Lake County Schedule 2020

Allthetalk

10 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Didn't get to make it like Id planned but heard it was 3-3.Not sure though.Heard LC lost one of their starters to a knee injury.Think it will be ok for football season but hes a key pitcher on the baseball team that has aspirations for a state title .Just what I was told.

If he was a pitcher, then why is he playing football?

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I was thinking the same thing. I have been in education for a long time. Big and small school systems. It is unheard of to have baseball players participating in football scrimmages during baseball season. Very odd. 

Agreed, usually players that play both sports they'll break it in half by semesters. Also, I don't expect there to be a "clear cut favorite" in baseball this season to reach Murfreesboro. Yes, Peabody and Huntingdon will be favorites in 1A, but there's not a version of "Greenfield in girls basketball" or "Peabody in football" to reach state in baseball. 

The football team is losing 12 seniors to graduation on a team of what was 33 players, at a school with 200 students. BTW LC baseball players have played football spring games for at least seven seasons with no injuries. Injuries do happen. Although it’s incredibly unfortunate and devastating for LC losing one of their best pitchers, you obviously hate it for the kid more than anyone, those type of injuries can happen anywhere. In no way does that make the coach negligent for playing him. A lot of the smaller schools have kids who play both sports and are starters at both. To say it’s unheard of in a spring scrimmage is silly. Only 5A/6A would get away with not playing football players in a scrimmage during baseball season, obviously due to larger numbers. I also want to say that for anyone to imply or even hint at the possibility that Puckett would do anything but what is in those kids BEST interest is completely ridiculous! The kids come first with him, and always have. 

1 hour ago, OCRebel00 said:

The football team is losing 12 seniors to graduation on a team of what was 33 players, at a school with 200 students. BTW LC baseball players have played football spring games for at least seven seasons with no injuries. Injuries do happen. Although it’s incredibly unfortunate and devastating for LC losing one of their best pitchers, you obviously hate it for the kid more than anyone, those type of injuries can happen anywhere. In no way does that make the coach negligent for playing him. A lot of the smaller schools have kids who play both sports and are starters at both. To say it’s unheard of in a spring scrimmage is silly. Only 5A/6A would get away with not playing football players in a scrimmage during baseball season, obviously due to larger numbers. I also want to say that for anyone to imply or even hint at the possibility that Puckett would do anything but what is in those kids BEST interest is completely ridiculous! The kids come first with him, and always have. 

I agree.Just hate it for him.Just hope he gets well.

• 2 weeks later...