TNSCA Preseason Polls

cobracoach

Listed below are teams who have been nominated by other TNSCA schools for the Top Ten Teams of the state. These are only member schools of the Tennessee Softball Coaches Association. If your team isn't listed it could be that they are not members and we encourage everyone to join. 

We are now taking nomination for our All-Academic Teams from our members schools and we want all schools to be a part of this association to have your players honor. 

This year will be be having a All Star Games for underclassman to be showcase in front of College Coaches. This game will be played the day before our Senior All Star Games. Again only member schools players will be able to be part of this game. So we hope that your school joins and enjoys the benefits of being a member.

TNSCA Single A Preseason Poll

Summertown

Whitwell

Columbia Academy

Huntingdon

Gibson County

South Fulton

Unaka

Harriman

Trousdale County

Sale Creek

TNSCA AA Preseason Poll

Forrest

Gibbs

South Gibson

Covington

Sequatchie County

Waverly

Greenville

Decatur County Riverside

Sequoyah

Livingston Academy

TNSCA AAA Preseason Poll

Knoxville Halls

Farragut

Springfield

Ooltewah

Blackman

Maryville

Coffee County

Jefferson County

Soddy Daisy

Hardin Valley

Division II

Friendship Christian

Tipton-Rosemark Academy

Grace Christian-Knoxville

Goodpasture

14 hours ago, cobracoach said:
Listed below are teams who have been nominated by other TNSCA schools for the Top Ten Teams of the state. These are only member schools of the Tennessee Softball Coaches Association. If your team isn't listed it could be that they are not members and we encourage everyone to join. 

We are now taking nomination for our All-Academic Teams from our members schools and we want all schools to be a part of this association to have your players honor. 

This year will be be having a All Star Games for underclassman to be showcase in front of College Coaches. This game will be played the day before our Senior All Star Games. Again only member schools players will be able to be part of this game. So we hope that your school joins and enjoys the benefits of being a member.

Summertown

Whitwell

Columbia Academy

Huntingdon

Gibson County

South Fulton

Unaka

Harriman

Trousdale County

Sale Creek

TNSCA AA Preseason Poll

Forrest

Gibbs

South Gibson

Covington

Sequatchie County

Waverly

Greenville

Decatur County Riverside

Sequoyah

Livingston Academy

TNSCA AAA Preseason Poll

Knoxville Halls

Farragut

Springfield

Ooltewah

Blackman

Maryville

Coffee County

Jefferson County

Soddy Daisy

Hardin Valley

Division II

Friendship Christian

Tipton-Rosemark Academy

Goodpasture

A coach's poll of "member teams" makes no sense at all unless TNSCA is holding their own tournament and crowning a state champion separate from TSSAA.

Just a thought... a much more appreciated poll would consist of all TSSAA member schools with TNSCA schools designated separately.

• Like 1

Maybe you can get the TSSAA to do a poll. But even then all schools want vote!

These polls are for members only and all schools are encourage to join.  Also, a lot of our members didn't vote this time. Our state has a great amount of talent and this Association is trying to honor those players. 

For the $40.00 dollars which is for membership we are spending about $29.50 back to the schools in  All Academic Certificates and mailing. That's not counting the All Star Games we are putting on this year, Miss Softball for all Classification, awards at the All Star Games for the players.. Plus the girls who are chosen will be getting even more awards for that honor.

Is this poll accurate of course not just like the polls College Football Polls, College Basketball polls and etc. The true winner will be in Murfreesboro at the state. 

We are doing our best and if your school has ideas to make it happen we would appreciate it very much!

Edited by cobracoach

14 hours ago, cobracoach said:

Maybe you can get the TSSAA to do a poll. But even then all schools want vote!

These polls are for members only and all schools are encourage to join.  Also, a lot of our members didn't vote this time. Our state has a great amount of talent and this Association is trying to honor those players. 

For the $40.00 dollars which is for membership we are spending about $29.50 back to the schools in  All Academic Certificates and mailing. That's not counting the All Star Games we are putting on this year, Miss Softball for all Classification, awards at the All Star Games for the players.. Plus the girls who are chosen will be getting even more awards for that honor.

Is this poll accurate of course not just like the polls College Football Polls, College Basketball polls and etc. The true winner will be in Murfreesboro at the state. 

We are doing our best and if your school has ideas to make it happen we would appreciate it very much!

TSSAA doesn't need a poll... there are multiple polls beginning before season starts and continuing throughout the season, compiled by everyone from coaches, mainstream media, and down to individuals on these boards. Main reason that TSSAA has no official poll, is the fact that they sanction a tournament in order to determine the final order of member teams, decided on the field of play.

I'm not knocking the idea that your organization has a "members only" voters poll... just that it's ludacris to exclude non member teams from ranking. It would make just as much sense to have a statewide poll that includes only schools that wear black and gold.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, cobracoach said:

Summertown

Whitwell

Columbia Academy

Huntingdon

Gibson County

South Fulton

Unaka

Harriman

Trousdale County

Sale Creek

TNSCA AA Preseason Poll

Forrest

Gibbs

South Gibson

Covington

Sequatchie County

Waverly

Greenville

Decatur County Riverside

Sequoyah

Livingston Academy

TNSCA AAA Preseason Poll

Knoxville Halls

Farragut

Springfield

Ooltewah

Blackman

Maryville

Coffee County

Jefferson County

Soddy Daisy

Hardin Valley

Division II

Friendship Christian

Tipton-Rosemark Academy

Goodpasture

Don't get the purpose of having a coaches poll with only specific members of the state. In addition, I don't get the purpose of having a poll in baseball/softball anyway. How do you know whether if Soddy Daisy is better than Dyer County, or if Greenville is better than Covington? I don't get it. Baseball teams lose left and right. Just waisting time feeling out a coaches poll. Seems political as well.

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Don't get the purpose of having a coaches poll with only specific members of the state. In addition, I don't get the purpose of having a poll in baseball/softball anyway. How do you know whether if Soddy Daisy is better than Dyer County, or if Greenville is better than Covington? I don't get it. Baseball teams lose left and right. Just waisting time feeling out a coaches poll. Seems political as well.

Political or not, it's definitely self serving by excluding teams not paying membership fees. If you're running a recruiting service just say so, because placing teams in a "top ten" poll that excludes teams competing directly against them for non competitive reasons is fictional and misrepresentative of what a top ten list is about in the first place. Smells like advertising their "association" rather than recognizing or promoting the teams.