Baylor vs Cleveland

jojopanono

Would anyone like to post the team picture that Cleveland took right in front of everyone including TSSAA of all the Kids Club, Middle School, High School wrestlers, and coaches on the mat with the team trophy. I'm not sure how it gets more illegal then that in regards to recruiting. I would, but I'm to old to learn how to do these things on here. 

8 minutes ago, McNugget said:

Would anyone like to post the team picture that Cleveland took right in front of everyone including TSSAA of all the Kids Club, Middle School, High School wrestlers, and coaches on the mat with the team trophy. I'm not sure how it gets more illegal then that in regards to recruiting. I would, but I'm to old to learn how to do these things on here. 

haha How do you think programs are built? Cleveland, along with Wilson Central, and many other programs develop their own talent, they don’t wait until HS to recruit kids in. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

I thought that I heard the Cleveland section chant something that sounded like we want Baylor.  I thought that Cleveland should have to beat Christian Brothers or even McCallie to earn that chance. Baylor has not backed down from any invitation this year and they took 3 losses this year. They lost to the current #10 Delbarton 34-25, #34 St Joseph's 29-7 and #1 Blair 55-4.

Sounded like that chant to me as well. That being said, the recruiting debate will persist between these two, and to be real, both do it. Albeit, Cleveland grabs as many kids away from BC, whereas Baylor has the resources to pull kids in from around the state and region. I heard the same about a non-invite, but at this point, all 3rd hand knowledge. Happy for both teams, wish BC and McCallie would have made it to the finals of each so there would have been an all-Chatt area finals, but it wasn't to be. Good luck to all in the next coming weeks. 

8 hours ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

So you think Cleveland doesn't recruit?Does Baylor or any other program in TN other than Cleveland have a paid youth coach? No one wants to talk about the advantages that Cleveland has, they only point out that the private schools recruit. Just remember when you are pointing fingers you have at least four pointing back at you....

id like to point out 2 things.

first...while baylor does recruit, cleveland has some strings of their own that get pulled every so often. so you’re not completely wrong. BUT, the vast majority of what cleveland has, is developed either with higher calling or elsewhere in the bradley county area. they don’t pull kids from across the state. for example, a certain 132 you’re all too familiar with. or from other states completely  

second...every single kid that stepped on the mat in a Cleveland singlet last night in the finals...all 14 of them, are from cleveland. they all wrestled for higher calling in the youth system. every single one of them has been developed in the cleveland program. how many kids in the baylor lineup even live in tennessee? how many are from out of state? i’d bet that number is higher year in and year out, than the number of kids cleveland “recruits”. so your point, at least in this particular argument, is highly invalid. 

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bump11 said:

lol cleveland don’t want that smoke

Bought and paid for smoke is tough to compete with.  Baylor’s best wrestlers are from Georgia.  Heck, many of the good wrestlers at Baylor, McCallie and Christian Brothers were made in Cleveland.  No need to compare private schools and public schools as they are operating under different rules and advantages.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnapAttack said:

Sounded like that chant to me as well. That being said, the recruiting debate will persist between these two, and to be real, both do it. Albeit, Cleveland grabs as many kids away from BC, whereas Baylor has the resources to pull kids in from around the state and region. I heard the same about a non-invite, but at this point, all 3rd hand knowledge. Happy for both teams, wish BC and McCallie would have made it to the finals of each so there would have been an all-Chatt area finals, but it wasn't to be. Good luck to all in the next coming weeks. 

Ummm ... every kid on Cleveland’s team wrestled at Cleveland middle school.  Even if a wrestler went from Bradley to Cleveland, which rarely happens, comparing it to the recruiting of Baylor and McCallie is laughable.  Heck, you could make a petty good team from the Cleveland kids in Baylor, McCallie and Christian Brothers.  The fact that Cleveland can even compete with the private schools is amazing.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Bought and paid for smoke is tough to compete with.  Baylor’s best wrestlers are from Georgia.  Heck, many of the good wrestlers at Baylor, McCallie and Christian Brothers were made in Cleveland.  No need to compare private schools and public schools as they are operating under different rules and advantages.  

oh i completely agree. it was sarcasm. sorry...im not always good at joking lol 

11 hours ago, jojopanono said:

The cheerleaders for Cleveland may want to ask their wrestlers and coaches before they start a chant that may be considered "We want Baylor." 

Baylor was not invited back to the Cleveland Duals this year and Cleveland did not even respond to attempts by Baylor to schedule a dual this year. 

Congrats to Cleveland to being the 3rd, 4th or 5th best team in Tennessee this year. 

1. Baylor

2. Christian Brothers

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Cleveland or maybe even McCallie ahead of Cleveland...

Was at every match and never heard this chant.  No disrespect to Pigeon Forge as they are a great team but claiming they are better than Cleveland is a good one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McNugget said:

Can’t tell if serious.  LOL.

2 hours ago, McNugget said:

Would anyone like to post the team picture that Cleveland took right in front of everyone including TSSAA of all the Kids Club, Middle School, High School wrestlers, and coaches on the mat with the team trophy. I'm not sure how it gets more illegal then that in regards to recruiting. I would, but I'm to old to learn how to do these things on 

https://mobile.twitter.com/AutumnOBryanCHS/status/1226315126107758592/photo/1

• Like 1