Coach Bowling steps down at Union City

toinemac

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Do they throw the ball ?  Bowling seems to refuse to throw the ball.  I said earlier it could work but he will have to throw the ball 

True statement by BPM. Since Creasy has taken over, Oakland has never done worse than a semi-finals appearance. He runs the Wing T...... in 6A. Yes, they do throw some, especially this last year since they had a transfer QB come in from Indiana, but they still make their living RUNNING THE FOOTBALL. He gets those very talented players to buy in. They come to realize winning is FUN. 

Edited by MidStateFan1
  • Upvote 1

Who is making sense as a hire for Union City....

Morgan Cruce would make some sense with ties back to the community, previous assistant at UC, and having some success at Bethel as an assistant. That's not a rumor I've heard, just a name that I was trying to match up with the job. Who else makes sense for this job?

Edited by GCPioneer

2 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

True statement by BPM. Since Creasy has taken over, Oakland has never done worse than a semi-finals appearance. He runs the Wing T...... in 6A. Yes, they do throw some, especially this last year since they had a transfer QB come in from Indiana, but they still make their living RUNNING THE FOOTBALL. He gets those very talented players to buy in. They come to realize winning is FUN. 

Bowling probably hasn’t had a season where he threw the ball more than 20 times the entire season.  It will not work in 6a unless he throws the ball.  Does he even have enough passing plays ? Lol 

24 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I'm sure Bowling knows that offense enough to be able to implement passing plays when he needs to. The guy has been running the offense for nearly 2 decades.... he will have success at Olive Branch, winners win....

You are right winners do win. He had talent in union city to open the play book up and he didn’t. He did that year after year 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

You are right winners do win. He had talent in union city to open the play book up and he didn’t. He did that year after year 

and how many state championships did he win?

He is/was the best coach in rural West TN and that's not up for debate. It sucks to see him leaving the area to go out of state.

5 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

and how many state championships did he win?

He is/was the best coach in rural West TN and that's not up for debate. It sucks to see him leaving the area to go out of state.

4    3 in 1a and 1 in 2a.  The best that’s debatable I would say tucker and Morris were better as far as west tn 

And woods while he was here 

Edited by Tide21

13 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Right... I was talking in recent years... but he is in the conversation with Tucker, Morris, etc....

You mentioned him leaving west tennesee. I was told a few years ago he had a chance to go to ensworth and didn’t go. I think I would rather be at ensworth than olive branch 

6 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Do they throw the ball ?  Bowling seems to refuse to throw the ball.  I said earlier it could work but he will have to throw the ball 

Yes they can when needed but primarily run. They run it down your throat like any wing t team. Lots of kids dressing on fridays at Oakland. I think it ultimately will come down to success. Kids want to play for a winner. If they win kids will be there. 

4 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

^^^^This