Final TN Coach's Poll

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from 10 February 2020

THIS IS THE FINAL POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 28th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 168.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

BAYLOR

CLEVELAND

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

WILSON CENTRAL

MCCALLIE

BRADLEY CENTRAL

MBA

BLACKMAN

FATHER RYAN

DOBYNS-BENNETT

PIGEON FORGE

CENTENNIAL

NR

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: CLARKSVILLE, OAKLAND, SCIENCE HILL 

On 2/10/2020 at 6:36 PM, Appvol said:

Avery that was at the same tournament as Cleveland this year won the 1a duals in NC Saturday 35-30. It came down to Hwt. It was 32-30 going into the Hwt match and he won 7-0.It was the 1st team state championship in any sport for Avery. 

Congrats to Avery! I know you’re a big supporter. We chatted wrestling over on the football pages. 

just my opinion. someone in tennessee needs to start a wrestling website similar to sewresting. no bias to big school or small school or private school  just about the kids.  small school and private school r backburner or left out completely of pintn and therefor it should be called pintn big school. there is nothing about private or small school unless someone else does it. not complaining but lets stop looking at this website for all rankings if its only interest is big school. just my opinion.and yes there is much time and effort given to big school no complaints there just needs to be an equal amount given to other divisions unless we are trying to shrink the numbers instead of grow them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JMorton said:

Congrats to Avery! I know you’re a big supporter. We chatted wrestling over on the football pages. 

Thanks. When I wrestled at Avery we made it to the finals in 1992 when it was 1a/2a combined but couldn’t get the job done.It was pretty cool getting to see the Cleveland team at the Ed Cressel Classic. That was a fun tournament to watch.

I like to see Baylor wrestle Fred T Foard who won it in 2a in NC. 

Edited by Appvol

9 hours ago, udahman said:

just my opinion. someone in tennessee needs to start a wrestling website similar to sewresting. no bias to big school or small school or private school  just about the kids.  small school and private school r backburner or left out completely of pintn and therefor it should be called pintn big school. there is nothing about private or small school unless someone else does it. not complaining but lets stop looking at this website for all rankings if its only interest is big school. just my opinion.and yes there is much time and effort given to big school no complaints there just needs to be an equal amount given to other divisions unless we are trying to shrink the numbers instead of grow them. 

If someone had the time, it would be very nice to have weight class rankings regardless of a kids division.  A top 10 of each weight class regardless of AAA A/AA or D2.  They wrestle each other throughout the year, and go to the same tournaments.  So you think it wouldn't be much more difficult than keeping the rankings separated. 

Edited by sx1234
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Appvol said:

Thanks. When I wrestled at Avery we made it to the finals in 1992 when it was 1a/2a combined but couldn’t get the job done.It was pretty cool getting to see the Cleveland team at the Ed Cressel Classic. That was a fun tournament to watch.

I like to see Baylor wrestle Fred T Foard who won it in 2a in NC. 

I hate that the Avery/Elizabethton match was cancelled. Avery would’ve killed us team wise but I would’ve liked to see how Deuce did with Averys 220. But i will take that football championship over the wrestling match. Lol 

Here's the thing.  COach Hamm does the rankings for FREE and on his OWN time.  it chews up a lot of his free time which isnt much to begin with.

Anyone can start a rankings and feel free to do so.  Coach Bray used to do one as well

Its hard enough to do rankings when you do have extra time on your hands let alone coaching and traveling with your own high school team and if you would believe it: Having a job and Working and raising kids and being newly married ( to a wonderful woman. He sure fooled her)

• Upvote 1