Region Winners?????

JIII

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, cbg said:

It will be interesting to see how Wilson Central competes against Bradley Central & Cleveland.  I looked at the results from WC this season and they have not competed against Bradley, Cleveland, McCallie, Christian Brothers or Baylor in a dual match.  They did defeat a Father Ryan team that is in the middle of rebuilding and provided little competition.  

Is Father Ryan rebuilding? I would say they are closer to the beginning of a rebuild than the middle. 

4 hours ago, NotSurprised said:

Is Father Ryan rebuilding? I would say they are closer to the beginning of a rebuild than the middle. 

There are three senior wrestlers in the starting line up (Madson, Miller & Wright) and one is a first year wrestler at 220.

IMO, a young lineup with a strong group of NCW kids coming up the ranks. 

Baylor is absolutely loaded with all of the talent they have brought in the last couple of years and it feels like everyone will be wrestling for second place for the next few years in DII.

13 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

What happened to Science Hill this year? I could be wrong but at the beginning of the season they were ranked #2. But they didn’t even win their Region if the post above is correct? 

We had several of our starters out sick.  Some of those who wrestled were also sick.  Just not at 100%, credit to DB though, they showed up ready to wrestle.  We can only wonder what could have been if we were at full strength.  

4 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

AAA results

R1: DB, Science Hill

R2: Halls, Sevier County

R3: Heritage, Maryville

R4: Cleveland Bradley

R5: Blackman, Oakland

R6: ??

R7: Centennial, Independence

R8: ??

Region 6 is Wilson Central and Clarksville. 

Region 8 is Arlington and Houston

region winners/runners up are finalized  brackets probably here by monday  here’s what we know...with 3 returning podium finishers as region champs, Cleveland, WC, and Centennial should be seeded 1 2 3 if i’m not mistaken. which means 6 teams already have their places in the bracket...

top half:

Cleveland

Indy

Clarksville

bottom half:

Wilson Central

Bradley

Centennial 

Cleveland is the clear favorite. they are in a league of their own. i believe Wilson Central is #2. haven’t seen anything to show me otherwise. we will hopefully get to see WC vs Bradley on the bottom side. Science Hill will hopefully be healthy. i’ve yet to see what they’ve got at full strength. Dobyns will be one to watch to see if the SH win was a sign of how good they are or how down the Hill was that night. watch out for Clarksville. even without Gabe Smith in the lineup, they are wrestling well and peaking at the right time. 

right now with no brackets, my preliminary thoughts are...

1. Cleveland

2. Wilson Central

3.  Bradley

4/5/6. Clarksville/Blackman/DB

Edited by Bump11

5 hours ago, Bump11 said:

region winners/runners up are finalized  brackets probably here by monday  here’s what we know...with 3 returning podium finishers as region champs, Cleveland, WC, and Centennial should be seeded 1 2 3 if i’m not mistaken. which means 6 teams already have their places in the bracket...

top half:

Cleveland

Indy

Clarksville

bottom half:

Wilson Central

Bradley

Centennial 

Cleveland is the clear favorite. they are in a league of their own. i believe Wilson Central is #2. haven’t seen anything to show me otherwise. we will hopefully get to see WC vs Bradley on the bottom side. Science Hill will hopefully be healthy. i’ve yet to see what they’ve got at full strength. Dobyns will be one to watch to see if the SH win was a sign of how good they are or how down the Hill was that night. watch out for Clarksville. even without Gabe Smith in the lineup, they are wrestling well and peaking at the right time. 

right now with no brackets, my preliminary thoughts are...

1. Cleveland

2. Wilson Central

3.  Bradley

4/5/6. Clarksville/Blackman/DB

Gabe Smith is in the line up