Coach Bowling steps down at Union City

toinemac

42 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Please explain...

Trousdale County,  Trenton Peabody and Union City are 3 in 2A I believe I would take over Glencliff, White County, or Memphis Overton.  

I'm not bashing any program.  At least I'm not trying to.  I just believe there are some 2A schools that I would desire to be the head coach more so than some in 5A.   

5 hours ago, GATNA said:

Not a great hire IMO. Sure your system doesn't change to cut down on learning a new offense, but your system doesn't change. Union City is struggling with numbers. I don't see that changing.

He said in the article the offense would change. They would still be run first and throwing the ball 20-30%

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No. They are all junk. But only cause they coached at Peabody. :)  love ya Pride!!!!

Lmbo just wanting to clarify. Because certainly a good coach wouldn't drop from 5A to 2A especially from HC to assistant by that logic. Never mind he's been pegged by a few of these guys as the next HC at Peabody

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lmbo just wanting to clarify. Because certainly a good coach wouldn't drop from 5A to 2A especially from HC to assistant by that logic. Never mind he's been pegged by a few of these guys as the next HC at Peabody

I agree with you to an extent. But I just think in this case UC is where his heart was. Pay in Tipton Co is very good. More so than Obion. I would imagine he took a  pay cut to come to UC. 

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

So Vowell isn't a good coach? Ricky Woods? Joe Gaddis? I just want to keep the record straight here. 

I was being a jerk in my statement !! I agree 100 percent with your statment !!! I believe there are several 2 A programs that are great jobs ! Where I played in Ga. Coaches got lambasted for dropping in classification" shoulda gave some backs story to my comment" ! UC is a amazing job plain n simple !! That being said " ROLL TIDE "

7 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I was being a jerk in my statement !! I agree 100 percent with your statment !!! I believe there are several 2 A programs that are great jobs ! Where I played in Ga. Coaches got lambasted for dropping in classification" shoulda gave some backs story to my comment" ! UC is a amazing job plain n simple !! That being said " ROLL TIDE "

Hahah I know I was too. Couldnt help myself when I saw you a Peabody fan made the comment

19 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with you to an extent. But I just think in this case UC is where his heart was. Pay in Tipton Co is very good. More so than Obion. I would imagine he took a  pay cut to come to UC. 

The Union City system is separate from Obion Co, like Milan and Gibson Co. The Union City system pays much better and the majority of the insurance is covered by the school system. He is likely much better off than in Tipton.

36 minutes ago, GATNA said:

The Union City system is separate from Obion Co, like Milan and Gibson Co. The Union City system pays much better and the majority of the insurance is covered by the school system. He is likely much better off than in Tipton.

I looked up both systems pay scales. A beginning teacher in Tipton co with a bachelor’s starts out at $40k. In Union City it is $35k and change. Tends to even out over time but there is till somewhat of a gap. And yes I know UC and Obion are separate systems. I spoke without engaging my brain earlier. Lol. 

56 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I looked up both systems pay scales. A beginning teacher in Tipton co with a bachelor’s starts out at $40k. In Union City it is $35k and change. Tends to even out over time but there is till somewhat of a gap. And yes I know UC and Obion are separate systems. I spoke without engaging my brain earlier. Lol. 

Interesting. The kicker may be the insurance and coaching stipend.