, admin, athletes, local businesses and so one situation was the grounds for his dismissal. If the admin wants to get back to winning then he may be a good choice. I've heard even the big rival reached out to him about a job in the valley.