I’ll Say It

eastten

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Idk if i agree with this statement. 14AA is not that great aside of South Side. I think they still are top 4 without her. The issue I have with this nomination in AA is, as I have stated on another post, I have seen 3 other players in AA the last few years with way better stats and way better character and not be pushed as much as I have seen her pushed this year. I hate that media and whoever else has a hand in this only seems to push the kids who have signed D1 or play on a "big name" AAU team. I question her character after seeing some of her actions this summer and and in a couple regular season games. 

Way better character!?! It’s obvious you’re bitter that South Side didn’t get Q Miller on the list last year... and you haven’t been around Khyla either if you’re saying she doesn’t have good character. That’s a personal attack on a kid and really not cool. Also, you were nowhere around Khyla at all this summer I know for a fact. It’s pretty amazing that you say all of this, especially when a lot of people on here know who you are whether you think we do or not.

Also, the AAU team that players play on is pointless here... but usually the best players do have Division 1 offers and do want to play on the best travel teams.

Edited by GCPioneer

4 hours ago, eastten said:

Just. Because. A. Player. Plays. In. A. Storied. Program. Does. Not. Mean. They. Should. Be. A. Miss. Basketball. Finalist. 

East Tennessee snubbed again. Let’s release names of “committee” members. 

Recent finalists Taylor Lamb and Braelyn Wykle come from a storied program, but they both added to the "story" by leading South Greene to state titles in 2016 and 2017.

My pick this year was Tori Rutherford from Grainger County. Grainger made it to state last year, but lost in the first round. This year Grainger has an excellent shot to get there again. So, if Grainger makes a run in Murfreesboro and maybe even wins the AA title this year, then their program will gain real bona fides. Rutherford is a junior and should get more recognition next year. She is a fine player fortunate enough to have some fine teammates.

If you were to ask any of these players, their preference would be that their respective team win the title—personal accomplishments take a back seat.

The committee has a difficult job rating individual players. It's natural that they put a certain amount of weight on a player's individual success and, possibly, an equal amount on the success of their team.

Wykle is playing lights out at Carson-Newman and starting as a Freshman. I predict she will someday be an All American. There is life after high school basketball.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Way better character!?! It’s obvious you’re bitter that South Side didn’t get Q Miller on the list last year... and you haven’t been around Khyla either if you’re saying she doesn’t have good character. That’s a personal attack on a kid and really not cool. Also, you were nowhere around Khyla at all this summer I know for a fact. It’s pretty amazing that you say all of this, especially when a lot of people on here know who you are whether you think we do or not.

Also, the AAU team that players play on is pointless here... but usually the best players do have Division 1 offers and do want to play on the best travel teams.

Bitter, no not all because i know how it works around her when it comes to girls basketball in West Tn. In fact, Q Miller doesnt even have to be included, if thats the case and my opinion still remains the same. And some people may not and some may not and excuse me, summer, fall offseason, regular season, whatever I have been around her enough off the court and seen her enough on the court, for a fact, to know exactly what i have seen and heard to know that its not a shot at a kid its fact whether you like it, believe it or agree with it. I know people all over this state and area and trust me, I am not the only one with this opinion. And there's nothing wrong with "the best players" playing on "the best AAU teams" or having D1 offers, i wish people would just make sure that "the best" is just that. 

Many people forget this is a place to post what they think, what they feel about things and their own personal opinion about sports, players, coaches, schools, teams, players and etc... So, for people t get on here and say somebody is taking a shot at somebody, and it hasnt only been you, that's not the case. I give credit where credit is due at all times. And yes, you know me and i know and you know i'm going to call it just like i see it. I played and coached on every level except the pros so I know this game and I know talent just like you do, so i'm not new to this by a long shot. Nothing personal toward anybody, but im not going to pacify anybody either

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Bitter, no not all because i know how it works around her when it comes to girls basketball in West Tn. In fact, Q Miller doesnt even have to be included, if thats the case and my opinion still remains the same. And some people may not and some may not and excuse me, summer, fall offseason, regular season, whatever I have been around her enough off the court and seen her enough on the court, for a fact, to know exactly what i have seen and heard to know that its not a shot at a kid its fact whether you like it, believe it or agree with it. I know people all over this state and area and trust me, I am not the only one with this opinion. And there's nothing wrong with "the best players" playing on "the best AAU teams" or having D1 offers, i wish people would just make sure that "the best" is just that. 

Many people forget this is a place to post what they think, what they feel about things and their own personal opinion about sports, players, coaches, schools, teams, players and etc... So, for people t get on here and say somebody is taking a shot at somebody, and it hasnt only been you, that's not the case. I give credit where credit is due at all times. And yes, you know me and i know and you know i'm going to call it just like i see it. I played and coached on every level except the pros so I know this game and I know talent just like you do, so i'm not new to this by a long shot. Nothing personal toward anybody, but im not going to pacify anybody either

I’ve seen at least 95% of every high school game Khyla has played over the last four yrs . I just don’t see a character issue with her. She may or may not win this award but she definitely deserves to be on this list.

3 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Recent finalists Taylor Lamb and Braelyn Wykle come from a storied program, but they both added to the "story" by leading South Greene to state titles in 2016 and 2017.

My pick this year was Tori Rutherford from Grainger County. Grainger made it to state last year, but lost in the first round. This year Grainger has an excellent shot to get there again. So, if Grainger makes a run in Murfreesboro and maybe even wins the AA title this year, then their program will gain real bona fides. Rutherford is a junior and should get more recognition next year. She is a fine player fortunate enough to have some fine teammates.

If you were to ask any of these players, their preference would be that their respective team win the title—personal accomplishments take a back seat.

The committee has a difficult job rating individual players. It's natural that they put a certain amount of weight on a player's individual success and, possibly, an equal amount on the success of their team.

Wykle is playing lights out at Carson-Newman and starting as a Freshman. I predict she will someday be an All American. There is life after high school basketball.

I agree on Rutherford. I definitely think she should have received high consideration. I personally think that just from the East, her, Campbell Penland from Northview and the girl from Gatlinburg are all better than a couple of the AA finalists. Rutherford will likely receive the nod next year but I actually think Penland is a better player. However, if the “criteria” continues Rutherford will win that battle because Northview is a newer school and her team isn’t as good. Still doesn’t make sense to me. 

More baffled by AAA. Just shocked no one from Bradley Central, Stone Memorial, or even Bearden was chosen as that third finalist, with the other two being locks. 

17 minutes ago, eastten said:

I agree on Rutherford. I definitely think she should have received high consideration. I personally think that just from the East, her, Campbell Penland from Northview and the girl from Gatlinburg are all better than a couple of the AA finalists. Rutherford will likely receive the nod next year but I actually think Penland is a better player. However, if the “criteria” continues Rutherford will win that battle because Northview is a newer school and her team isn’t as good. Still doesn’t make sense to me. 

More baffled by AAA. Just shocked no one from Bradley Central, Stone Memorial, or even Bearden was chosen as that third finalist, with the other two being locks. 

Picking three from each class ain't easy. The truth is no matter who gets picked someone else will be unhappy. Lots of players are considered, but unfortunately only a handful get chosen. It's a safe bet the ones only receiving consideration will be playing in college some day. They'll all be happy. Scholarships are money in the bank. 

Just now, Americal198 said:

Picking three from each class ain't easy. The truth is no matter who gets picked someone else will be unhappy. Lots of players are considered, but unfortunately only a handful get chosen. It's a safe bet the ones only receiving consideration will be playing in college some day. They'll all be happy. Scholarships are money in the bank. 

Absolutely! +1

2 hours ago, eastten said:

Carter has taken her team to state every year in the brutal 8AA district, she is more than deserving.  Hurst plays AAU ball with both Penland and Rutherford.  I would venture to say they all are happy for each other. Heck private message thier east tenn AAU coach you probably can go watch them practice together in few weeks, and you can satisfy your appetite. and you also will get to see Fritz, AAA finalist..

Edited by repoman
Spell
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, repoman said:

Carter has taken her team to state every year in the brutal 8AA district, she is more than deserving.  Hurst plays AAU ball with both Penland and Rutherford.  I would venture to say they all are happy for each other. Heck private message thier east tenn AAU coach you probably can go watch them practice together in few weeks, and you can satisfy your appetite. and you also will get to see Fritz, AAA finalist..

Yes, I’m from East Tennessee, hence the name. I know who they all play for. And, yes I’m sure they are all happy for each other. That’s great. Still doesn’t change my mind. And, again, individual award, not team. Thanks, though. 

14 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Dang @realistlicFan45 who are you? Someone said we all know who you are, I don’t know. I agree with what you are saying! I ain’t going to speak on her character.