14AA South Side beats a tough McNairy Co team!

HawkGuy06

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea he is pretty awesome! We lost to McNairy at their house by 19 a few weeks ago. So he made some adjustments & we win at our house by 2! Big turn around 

South Side as a rule is as close to replicating a boys game as you can get, IMO. They play really hard and I believe they would run through a brick wall for their coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side as a rule is as close to replicating a boys game as you can get, IMO. They play really hard and I believe they would run through a brick wall for their coach.

I tell people this all the time! We at South Side isn’t just any ole basketball team, we are a family! It’s deeper than just basketball! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea he is pretty awesome! We lost to McNairy at their house by 19 a few weeks ago. So he made some adjustments & we win at our house by 2! Big turn around 

SS wins by 2 and missed a ton of FTs. When officials call the game right and dont let 31 get away with all that flopping and actually call fouls that are happening, they can be beat easily.  That game almost got chippy. District Tournament should be interesting. 

45 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Well coached group of girls who are always, especially in years past criticized for their strength and style of play. McNeal and his staff have a great program going there. Those girls have always been a class act and so are their coaches. BUT they hold their own on the court. 

22 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

SS wins by 2 and missed a ton of FTs. When officials call the game right and dont let 31 get away with all that flopping and actually call fouls that are happening, they can be beat easily.  That game almost got chippy. District Tournament should be interesting. 

I heard it gotten a little chippy at the end.  I heard it was a very physical game. I am glad South Side showed some heart! We haven’t been playing that old South Side ball! This was a big win, especially going into postseason! It will be intense all week in Lexington! 

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

These two teams always play physical against each other. So in your opinion does Mcnairy get by with more fouls than SS that go uncalled?

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

These two teams always play physical against each other. So in your opinion does Mcnairy get by with more fouls than SS that go uncalled?

Always! Especially in McNairy! We never get calls! McNairy still isn’t as bad as Chester Co 

Edited by HawkGuy06

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Always! Especially in McNairy! We never get calls! McNairy still isn’t as bad as Chester Co 

When we watch the team we pull for we kinda see the game one sided. I know the refs miss calls both ways in games. Don’t know if you were at McNairy for that game this year but in the second half at one time the foul margin was 10-2 against McNairy in that game. But when these teams play if every foul got called there would be no body left to play by halftime. But I always enjoy this matchup and hope they get that 3rd game in district tournament on a neutral court and we see what happens. 

3 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

When we watch the team we pull for we kinda see the game one sided. I know the refs miss calls both ways in games. Don’t know if you were at McNairy for that game this year but in the second half at one time the foul margin was 10-2 against McNairy in that game. But when these teams play if every foul got called there would be no body left to play by halftime. But I always enjoy this matchup and hope they get that 3rd game in district tournament on a neutral court and we see what happens. 

I don’t want the refs to call every foul! For one we all know that the refs are “human”, but call it the same on both ends of the court! I love watching a good game. I travel all over Tennessee to watch a good match up. McNairy being the #1 seed & SS being the #2 seed ensures that if both teams win, they would play in the District  championship! It should be another great game!