Under rated and over rated teams.

noonesfool

8 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

I agree.  They are very good.  Love their light weights including the backups.  Lots of talent and great kids.

106 and 113 was what i was hoping to see change on the Wilson match. Either one of our 106 backups would have beat wilsons 106. Move Ethan to 113. I don't know if Borders could have beat Eathan. Wouldn't have gotten any bonus points if he did. 

1 minute ago, DaBears1976 said:

106 and 113 was what i was hoping to see change on the Wilson match. Either one of our 106 backups would have beat wilsons 106. Move Ethan to 113. I don't know if Borders could have beat Eathan. Wouldn't have gotten any bonus points if he did. 

i wouldn’t go that far. warnock is top 5 in the state so idk if he loses straight up to anyone other than wilson at 106. mercante also ain’t no slouch. would’ve been a good match no matter what. borders vs wilson would’ve been a fun match. but borders most likely wins. probably not bonus though

Edited by Bump11

9 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i wouldn’t go that far. warnock is top 5 in the state so idk if he loses straight up to anyone other than wilson at 106. mercante also ain’t no slouch. would’ve been a good match no matter what. borders vs wilson would’ve been a fun match. but borders most likely wins. probably not bonus though

I don't know if you follow Bradley much or know who the two 106s behind Ethan are, but one of them are very well or could be your next 106 state champ next year. Hoping Lipsey will be the one moving up to 113 next year. I really don't know with Borders can beat Ethan or not. May have been one of the best matches all season if they have gotten to wrestle. No bonus points to whomever would have won for sure.

Edited by DaBears1976

4 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

I don't know if you follow Bradley much or know who the two 106s behind Ethan are, but one of them are very well or could be your next 106 state champ next year. Hoping Lipsey will be the one moving up to 113 next year. I really don't know with Borders can beat Ethan or not. May have been one of the best matches all season if they have gotten to wrestle. No bonus points to whomever would have won for sure.

i only know of lipsey and i’d probably take warnock but haven’t seen enough of lipsey to know for sure. 

id say the same but the other way lol. i don’t know whether ethan can beat hunter or not. both are studs and i agree it very well could’ve been one of the best matches of the year. i’d say a close 1 or 2 point dec one way or the other. 

4 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

i only know of lipsey and i’d probably take warnock but haven’t seen enough of lipsey to know for sure. 

id say the same but the other way lol. i don’t know whether ethan can beat hunter or not. both are studs and i agree it very well could’ve been one of the best matches of the year. i’d say a close 1 or 2 point dec one way or the other. 

Bryson Terrel will most likely be the 106 next year. He is also having trouble getting and keeping to the 106 weight. That kid is a stud. 

Obviously I'm a Region 1 guy so maybe I am biased, but I told you guys not to sleep on DB.  I don't think they lose anyone so they will be a force next year. 

Even though we compete hard within our region, I like to see all of our Region 1 teams do well when they are wrestling other Regions but I have to agree that Science Hill was very overrated this season.  What is it that Observer always said, they received the tradition vote.  This year it was true.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1993Viking said:

Obviously I'm a Region 1 guy so maybe I am biased, but I told you guys not to sleep on DB.  I don't think they lose anyone so they will be a force next year. 

Even though we compete hard within our region, I like to see all of our Region 1 teams do well when they are wrestling other Regions but I have to agree that Science Hill was very overrated this season.  What is it that Observer always said, they received the tradition vote.  This year it was true.  

They did look good.  Unfortunate the 145 lost after substantial lead against BC before the hammers came up.  Good luck at state individual’s.

Despite not having the best results at state duals, I think Knoxville Halls will turn some heads at individual state. 

106- Ian Wright: could be a potential threat come February and has hung tight with many ranked wrestlers this season

120- Jeremy Peters: had a solid showing at state duals and is an athletic kid. His athleticism might make things interesting 

132- Jonathan Kiser: he has greatly improved this season and is visibly much stronger. He lost in the final seconds to Hunter Davis at Fandetti and has battled with several ranked wrestlers this season. A good draw at the state tournament could lead to some interesting results 

160- Cainon Elkins: he stepped into the rankings after state duals this weekend and is clearly a very strong kid with plenty of experience. He has the potential to bust some brackets.

220- Brandon Elkins: he is a ranked wrestler with loads of experience. He has a good shot at going deep into the state tournament with Trevor Linderman as his drill partner 

285- Trevor Linderman: Trevor is a returning medalist who now has another ranked wrestler, Elkins, to wrestle with in practice. He will likely be on the podium once again this season. 

Provided these guys stay healthy, they could definitely shake things up next time they step into the Ag center.