I’ll Say It

eastten

56 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Coach Bowman has brought those girls along way in one season. With Taylor back they could be a sleeper and upset in district if they play team ball. Thought the Scotts Hill and Chester County games were good too. Got robbed at SH with the refs IMO. Ltown got a lot of potential if they can work on their fundamentals. Like you said to many unforced turnovers

The first time we played y’all Taylor was out second round at McNairy she played. Big difference. I’ve always liked Taylor’s play. Little guard y’all got plays hard too don’t know her name she looked young. Make me a little nervous about playing y’all again in the tourney especially on y’alls home court. 

On 2/13/2020 at 2:33 PM, GCPioneer said:

My opinion....

I think if you're going to be a Miss Basketball finalist, you should absolutely be on one of the best teams in the state with an exception here and there. And if your team isn't one of the best teams in the state, you better be putting up big time numbers.

I think Madison Hayes has proven to be an exception. I think East Hamilton has been the #3 seed in the District 5AAA Tourney the last 3 years, yet she does put up great numbers & it’s hard to argue she doesn’t deserve the award. 

I do like the idea of 5 finalists, as well, that someone mentioned. 

Edited by FootballFan51

1 minute ago, FootballFan51 said:

I think Madison Hayes has proven to be an exception. I think they have been the #3 seed in the District 5AAA Tourney the last 3 years, yet she does put up great numbers & it’s hard to argue she doesn’t deserve the award. 

I do like the idea of 5 finalists, as well, that someone mentioned. 

Madison Hayes is an exception.... arguably the best player in the state, and one of the best that the state has seen in some time. Also, a kid with great character and the definition of a Miss Basketball. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:02 PM, Tigersandcats said:

The first time we played y’all Taylor was out second round at McNairy she played. Big difference. I’ve always liked Taylor’s play. Little guard y’all got plays hard too don’t know her name she looked young. Make me a little nervous about playing y’all again in the tourney especially on y’alls home court. 

Taylor has the heart of a Lion and is strong and plays physical. Her presence makes a big difference for the Lady Tigers. Also, mark my word, #10, i believe is a 10th grader, she will be good for them the net 2 years. Big, strong guard with decent skill and plays hard. A little fine tuning and they will have them something special.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is just my two cents but if football has 5 semi-finalists and 3 finalists in each class with 6 classes why can’t basketball do the same with 3?  Makes no sense to me. 

Good point. I just wish a lot of this processes were thought out more thoroughly and that every kid, coach and team had a fair shake. Local media, writers and talent scouts in all areas of TN support and push kids because of a name, school name, what circuit or team they play on and so forth when those players are not always the best players.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Good point. I just wish a lot of this processes were thought out more thoroughly and that every kid, coach and team had a fair shake. Local media, writers and talent scouts in all areas of TN support and push kids because of a name, school name, what circuit or team they play on and so forth when those players are not always the best players.

You noticed too....lol

13 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Taylor has the heart of a Lion and is strong and plays physical. Her presence makes a big difference for the Lady Tigers. Also, mark my word, #10, i believe is a 10th grader, she will be good for them the net 2 years. Big, strong guard with decent skill and plays hard. A little fine tuning and they will have them something special.

All they need is to get a guard to work all summer with a ball handling coach. If they had a fundamentally sound guard next two years would be theirs for the taken. Just about all classifications  but especially AA in West TN is gonna fall way off when these 2020’s graduate. Lot of great kids in that class!

AA in West TN will have a really good SouthSide team getting their best player back from injury.  Martin Westview will miss Callins and Yancey but will still be very good with the young PG.  I believe Dyersburg only loses one starter.  Covington will be good again.  

Lots of good players in the 2020 class but I disagree that AA in west TN is "gonna fall way off"

40 minutes ago, maddams said:

AA in West TN will have a really good SouthSide team getting their best player back from injury.  Martin Westview will miss Callins and Yancey but will still be very good with the young PG.  I believe Dyersburg only loses one starter.  Covington will be good again.  

Lots of good players in the 2020 class but I disagree that AA in west TN is "gonna fall way off"

Not AA but GC is losing 5 seniors and lost 5 last year and believe it or not could be better next year. Madison Hart could be a Miss Basketball Finalists. Her sister Micah would start for GC right now if she was elgible as an 8th grader. Evan Cantrell is a freshman and gets to the basket as a guard as well as any guard I have seen over there. I predict three double digit scorers right there and has lots of good help on the bench.

3 hours ago, maddams said:

You got to look at it as a whole. SS gets better with Currie-Jelks back yes but nobody comes back 100% after that injury but this district will be weak. They will still be 1or2 but  McNairy loses Wade-Warren. Lexington Loses Taylor. Crockett loses Pankey and several shooters. Dyersburg loses Newsome. And you mentioned WV tandem. Losing them two will kill WV. Freshmen can shoot open but she will have to handle ball and this is probably her weakest point. Covington isnt West TN to me but ok they will be decent too. Of those players named they make up 65% of the scoring or better. This year in AA in West Tn anybody can have a chance to advance. About the same way in A besides Greenfield. Next year it will be two maybe three team dominating everyone else.