Baylor vs Cleveland

jojopanono

13 hours ago, jojopanono said:

The cheerleaders for Cleveland may want to ask their wrestlers and coaches before they start a chant that may be considered "We want Baylor." 

Baylor was not invited back to the Cleveland Duals this year and Cleveland did not even respond to attempts by Baylor to schedule a dual this year. 

Congrats to Cleveland to being the 3rd, 4th or 5th best team in Tennessee this year. 

1. Baylor

2. Christian Brothers

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Cleveland or maybe even McCallie ahead of Cleveland...

At no point did anyone from Cleveland chant we want Baylor.  

• Upvote 2

This thread seams to have been created to address a chant that multiple people heard by the Cleveland cheerleaders/section. "We want Baylor."  

Bosken addressed the invitation to the Cleveland duals and admits to Baylor attempting to schedule a dual that Cleveland didn't have time in there schedule for. Regardless of public or private, don't chant "we want Baylor" if you really don't want to wrestle them for whatever excuse you want to make.

As far as #Made in Cleveland... the kids that are no longer there have left the program for various reasons and all seem to be better wrestlers today than they were at Cleveland. I would agree with the change to #Started at Cleveland, but these athletes made themself. Wrestling takes too much hard work and dedication to give credit to anyone or anything other than the wrestler for their success. Coaches and parents help along the way, but it's the wrestler who puts in the work. 

2 minutes ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

This thread seams to have been created to address a chant that multiple people heard by the Cleveland cheerleaders/section. "We want Baylor."  

Bosken addressed the invitation to the Cleveland duals and admits to Baylor attempting to schedule a dual that Cleveland didn't have time in there schedule for. Regardless of public or private, don't chant "we want Baylor" if you really don't want to wrestle them for whatever excuse you want to make.

As far as #Made in Cleveland... the kids that are no longer there have left the program for various reasons and all seem to be better wrestlers today than they were at Cleveland. I would agree with the change to #Started at Cleveland, but these athletes made themself. Wrestling takes too much hard work and dedication to give credit to anyone or anything other than the wrestler for their success. Coaches and parents help along the way, but it's the wrestler who puts in the work. 

Again please tell me when this was chanted.....

7 minutes ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

What was the chant that sounded like "We Want Baylor" that occurred twice during two separate matches towards the end of the dual with Wilson Central? Not sure what else the chant could be?

No one cheered or chanted anything about Baylor.  I was right in tje middle of the Cleveland section the whole time. 

31 minutes ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

Well we can see you never ran a program before or ever managed one either. Cleveland wanted a piece of Baylor and Baylor refused to come to their duals. After that Baylor made some feeble attempt to schedule them AFTER a schedule was already made and in which there was a very low chance of a match being able to be made. So again we have another know nothing troll out here running his mouth! So how about we put that Baylor wanted no part of Cleveland since they refused to come to the Cleveland duals! So maybe it should be Baylor runs from Cleveland since you want to put a false narrative out there about it all! 

also as far as Cleveland built, again I am not a Cleveland fan, as a Soddy wrestler I actually really disliked them and Bradley lol. But maybe instead it should be Cleveland Built and Baylor Bought!  I mean how many borders does ole Baylor or even McCallie have that are athletes % wise compared to just regular ole academic students? Also looking at all these wrestling clubs which is the LIFE blood of a wrestling program I rarely if ever see a Tornado or Baylor red raider wrestling club kid in the tournaments. And most all kids that are stud wrestlers wrestled kids club to be as good as they are, I am not sure I have seen a ton of  studs that started at Baylor or McCallie as a middle schooler having never wrestled before. 

16 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

Well we can see you never ran a program before or ever managed one either. Cleveland wanted a piece of Baylor and Baylor refused to come to their duals. After that Baylor made some feeble attempt to schedule them AFTER a schedule was already made and in which there was a very low chance of a match being able to be made. So again we have another know nothing troll out here running his mouth! So how about we put that Baylor wanted no part of Cleveland since they refused to come to the Cleveland duals! So maybe it should be Baylor runs from Cleveland since you want to put a false narrative out there about it all! 

also as far as Cleveland built, again I am not a Cleveland fan, as a Soddy wrestler I actually really disliked them and Bradley lol. But maybe instead it should be Cleveland Built and Baylor Bought!  I mean how many borders does ole Baylor or even McCallie have that are athletes % wise compared to just regular ole academic students? Also looking at all these wrestling clubs which is the LIFE blood of a wrestling program I rarely if ever see a Tornado or Baylor red raider wrestling club kid in the tournaments. And most all kids that are stud wrestlers wrestled kids club to be as good as they are, I am not sure I have seen a ton of  studs that started at Baylor or McCallie as a middle schooler having never wrestled before. 

Not many fans actually knows just what kind of talent is at Higher Calling and even Pride for the fact. And where they end up besides Cleveland or Bradley. I think Baylor would win the match, but it wouldn't be by much. To have this Cleveland team 4th or or more is just ridiculous. Especially behind Pigeon Forge.

1 hour ago, GodFamilyWrestling said:

What was the chant that sounded like "We Want Baylor" that occurred twice during two separate matches towards the end of the dual with Wilson Central? Not sure what else the chant could be?

At no point, did anyone chant We want Baylor!  I was there until it was over sitting dang close to that section..  only thing I heard the cheerleaders chant was We are Cleveland, we are Cleveland a couple of times.