Baylor vs Cleveland

jojopanono

The cheerleaders for Cleveland may want to ask their wrestlers and coaches before they start a chant that may be considered "We want Baylor." 

Baylor was not invited back to the Cleveland Duals this year and Cleveland did not even respond to attempts by Baylor to schedule a dual this year. 

Congrats to Cleveland to being the 3rd, 4th or 5th best team in Tennessee this year. 

1. Baylor

2. Christian Brothers

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Cleveland or maybe even McCallie ahead of Cleveland...

I’ll answer this: First, they were asked to come back, they chose not to. Baylor’s ONE attempt to schedule a dual came two weeks before the season kicked off. Not sure if you understand when schedules are put together, but it’s well before then. So your getting false information from the coach, or your making things up.

With that being said, could Cleveland beat Baylor? Maybe not, Baylor is a very tough prep school. Their recruiting is better than its ever been and they have some tough young talent coming through.

• Upvote 1

I thought that I heard the Cleveland section chant something that sounded like we want Baylor.  I thought that Cleveland should have to beat Christian Brothers or even McCallie to earn that chance. Baylor has not backed down from any invitation this year and they took 3 losses this year. They lost to the current #10 Delbarton 34-25, #34 St Joseph's 29-7 and #1 Blair 55-4.

32 minutes ago, jojopanono said:

The cheerleaders for Cleveland may want to ask their wrestlers and coaches before they start a chant that may be considered "We want Baylor." 

Baylor was not invited back to the Cleveland Duals this year and Cleveland did not even respond to attempts by Baylor to schedule a dual this year. 

Congrats to Cleveland to being the 3rd, 4th or 5th best team in Tennessee this year. 

1. Baylor

2. Christian Brothers

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Cleveland or maybe even McCallie ahead of Cleveland...

3rd behind Baylor and the Bros might be justifiable. but i don’t think pigeon forge beats cleveland. pigeon forge is good and probably competes for the podium in AAA, but they don’t win it

• Upvote 1

So you are saying that now that the dual season is over, Cleveland wants to wrestle Baylor, but they couldn't find a spot in there schedule to fit the dual in during the season? 

To be the best you have to wrestle the best. Baylor has been ranked #1 all season. If I were the #2 team, I would fit the #1 team into my schedule....

10 minutes ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

So you are saying that now that the dual season is over, Cleveland wants to wrestle Baylor, but they couldn't find a spot in there schedule to fit the dual in during the season? 

To be the best you have to wrestle the best. Baylor has been ranked #1 all season. If I were the #2 team, I would fit the #1 team into my schedule....

Best at what? 

They are separated for a reason.

Baylor has an All Star team, so they won the division that is allowed to recruit.

Cleveland won the division that has to develop their own talent, along with Pigeon Forge.

Congrats to all 3 teams. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Best at what? 

They are separated for a reason.

Baylor has an All Star team, so they won the division that is allowed to recruit.

Cleveland won the division that has to develop their own talent, along with Pigeon Forge.

Congrats to all 3 teams. 

So you think Cleveland doesn't recruit?Does Baylor or any other program in TN other than Cleveland have a paid youth coach? No one wants to talk about the advantages that Cleveland has, they only point out that the private schools recruit. Just remember when you are pointing fingers you have at least four pointing back at you....

• Upvote 1