I’ll Say It

eastten

17 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

If you're not good enough to make your team one of the best in the state, then you're not a Miss Basketball finalist... sorry.....

I'm not real sure who you're referring to about not being the best player on their team....

Boy you said some real words here! If your not good  enough to make your team one of the best in the state, then you my friend shouldn’t be mentioned as a Miss Basketball finalist! 

12 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Will McNairy even win their district? No way they get past regionals. 

McNairy won the regular season district with only one loss at South Side. They nearly beat Dyersburg twice who everyone out here considers the second best AA team in the area. If they stay opposite of Westview in the region tournament, they’re capable of beating anyone in the region. Where is Reg. 7-AA being played?

3 hours ago, eastten said:

Yes, I’m from East Tennessee, hence the name. I know who they all play for. And, yes I’m sure they are all happy for each other. That’s great. Still doesn’t change my mind. And, again, individual award, not team. Thanks, though. 

We know you are and those  rose colored glasses bought at some flea mkt in Sevier county area it sounds like.

25 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

McNairy won the regular season district with only one loss at South Side. They nearly beat Dyersburg twice who everyone out here considers the second best AA team in the area. If they stay opposite of Westview in the region tournament, they’re capable of beating anyone in the region. Where is Reg. 7-AA being played?

Regions are at Lexington. Watched McNairy and Lexington other night. If Ltown would have been a hair better on shot selection they win that game. Luxury of a district/region plagued with injuries and youth..... yeah I thought Dburg  would “out athelete” them. They go the way KK goes. If her or Newsome  has a 20+point night they are hard to beat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Regions are at Lexington. Watched McNairy and Lexington other night. If Ltown would have been a hair better on shot selection they win that game. Luxury of a district/region plagued with injuries and youth..... yeah I thought Dburg  would “out athelete” them. They go the way KK goes. If her or Newsome  has a 20+point night they are hard to beat.

Agreed

• Like 1

19 hours ago, maddams said:

I don't think an argument can be made against any of the finalists.  There are definitely other young ladies that deserve recognition but I would not take any of the current finalists off the list. 

I could certainly get on board with adding two more finalists in every class.  Recognizing five finalists rather than three would not have any negative outcome.  

Agreed, they even expanded the Oscars to being up to 10 movies from 5. And most districts/regions recognize 10 or more players each; surely 5 players per classification would be no stretch. And I am NOT a give everyone a trophy kind of guy, but I feel like 5 players in each classification would be more than worthy. Heck, would it be crazy to assure one from each area plus 2 "wildcards"?

44 minutes ago, Newkidontheblock said:

Agreed, they even expanded the Oscars to being up to 10 movies from 5. And most districts/regions recognize 10 or more players each; surely 5 players per classification would be no stretch. And I am NOT a give everyone a trophy kind of guy, but I feel like 5 players in each classification would be more than worthy. Heck, would it be crazy to assure one from each area plus 2 "wildcards"?

The problem with that is a lot of the time folks on here do not agree with the district and region selections. How in the world can the be expected to agree on the MRS basketball selections? I would say that if character and academic's paly a part in the selection that may effect some players. Depending on what the measurement standard is. If you have a outstanding player with a 2.5 GPA and a slightly less player with a 4.0 GPA is that enough to make the switch. Hard to tell without a true guide of the selection criteria. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Your rite about the Lexington game. We left the door wide open in that game and if they both win there first game in the district tourney they’ll play again. But one it comes to the region I think we can play with them but to beat em we got to limit some of our turnovers way to many imo. Lots of those turnovers are unforced. Got to do a better job of stopping the ball on the defensive end as well. Do those things and we can compete in the region. Can’t wait for the tournament to start.

16 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Your rite about the Lexington game. We left the door wide open in that game and if they both win there first game in the district tourney they’ll play again. But one it comes to the region I think we can play with them but to beat em we got to limit some of our turnovers way to many imo. Lots of those turnovers are unforced. Got to do a better job of stopping the ball on the defensive end as well. Do those things and we can compete in the region. Can’t wait for the tournament to start.

Coach Bowman has brought those girls along way in one season. With Taylor back they could be a sleeper and upset in district if they play team ball. Thought the Scotts Hill and Chester County games were good too. Got robbed at SH with the refs IMO. Ltown got a lot of potential if they can work on their fundamentals. Like you said to many unforced turnovers